Is there anyway to fix this? This is my second storm and it has the same problem that I turned the first one in for. When i click it down on the left side, It will make a Tick noise, Like if there was something stuck under the screen, But I know it isnt that. It goes away and comes back, And if I push down on the screen Hard where the part that is ticking is, It will stop for a little bit. How many others have this problem? It is VERY annoying. Any ideas on how to fix it, I don't want to have to go through the replacement process.
    01-07-09 08:40 PM
    send it back til they get it right!
    01-07-09 08:47 PM
    There are 2 main fixes that I know of: one is to put a piece of paper under the battery and the other is to tweak the screws making the screen better. I believe that both are not for dust or dirt under the screen tho.

I wouldnt recommend either fixes. Instead, I would get another replacement despite not wanting to go thru the hassle of it.

I have storm number 4 and its a keeper!
    01-07-09 08:47 PM
    There are 2 main fixes that I know of: one is to put a piece of paper under the battery and the other is to tweak the screws making the screen better. I believe that both are not for dust or dirt under the screen tho.

I wouldnt recommend either fixes. Instead, I would get another replacement despite not wanting to go thru the hassle of it.

I have storm number 4 and its a keeper!
    I know its not Dirt under the screen though, Because it goes away and comes back.
    01-07-09 08:50 PM
    And I tried the paper trick, Although it makes my screen click nicer, The tick is still there.
    01-07-09 08:52 PM
    I know its not Dirt under the screen though, Because it goes away and comes back.
    Seriously, it's a pain to replace but its worth it when you get the perfect storm. You shouldnt have to do anything to get a new piece of equipment to work correctly.
    01-07-09 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD