we'll already have an OS by the time the storm 2 is released...by quite a bit of time between the two events too, i'd say.
    Yah I've been hearing that I got my Storm in January.
    Care to place a wager on that?
    =) lol
    05-15-09 11:34 AM
    to bad the pictures was removed by request.. hopefully we will get more info about the specs soon
    05-15-09 11:37 AM
    to bad the pictures was removed by request.. hopefully we will get more info about the specs soon
    Pics are still up at BGR and other sites , i guess Kevin was asked nicely , and he being the nice person he is took them down out of respect
    05-15-09 11:44 AM
    silly RIM..
    working on "newer" hardware when they can't even get the first product's software to run correctly? lol

well at least this confirms the gold code for storm 1 should be out sometime this lifetime.. since releasing storm 2 without fixing the first one would be just crying out to the public for a class action..
    05-15-09 11:54 AM
    maybe with all the people who are upset about the storm 2 , maybe just maybe we will get some leak love tonight lol ( what am i thinking ) we will get no leak

yes before anyone says anything my phone works , but i know its capable of more
    05-15-09 11:55 AM
    Screw Verizon!!! I will never, ever buy another Storm from them.....stuck on .75 for over six months now??? what would make me think that it would be any different for the Storm 2???? Every device has bugs when it comes out, but for Verizon NOT to push to fix them, shows me alot about what they really care about....Fool me once, your bad, fool me twice, My bad......I will Never make that mistake again......sorry everybody...just had to vent and put my two cents in..
    05-15-09 11:56 AM
    Really wanted to get excited about this but a little part of me inside is crying, dying and...... STILL TRYING TO FACKIN USE APPS W/O AUDIO AND ANSWER A CALL ON THE TOUCH SCREEN W/O LAG OR ERROR ON .75 OS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON ALREADY THIS IS AN EMBARASEMENT!!!!!!!!!! and i know theres leaked OS's but that wont suffice when every other network that carries the storm has had friggin multiple official releases and were still waiting for the 2nd!!!!!! DAMNIT!
    Last edited by Joey Babs; 05-15-09 at 12:17 PM.
    05-15-09 12:07 PM
    Kevin took down the entire blog off of the front page. I wonder what exactly happened for him to do that?

Correction;

Nope, its still up. My bad.
    Last edited by cenloe; 05-15-09 at 12:22 PM.
    05-15-09 12:20 PM
    Screw Verizon!!! I will never, ever buy another Storm from them.....stuck on .75 for over six months now???
    your avatar says you are running a hybrid .141. so which is the lie?
    05-15-09 12:24 PM
    I hear that Verizon will launch the Storm 2 and it will be in July and it will have wifi. Their aim had been for March but was pushed back. Or is that forward? get confused on this. I was also told that the os will be 5.x instead of 4.7 and something about liquid crystal screen (don't have a clue of what a liquid crystal screen is).

There is no real info in regards to storm 2. What is confirmed is that RIM is working on it. Everything else is just speculations and rumors.
    05-15-09 12:31 PM
    Looks like who ever leaked these photos weren't very smart, and there were not do release these pics. I find it very funny how this whole thing blew up. I no myself I was happy to see them but a part of me wonders why they would have pics available, when the should be trying to fix the first gen storm. I think its great that a new storm is coming out but I almost feel like Verizon and RIM almost made all of us storm users beta testers for the phone. Now that they no what and what not to do, they went right back into production with a new phone. Can you blame them they have to try to compete with apple and try to get as close to them as they can other wise whats the point, and with the all anticipated Pre coming out shortly they are going to need a phone that looks and runs amazing. I no everyone is upset that they want an OS update, and we will get one shortly, just d/l 132 or 141 for now, and you'll be much happier. I cant wait for the new storm guaranteed it'll be amazing, and will run like a hurricane.
    05-15-09 12:32 PM
    You're misunderstanding.

I'm talking about clicking down in 2 places at once as was mentioned earlier in the thread. You could have 35 buttons in there and it wouldn't matter because when you click down in multiple places the whole screen may click. It would be more on the screen's detecting the multi-touch, which it already does.

I've already said having multiple buttons would help the click be more consistent.
    I still don't see why the second click as I described it theoretically working is not multiple clicking in your description. If you have two separated buttons under the screen being clicked then recognizing those clicks separately becomes a matter of the software.
    05-15-09 12:37 PM
    So does Verizon offer a trade in blackberry trade in program?
    05-15-09 12:48 PM
    Removed nice Well i got them anyway
    05-15-09 12:48 PM
    I was told by a friend about the Storm 2 in January, I spoke with this friend about the Storm 2 yesterday and yes this friend works for Verizon but is not a rep. This friend has assigned stores that when new products are coming, this friend goes to the assigned stores trains staff and such on the upcoming products.

This friend told me in January not to buy my storm but to wait for the storm 2 which they were told at that time in January would be coming in March. But they ended up having to push it to July.

This friend is firm on the July launch, they are getting ready for it. This friend told me they were having a meeting today on the upcoming new product lines and will let me know what the deal is.

This friend did say it will have wifi a 5.x os and the friend said something about a liquid crystal screen (they will let me know more detail when they find out).

I'm hoping this friend will get the demo model for training purposes like the last time before the launch.
    05-15-09 12:55 PM
    The new input method works well, and most people will prefer it to the current Storms input method.
    05-15-09 12:55 PM
    looks very similar to the original.....
    05-15-09 12:57 PM
    Radio did say it wasn't a Storm 2 since it's a revision...confusing when it keeps being called Storm 2
    05-15-09 01:05 PM
    The new input method works well, and most people will prefer it to the current Storms input method.
    Darnit CX, just when I was weaning myself off of the Storm you come and drop this nugget and make me want the Storm 2 more.

I've never had a QWERTY BB before as the Storm is my first. Do you think I should give a QWERTY BB a shot? Then perhaps go back to a touchscreen when the Storm 3 is released?
    Last edited by ushneb; 05-15-09 at 01:29 PM.
    05-15-09 01:24 PM
    Looks nice! I'm in for one!!!
    05-15-09 01:30 PM
    Darnit CX, just when I was weaning myself off of the Storm you come and drop this nugget and make me want the Storm 2 more.

I've never had a QWERTY BB before as the Storm is my first. Do you think I should give a QWERTY BB a shot? Then perhaps go back to a touchscreen when the Storm 3 is released?
    It really depends on what you need the device for. Physical keyboard BlackBerry's are very good devices. All of the keyboards on the various devices are good, with the 9000 & 9630's being excellent. I would say if you need to bang out emails and messages all day, or a good portion of the time you use the device, then I might go with the 9630 or 8330. If that's not so big a deal, I would wait on this device. The Storm to me is really good for browsing, media, etc. and that's it's strong points. The 9630 does those also, but the experience isn't as good because of the smaller screen. The new input method of this device is better than the current one you have.
    I would say maybe keep what you have until both are released and make a decision from there.
    05-15-09 01:53 PM
    I know I already want a Storm 2!
    05-15-09 01:54 PM
    ** Images Removed at RIM's Demand **

...check out engadget...

Code:
    http://www.engadgetmobile.com/photos/exclusive-blackberry-storm-2-shots-1/2015642/
    05-15-09 01:57 PM
    It really depends on what you need the device for. Physical keyboard BlackBerry's are very good devices. All of the keyboards on the various devices are good, with the 9000 & 9630's being excellent. I would say if you need to bang out emails and messages all day, or a good portion of the time you use the device, then I might go with the 9630 or 8330. If that's not so big a deal, I would wait on this device. The Storm to me is really good for browsing, media, etc. and that's it's strong points. The 9630 does those also, but the experience isn't as good because of the smaller screen. The new input method of this device is better than the current one you have.
    I would say maybe keep what you have until both are released and make a decision from there.
    can you elaborate on the input method ? if not its cool ? will it not be like the click screen we have now ?
    05-15-09 01:59 PM
    Photos taken down? Why? What's RIMs problem with them being posted? Why would a confirmed device even though it's still in testing be hidden?

Get your act together over there guys.... instead of worrying about pictures of Storm 2 fix Storm 1 !!!!!

Sad to see where RIMs priorities are....
    05-15-09 02:01 PM
334 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD