does anyone know if its the same length and width as the original storm?
    05-15-09 04:14 PM
    does anyone know if its the same length and width as the original storm?
    From the looks of it, it looks skinnier and a bit longer.... But I guess you saw the same pics as I did... Either way it looks pretty cool. I just wish they would freaking fix the storm gen.1 first before they even thought about working on a new phone...... And I think everyone on CB will agree with me.... Or atleast most.
    05-15-09 04:28 PM
    From the looks of it, it looks skinnier and a bit longer.... But I guess you saw the same pics as I did... Either way it looks pretty cool. I just wish they would freaking fix the storm gen.1 first before they even thought about working on a new phone...... And I think everyone on CB will agree with me.... Or atleast most.
    I'm sure they're still working on the storm 1. It's not as if all their resources are on this new "STORM"
    05-15-09 04:38 PM
    I'm sure they're still working on the storm 1. It's not as if all their resources are on this new "STORM"
    That's true.... but I guess I can understand, RIM has given Verizon many OS's to potentially release. I think verizon just needs to upgrade us to .141 atleast until they do get a "gold code". Bc there are many users out there that are not willing to use leaks or hybrids. But these hybrids are probaly way better then any OS that will come from RIM..... Atleast until (or if) the Official 5.0 Comes out for the Storm.
    05-15-09 04:49 PM
    What would really help the Press ALOT is that instead of ONE button under the screen there would be 5... One in the middle, and 4 on each corner... This would make Typing a bit faster...
    Don't some people have trouble pressing near the edges? Would this magify that problem? Instead of 4 hare to press corners, you would have 20. I don't have this issue myself, but I'm familiar with people complaining about it being hard to press in the corners.
    05-15-09 04:51 PM
    Don't some people have trouble pressing near the edges? Would this magify that problem? Instead of 4 hare to press corners, you would have 20. I don't have this issue myself, but I'm familiar with people complaining about it being hard to press in the corners.
    Don't think this one has SurePress...click go bye bye?
    05-15-09 04:59 PM
    The only reason it's hard to press and get it to click at the extreme edge and corners on the current Storm IS because of the single button in the middle. The screen must have enough anchor/resistance at the opposite end of where you're pressing in order to be able to press down on the middle fulcrum point of the screen plane. Sometimes this doesn't happen and the screen actually teeters on the middle button instead of pressing down on it.

You can see this by simply applying just a bit of resistance to the opposite side of the screen from where you're pressing. You'll see that it clicks much easier. If the new design has more then one button, that guarantees you have a fulcrum point closer to the sector of the screen you are pressing and inturn allows for a click on one of the buttons somewhere to register.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 05:02 PM
    I hope it does have SurePress - I love that kind of feedback. I know it took me a while to get used to it, but now I relly miss it on "regular" touch screens like the Dare, Instinct or Omnia.
    05-15-09 05:05 PM
    It has some sort of "press" because there's a gap around the display just like the current model. Rumour has said there are changes to it though and it's now called "TruePress."

My guess would be that they've made improvements to how the movement of the screen is handled. There may or may not be more buttons underneath, but I'm guessing the display "suspension" system is at least different and maybe the display is even mechanically attached somehow rather than free-floating. Again, just my guess. Anything else you get will be guesses too!
    05-15-09 05:19 PM
    Probably the small port looking opening on the lower right hand side and also on top of the phone maybe. The device is the same outer casing as the other new one that surfaced a few days ago with a keyboard on it... chances are good that the speaker ports are the same between those two.

I thought the lower port as well, but looking at the rear photo, does that look like the hook for a lanyard? Remove the back to loop it around?

05-15-09 05:22 PM
    I thought the lower port as well, but looking at the rear photo, does that look like the hook for a lanyard? Remove the back to loop it around?
    Thank you for bringing a pic back so I could at least save that one...lol!

Someone else mentioned it in an earlier post. Look up between the camera and the flash. That *could* be a speaker port. Or maybe the speaker is behind the display and the sound travels out around the edges? Possible? That would actually be kinda cool to have the sound coming toward you instead of away from you!
    05-15-09 05:28 PM
    Man the storm 2 may just keep me from jumping ship for the palm pre. Can you imagine what the storm 2 forums would be like on here lol? J/k I love crackberry.

05-15-09 05:29 PM
    To clear up some of your confusion:
    -no one knows when its being released
    -no this is not the 9520. That is the Rogers version of the Storm (see the sticky on the first page)
    -the unofficial name is Storm 2

that what i thought be thank to clarify
    05-15-09 05:56 PM
    Thank you for bringing a pic back so I could at least save that one...lol!
    Go over to Engadget. they're all still there.
    05-15-09 05:58 PM
    As per Engadget, a source has said the clicking screen SurePress is gone.. now it is solid and may contain some sort of haptic feedback.

BlackBerry Storm 2 dropping SurePress screen?

For those who missed the pictures:

05-15-09 06:03 PM
    I wonder if it will still be for verizon? The storm and the tour have the chrom bezel and this looks more like the 8520. I actual like the blacked out look more, but the chrome seems to be verizons thing.
    05-15-09 07:59 PM
    i prefer chrome bezel
    05-15-09 08:26 PM
    I'm hoping / guessing this is an early concept product and the design will change... those 4 keys turning into touch scare me.
    05-15-09 08:28 PM
    Who has the pictures? I missed them can you please e mail me some?
    [email protected]

Thanks!
    05-15-09 09:00 PM
    I will look into the Storm 2 when and if one of the buttons falls off my Storm 1.
    05-15-09 09:01 PM
    Who has the pictures? I missed them can you please e mail me some?
    [email protected]

Thanks!
    Look up on this page smart guy
    05-15-09 10:13 PM
    is that camera on the front?
    is it going to be video call feature in?
    05-16-09 04:06 AM
    I just got my Storm, now they are coming out with a 2? Maybe I should have waited.
    05-16-09 04:54 AM
    is that camera on the front?
    is it going to be video call feature in?
    it s a led
    05-16-09 10:13 AM
    I can't believe they haven't removed the photos on this post!!!
    05-16-09 10:42 AM
334 ... 11121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD