Well...I attempted my first wipe. Thanks to C_X, everything went well.

Then I installed the new OS .86. Everything went well. Atleast I thought.

Restored my stuff and eagerly awaited testing this baby out.

To my surprise there was no Browser. I started freaking out. Of course it was midnight and my 9month old started crying. As I knew I would now be in the doghouse with my wife...I had to go to bed.

Woke up this morning, did another wipe, fresh install of .86, hoping, praying, and still not browser.

With only a few minutes until I had to leave for work, I decided to make a call. The radio had to turn on.....and viola! The browser appeared!

So happy that I have my browser, I have a few quick questions to the gurus out there:

Why did the wipe and 86 install not include my Berry Messenger, Maps, and a few others? Is there other components I need to install as well? Just wanna make sure I don't leave anything out!

Thanks for any advice/help you can offer!
    01-13-09 06:37 AM
    If you followed the wipe and install tutorial and the How to back up 3rd party app
    s tutorial you should not have had any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 06:45 AM
    When you do a wipe you have to double check that the programs that you want installed back onto the device are checked. A lot of times it leaves them out where as when you use DM it knows what programs are on so it automatically reinstalls them. At least that is what happened to me.
    01-13-09 06:48 AM
    Browser is controlled by the service books. resending service books does wonders anytime you think you have an issue. No book no browser
    01-13-09 07:07 AM
    yes, teh browser is enabled by the carrier, and shows up when your phone is registered with the carrier, doing a wipe has to reenable the phone to be registered, usually this means sending the service books.

Then, after awhile, the browser will show up, along with I believe the application center.
    01-13-09 07:09 AM
    Why did the wipe and 86 install not include my Berry Messenger, Maps, and a few others? Is there other components I need to install as well?
    Probably because you didn't check them as components to be added during the install. You can still run DM and go to Add/Remove Programs and add those programs without reinstalling the whole OS.
    01-13-09 07:21 AM
    Gotcha. Will do. Guess with my first wipe....I just assumed that it would reinstall.

I did do the 3rd party app backup....so I'm set there.

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions/advice.

I might not have everything installed, but atleast I can enjoy 55mb of memory until I get home and reload!!!!

Also a special thanks to C-X for his tutorial on wiping and backing up 3rd party. That man is god-like!
    01-13-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD