i cant wait to get my hands on

is the release date still around September?December?
    i am also confused here, is it the 9520 that we are talking about that we call the storm 2 or it s a storm 3?
    05-15-09 02:01 PM
    ** Images Removed at RIM's Demand **

...check out engadget...

Code:
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/photos/exclusive-blackberry-storm-2-shots-1/2015642/
    i checked the link and i still see the pics
    05-15-09 02:04 PM
    It really depends on what you need the device for. Physical keyboard BlackBerry's are very good devices. All of the keyboards on the various devices are good, with the 9000 & 9630's being excellent. I would say if you need to bang out emails and messages all day, or a good portion of the time you use the device, then I might go with the 9630 or 8330. If that's not so big a deal, I would wait on this device. The Storm to me is really good for browsing, media, etc. and that's it's strong points. The 9630 does those also, but the experience isn't as good because of the smaller screen. The new input method of this device is better than the current one you have.
    I would say maybe keep what you have until both are released and make a decision from there.
    Great points CX. I will wait for them both to be released. Yay, I'm so excited and I think I like it.
    05-15-09 02:11 PM
    yea, if you really want to there are pictures all over the place. one site even has decent info on the phone (could be speculation, of course):

Description: BlackBerry Storm 2 is the second generation BlackBerry with a touch-sensitive screen, successor of the highly anticipated Storm. It has a similar design, but the keys on the front are now touch-sensitive as well and features a new typing method, named TruePress, which should make text input easier. Storm 2 also adds Wi-Fi, but the other features are similar and include a 3.2-megapixel camera, GPS and a full HTML browser.

Honestly, I LOVE my storm. Too bad it was rushed yada yada yada and alot of you guys out there got some real bad production quality in yours but just give me a Storm with the true "gold code" and I would have no reason to look at any other phone for awhile. If you have one with a good hardware build like mine there still is nothing on the market that compares to it. It is the first of it's kind so like everything else original it will have it's share of growing pains. Allow the ability to save apps to the memory card and that is all I need. =)
    05-15-09 02:13 PM
    I see Engadget hasnt pulled there Storm 2 pics yet and they seem to have a couple more added minus the originals they stole from CB.
    05-15-09 02:14 PM
    i cant wait to get my hands on

is the release date still around September?December?
    i am also confused here, is it the 9520 that we are talking about that we call the storm 2 or it s a storm 3?
    To clear up some of your confusion:
    -no one knows when its being released
    -no this is not the 9520. That is the Rogers version of the Storm (see the sticky on the first page)
    -the unofficial name is Storm 2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 02:24 PM
    I still don't see why the second click as I described it theoretically working is not multiple clicking in your description. If you have two separated buttons under the screen being clicked then recognizing those clicks separately becomes a matter of the software.
    Because I'm talking about clicking MULTIPLE PLACES AT ONCE.

I already SAID having multiple buttons would make clicking better, i.e. registering successive clicks quickly.
    Last edited by Joel S.; 05-15-09 at 02:30 PM.
    05-15-09 02:26 PM
    I see Engadget hasnt pulled there Storm 2 pics yet and they seem to have a couple more added minus the originals they stole from CB.
    I believe they had their own leak from the same source... they tend to give credit where credit is due.

pics are down on crackberry, but they are still on engadget... odd.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 05-15-09 at 02:39 PM.
    05-15-09 02:28 PM
    Don't get me wrong, my loyalty is to CB for sure, but Engadget Mobile is a good site, and is not in the habit of stealing pictures. You will notice that they ran two different stories. One with CB's pics and references to CB & Kevin, with the pics having CB's watermark. And then they ran another story with their own pictures in which the same guy sent them some as well. But Engadget does NOT steal pictures. They're too professional for that.
    05-15-09 02:46 PM
    Thank you Engadget, thank you
    05-15-09 02:48 PM
    Don't get me wrong, my loyalty is to CB for sure, but Engadget Mobile is a good site, and is not in the habit of stealing pictures. You will notice that they ran two different stories. One with CB's pics and references to CB & Kevin, with the pics having CB's watermark. And then they ran another story with their own pictures in which the same guy sent them some as well. But Engadget does NOT steal pictures. They're too professional for that.
    how accurate are their stories?...if you can say
    05-15-09 03:00 PM
    I'm honestly not completely sold that the Storm 2 will be that big of a difference. regardless of how many buttons there are on the screen you still have one big piece of glass clicking down and last i checked glass doesnt bend very well.

All im getting as is i dont see how typing speed will be improved. it might feel more consistent but for me personally i dont have a problem with how my phone feels when i type on it.
    05-15-09 03:02 PM
    how accurate are their stories?...if you can say
    Engadget is about as reliable as the rest of the Blogs. Not everything is 100%, but it's like that will all of them. Except CB that is.
    05-15-09 03:08 PM
    Engadget is about as reliable as the rest of the Blogs. Not everything is 100%, but it's like that will all of them. Except CB that is.

Now that is a great answer, haha...
    05-15-09 03:11 PM
    That's why i practically live on here since i decided on getting a blackberry. Been hooked since i started using my girlfriend's curve.
    05-15-09 03:11 PM
    Now that is a great answer, haha...
    Thanks Severe. I know you would have said the same.

That's why i practically live on here since i decided on getting a blackberry. Been hooked since i started using my girlfriend's curve.
    As you can see, CB has the scoop on just about everything. For instance, first look at the Gemini, Onyx, and the Storm 2. That's the big leagues.
    05-15-09 03:17 PM
    As you can see, CB has the scoop on just about everything. For instance, first look at the Gemini, Onyx, and the Storm 2. That's the big leagues.
    And to think at one time I was depressed because I got banned from BBF forever and had to spend my time on this lame, non-visited, second rate forum (at that time) that was CB. lol How ya like us now boys??!?!!
    05-15-09 03:25 PM
    Thanks Severe. I know you would have said the same.

Still waiting on the Pluto first look
    05-15-09 03:30 PM
    does anyone know the length and width?
    05-15-09 03:30 PM
    OK, for those of you having trouble understanding why a second press point would be beneficial try this...

Open the Keyboard in Landscape Mode... Press and hold down the "A" key... Why holding down that key press the "L" key... You see how there is just dead click? Yes, the software could be modified to also register the "L" key while holding the click down but then the "Press" would be gone...

Now fast typers, like myself, are too fast for this phone... When I press the "A" key sometimes I get to excited and press the "L" key before I let go of the "A" key... This adds errors and mistakes to my typing there for slowing me down...
    05-15-09 03:34 PM
    OK, for those of you having trouble understanding why a second press point would be beneficial try this...

Open the Keyboard in Landscape Mode... Press and hold down the "A" key... Why holding down that key press the "L" key... You see how there is just dead click? Yes, the software could be modified to also register the "L" key while holding the click down but then the "Press" would be gone...

Now fast typers, like myself, are too fast for this phone... When I press the "A" key sometimes I get to excited and press the "L" key before I let go of the "A" key... This adds errors and mistakes to my typing there for slowing me down...
    The way im seeing it is even with extra buttons under the screen because you essentially still have one big button with more impact points doesnt change how fast the one button can be pushed down
    05-15-09 03:43 PM
    i didnt see an external speaker. where is it, is it hidden?
    05-15-09 03:44 PM
    Good Point.
    05-15-09 03:50 PM
    Good Point.
    Extremely . .
    05-15-09 04:00 PM
    Probably the small port looking opening on the lower right hand side and also on top of the phone maybe. The device is the same outer casing as the other new one that surfaced a few days ago with a keyboard on it... chances are good that the speaker ports are the same between those two.
    05-15-09 04:01 PM
334 ... 1011121314
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD