I love my storm and I actually love the pics from the built in cam. I do frequent the bar scene more than I should during the week and esp on weekends.

I love being able to take pics on the fly with the Storm when a reg cam is not available.

Problem is....it takes forever to focus. And the LED is so bright that it blinds everyone in the pic by the time it does focus. (Yes, I'm on .103 and used .99 as well...still takes to long).

Is there any way to develop an app, etc that would allow us to change the cam to fixed focus and have the flash fire for pic only?

I know that all pics wouldn't be perfect, but I'd rather loose a few shots that way than not taking them at all because of the embarrassment factor of how long it takes to focus.
    02-17-09 10:06 AM
    Well its weird. On my phone ever since .99 I completely lost my focus altogether.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 10:12 AM
    Well its weird. On my phone ever since .99 I completely lost my focus altogether.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL...if it'd take a quick pic, I'd take it.
    02-17-09 10:46 PM
    i would rather have a quick pic too rather than focus, the camera is clear before it focuses anyway.. i hate the long focus time!
    i would like an option to turn focus on and off because the flash and focus is great in the dark, but dont need it at all in the day
    02-18-09 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD