So we've established that there is definitely lag with the software (especially the blue light) keeping up with typing in .99. If you're not experiencing this you're either lucky, are a slow typer, or have some setting enabled that the rest of us don't.

Anybody have any suggestions to fix this lag? I've freed up memory to 44MB, so it has to be tied to something else. Instead of ******** lets figure out what to do to make it quicker.
    02-05-09 09:50 AM
    So we've established that there is definitely lag with the software (especially the blue light) keeping up with typing in .99. If you're not experiencing this you're either lucky, are a slow typer, or have some setting enabled that the rest of us don't.

Anybody have any suggestions to fix this lag? I've freed up memory to 44MB, so it has to be tied to something else. Instead of ******** lets figure out what to do to make it quicker.
    I'm afraid the only fix for this lag is another OS build.

The lag in the browser while typing in downright shameful. I sit there and watch the lights follow me. It's like playing that game for kids where you have to follow the pattern of lights and tones only in slow motion and backwards.
    02-05-09 09:54 AM
    Are there actually some of you who aren't experiencing this lag? Or do you just tolerate it?

Does wiping first have any affect this? I just installed .99 on top of .90 and am experiencing problems but don't want to wipe if it won't make a difference.

I know with .90 it was better to install on top than to wipe.
    02-05-09 10:02 AM
    I only experience any real noticeable typing lag when I am using the browser and typing in WAP forums, etc...

When texting I don't find it as bad.
    02-05-09 10:13 AM
    I consider myself a fast typer and I do notice some lag when texting, but it hasn't been an issue other than some typos. It hasn't locked up or given me any problems. I have my my keboard settings set to:
    Key Tone: off
    Key Rate: fast
    Tap Interval: 100
    Hover Period: 100
    Swipe Sensitivity: High

I don't know if this will help, but its my 2 cents worth.

Budreaux
    02-05-09 10:29 AM
    I consider myself a fast typer and I do notice some lag when texting, but it hasn't been an issue other than some typos. It hasn't locked up or given me any problems. I have my my keboard settings set to:
    Key Tone: off
    Key Rate: fast
    Tap Interval: 100
    Hover Period: 100
    Swipe Sensitivity: High

I don't know if this will help, but its my 2 cents worth.

Budreaux
    Have the same settings. The blue lags behind and the screen doesn't print the letters fast enough either. It leads to a lot more errors.
    02-05-09 10:34 AM
    I've noticed the same thing. All we can do is hope that this is resolved in the next release

Budreaux
    02-05-09 10:46 AM
    I find that the letters eventually make their way to the screen even if the light doesn't so I can't complain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mister_tu; 02-05-09 at 11:50 AM.
    02-05-09 11:47 AM
    I personally would only call it "lag" if I found myself typing beyond the legitimate capacity of the input device...which I don't...so therefore no lag, go figure...lol
    02-05-09 11:52 AM
    There is definitely a lag but I can deal with this until the next build. In .90 build my phone would freeze countless times per day...that was much more unbearable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 11:52 AM
    try turning off spell check - this sped up the typing for me
    02-05-09 11:56 AM
    The typing lag is annoying, but it's plausible. My life is not so busy that I can't wait the 2 ms for each letter to display. I'd suspect many of the others who are going on about this being so inconvenient for everything are even less busy than I am.
    02-05-09 03:00 PM
    Thanks blackberrysince07. That worked for me.

Budreaux
    02-05-09 03:50 PM
    Slow for me too - and I consider myself a decently fast typer. It is definitely a huge downgrade from .90. I was absolutely flying in .90 when I was typing (except in the browser - but browser typing has been slow in every OS build that I've used thus far) and now it's almost intolerable. Oh well, guess just wait for the next OS.
    02-05-09 03:58 PM
    .90 was all around a better os for me than .99 and the typing lag was unbearable in .99 so i went back to .90 after a week or so of .99
    02-05-09 04:36 PM
    I find the typing lag to be no real issue. I just type type type and then do a quick proofread like you should do with any text message The only thing is when the errors come within "is", "it", "or" it is hard to tap to spell correct but no worries...I like playing with my Storm
    02-05-09 04:41 PM
    i'll deal with the typing lag in .99 so that i dont have to deal with the media player freezing in .90

its really not all that bad, i can type almost as fast on my storm @ .99 than i could on my old bb's physical qwerty, even if the lights take a second to catch up.
    02-05-09 06:24 PM

Mine was lagy until around the 10 battery pull and memory clean. After that the OS and typing started to work great with the exemption of the MMS still not working with some images.
    02-05-09 06:29 PM
    only time I notice lag is when using the full qwerty, I NEVER have any when using suretype.
    02-05-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD