I've been faithful about installing the newest leaked OS. I've used every one of them. But I've had consistent problems with memory leaks and .141 froze constantly with a big increase in required batt pulls.

I was attempting to install a hybrid last night, but never could get it to work. I decided to go back to .75 and reattempt the install. It got to be too late by the time .75 install finished so I went to bed.

I've been running .75 all day with really good results. My file memory has stayed around 30MB which is more than I've EVER had before and it's not leaking. I launched applications in stages to test them and there's no leak in any of them.

I think I'll stay with .75.
    05-12-09 03:02 PM
    Have at it. I have a small memory leak, but it has never affected the performance of the phone. At present, I prefer to have a more functional phone with a memory leak, than go back to .75 and have stable memory.
    05-12-09 03:07 PM
    You fixed a memory leak by goin back to .75?? Whatcha gonna do to fix all the sh!t .75 screws up?? If it works on your phone then good for ya. I boot up at 55 and hold at 40-50 all day with HEAVY use on crackman's v5 with 5.0 files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 03:23 PM
    I was about 1 day from returning my storm when I saw the first OS update...I tried it and was hooked, I am running V5 and loving it. I have a memory leak but i think it is my theme...so i cant imagine going back to .75=throwing storm in the storm drain..
    05-12-09 03:34 PM
    On a side note im on 141 had some memory issues with 75 113 as well. I decided to remove a n app at a time. First a poker game second viigo no change when I removed the hockey news app problem was solved. I lose memory but it restors itsself throughout the day. All that time and one of my favorite apps was the criminal. Good thing hockey season is almost over now mo storm has a memory.

Go Wings!
    05-12-09 07:33 PM
    Yeah, I've still got a leak, but not as bad. I did have a spontaneous reboot this evening. And I noticed a lot of lag. So I was wrong, I guess. I'm going to finish installing the hybrid tonight.
    05-13-09 12:00 AM
    I could tolerate .75 only for an hour today no more...back to bb crackman v5!!!
    05-13-09 12:05 AM
    Going back to .75 right now would make me... wait... ya... I just threw up in my mouth.

In my experience, themes have been one of the biggest culprits of memory leaks or using too much memory.
    05-13-09 09:47 AM
    So far, I'm very impressed by the hybrid. This the first time I've used one. I waited for too long to do that.
    05-13-09 06:40 PM
    The hybrid is the best OS yet for me, but this obsession with memory is ridiculous. My memory ranges from 40 to 15, but the performance of my phone NEVER changes. I haven't pulled my battery in at least 2 weeks. Going back to 75 to fix an irrelevant problem is like going back to a camp fire for cooking. It certainly works and it might be fun for the occasional novelty, but I would never abandon my stove. It's faster, more efficient and is soooo much easier to use.

Grey
    Last edited by grey; 05-13-09 at 10:16 PM.
    05-13-09 10:10 PM
    The hybrid is the best OS yet for me, but this obsession with memory is ridiculous. My memory ranges from 40 to 15, but the performance of my phone NEVER changes. I haven't pulled my battery in at least 2 weeks. Going back to 75 to fix an irrelevant problem is like going back to a camp fire for cooking. It certainly works and it might be fun for the occasional novelty, but I would never abandon my stove. It's faster, more efficient and is soooo much easier to use.

Grey
    I agree 100%. My phone is so fluent it is just outstanding
    05-13-09 10:32 PM
    I use shrink my OS to remove event_log_viewer.cod from my .141

Now my memory stay very stable only 5mb lost after 2 days use with Viigo.

Note that I read Viigo 3 times a day with 10 feeds.
    05-13-09 10:46 PM

Grey
    Also 100% agree
    05-13-09 10:56 PM

Grey

Even if I didn't agree, this would force me to agree because of the analogy. Lol. I <3 it.
    05-14-09 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD