Here ya go guys...

they can be ordered from GrafiXpressions - Express yourself in vinyl form!...

these will drastically reduce the amount of screen wobble while helping protect the chrome trim on your storm.

enjoy!
    12-21-08 11:22 PM
    nicely done man, my screen doesn't really wobble, but what if other people have GA, or Phantom? Won't the chrome protector add some bulk? also, how easy is it to remove if sending it in for warranty replacement?
    12-21-08 11:29 PM
    they bond enough where these will not peel up with normal use...however you can easily peel them off if you heat them up a tad with a hairdryer and pull the strips off using your finger nail.

we tried a ton of different products and methods to fix the wobble, this is about as simple as can be and eliminated 95% of the screen shake.

my goal was to make something effective, yet not take away from the look of the phone at all...
    12-21-08 11:32 PM
    Great job blue rocket
    12-21-08 11:32 PM
    What about the up and down wiggle?
    12-21-08 11:33 PM
    Looks pretty good
    12-21-08 11:35 PM
    Is it possible to make top and bottoms as well? This may help with the dust for some people too.
    12-21-08 11:38 PM
    you've got to keep just a bit of the wobble or you make it so the screen doesn't depress and pop back up quite like it should. I tried it with a piece on the top and it's iffy as to whether or not it will effect the surepress, so i decided against it. By eliminating most of the side wobble the screen feels MUCH MUCH better!
    12-21-08 11:39 PM
    Is it possible to make top and bottoms as well? This may help with the dust for some people too.
    The product comes with 4 pieces, if you want to use the extra 2 strips for the top and bottom you can definitely do that.

I may make another product with the top and bottom sized pieces for those who want it.

12-21-08 11:40 PM
    ugh...this makes me sad....why does our phone require so many "fixes"...why can't it just be close to perfect from the start
    12-21-08 11:47 PM
    The product comes with 4 pieces, if you want to use the extra 2 strips for the top and bottom you can definitely do that.

I may make another product with the top and bottom sized pieces for those who want it.

I got a request maybe you can work with me on something. Can you make a top and bottom piece but long enough to cover the entire top plastic and cut to fit and bottom to cover the entire buttons and bottom black plastic?

I like your idea but if you were to make the top and bottom as I stated it would make it even better!! I have a BB holster and when sliding in and out Ive noticed that the buttons and plastics get scratched going in and out from use which has been irritating me.
    12-21-08 11:48 PM
    He wobbled it the first time really fast and the second time he wobbled it really slow.

I still heard a wobble at the end but I'm sure it does helps a lot.

Plus the added protection is always a bonus. I dropped my storm and the only thing that scratched was the chrome pieces. So even if it doesn't fix the wobble it would help with that.
    12-21-08 11:55 PM
    I got a request maybe you can work with me on something. Can you make a top and bottom piece but long enough to cover the entire top plastic and cut to fit and bottom to cover the entire buttons and bottom black plastic?

I like your idea but if you were to make the top and bottom as I stated it would make it even better!! I have a BB holster and when sliding in and out Ive noticed that the buttons and plastics get scratched going in and out from use which has been irritating me.
    ^ i did notice that too...my buttons have small hairline scuffs on them.

I'll look into this...
    12-21-08 11:56 PM
    ^ i did notice that too...my buttons have small hairline scuffs on them.

I'll look into this...

Ok so Im not the only one. Is the one you have the BB leather outside and a magnet strap from the top? Its a minor little thing but hey if you can do that it would be great! I dont want to have a full condom on my phone like some of those full kits for the full phone.

Anyways let me know what you were able to come up with
    12-22-08 12:07 AM
    hey its blue rocket from 8thcivic
    12-22-08 12:10 AM
    Pete you're the man im gonna have to grab these. Now i'll have your products on my car (Si) and my cell phone lol. actually i have an extra shocker you sent me on my comp too. grfxp everywhere!
    12-22-08 12:12 AM
    ^ haha i'm trying to branch out to more than just cars! :-)
    12-22-08 12:16 AM
    Definitely going to look into ordering these.

Now only if there was something that would cover the light coming from around the screen and buttons.
    12-22-08 12:17 AM
    This phone had to be made like that right or am i wrong?
    12-22-08 12:26 AM
    I'm sorry, ^^
    but I think it is wrong that I should literally feel my screen shift when I pick the phone up.

The overall build quality of the Storm is fantastic, but there are minor annoyances that should have been resolved (ex. Screen wobble/Light through edges around buttons and screen)

But yes, I see why some screen wobble would be necessary, but the screen shouldn't be moving when I am not even using the thing.
    12-22-08 12:30 AM
    ^ haha i'm trying to branch out to more than just cars! :-)
    hey pm me your pin, i have a couple questions for you if thats cool
    12-22-08 12:39 AM
    im pretty sure the screen is supposed to wobble, mine does and honestly it doesnt even bother me.
    12-22-08 12:39 AM
    Screen is supposed to wobble we all know that. Its just Preference! I just wouldnt mind mine being a little bit more tight but still with some play of course.
    12-22-08 12:46 AM
    haha yeah but these preference are the reason why the Storm seems like it has a lot of problems, but in reality is not.. this phone is the best ever! But, i understand i nit pick on some stuff too
    12-22-08 01:00 AM
    just trying to improve upon a pretty nice device...
    12-22-08 03:27 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD