This picture on Engadget shows the device having an MEID.

Engadget Mobile

Here on Wikipedia it says an MEID is unique to CDMA equipment.

MEID - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess it's not GSM. It's settled then.
    That answers that question then, It's just like the current radio set up on the 9530.
    05-15-09 12:24 AM
    Not impressed. Simple as that.

Sure they are just pictures of the aesthetics and such, but didn't RIM learn with the hole "gap" fiasco with the first Storm? I'm sure they will do a better job sealing it up this time, but there is still no reason to have that noticeable of a gap. And another 3.2MP camera? Not a good idea; you have to put at least a 5MP in it to make it seem like an improvement over the first. Software will be 5.0, but will most likely be no different from the first.

I'm sorry RIM, but you have to step up your game if you want to justify putting the "2" after the "Storm".
    05-15-09 12:25 AM
    That answers that question then, It's just like the current radio set up on the 9530.
    But is it really the storm 2 ..or a revision that all carriers are getting?
    05-15-09 12:28 AM
    Yep looks nice as h***

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 01:16 AM
    But is it really the storm 2 ..or a revision that all carriers are getting?
    I don't think anyone knows that at this point.
    05-15-09 01:37 AM
    Wonder how buggy the OS will be?
    How bad will memory leak be?
    This I think is what we need to know...

05-15-09 01:49 AM
    not impressed and i have absolutely no expectations / excitement about this "Storm 2". the internals on it have to be pretty amazing for me to consider switching.. you sure this isnt just an updated storm thats GSM w wifi for the other carriers?
    05-15-09 02:05 AM
    what if it uses a dual-core? will you be impress then?
    05-15-09 02:13 AM
    its looks like there is no wifi otherwise the label behind the battery would have wifi mac address
    05-15-09 03:04 AM
    I just hope for a huge obvious screen improvement. Like no gaps, very consistent click and such. Also, the camera should be stepped up. And if RIM learned anything, they'll get the OS right the first time.

05-15-09 09:15 AM
    I was hoping the stupid click screen would be absent. No such luck.
    05-15-09 09:24 AM
    Oh boy it's gonna be a long summer. As the info is trickled out to us, as with the first storm, there will be endless theories and debate. For those who were on these boards before the storm ("thunder" back then), you know exactly what I mean. In fact, wasn't it this time last year?
    05-15-09 09:50 AM
    its looks like there is no wifi otherwise the label behind the battery would have wifi mac address
    Can anyone confirm that there would be a wi-fi mac address on the label? (if it were to have wi-fi)
    05-15-09 09:54 AM
    Well... but don't you think multiple "screen click pressure points" would take care of some of the screen click issues people have with the Storm we have now? I wasn't saying the buttons shouldn't be there... wouldn't it make it better if there WERE more buttons under the screen to register selections? (Not for multiple key presses at once, but for easier presses overall.)
    Oh yea, I agree 100%. The extra buttons would help the click be more consistent, but they wouldn't do anything to help detect multiple click points.
    05-15-09 10:01 AM
    Oh yea, I agree 100%. The extra buttons would help the click be more consistent, but they wouldn't do anything to help detect multiple click points.
    Why not?

You start here -

If you have a button under the left side of screen it clicks /

Or you can press the button on the right side of the screen it clicks \

But if you go fast the first press clicks /
    then the second press clicks _
    The first press unclicks while the second press is still clicked \
    And at that point you are ready click the other side again

Improved clicking speed due to multiple buttons could be a nice improvement if it is tuned well.
    05-15-09 10:34 AM
    WIFI ------ if you look at the new pictures on the home page , there is a picture with the battery cover off , now i think it 2nd or 3rd line from the bottom it says something "" MAC , if im correct and my eyes are ok lol

so im thinking this might have wifi
    05-15-09 10:36 AM
    Waste of time.... fix Storm first before pushing Storm 2.

I love my Storm... really like Blackberry but if RIM thinks I'll ever buy another device Storm or not from them with the way updates have been handled on the OS for Storm they're nuts. I know I won't be alone nor are my feelings the majority.

What good is a second generation of a phone that isn't stable?
    05-15-09 10:38 AM
    Its the same pig, just a new shade of lipstick. Don't be fooled by this wolf in sheeps clothing, it is the most unholy, un-user friendly smartphone in the history of smartphones. The fact that blackberry is going to do it a second time only proves that they are committed to having passed off customers. As I said in another post, having a blackberry without a keyboard is like having an ipod without a scroll wheel. This phone can blow me!

You mean like the iPod Touch?
    05-15-09 11:03 AM
    Why not?

You start here -

If you have a button under the left side of screen it clicks /

Or you can press the button on the right side of the screen it clicks \

But if you go fast the first press clicks /
    then the second press clicks _
    The first press unclicks while the second press is still clicked \
    And at that point you are ready click the other side again

Improved clicking speed due to multiple buttons could be a nice improvement if it is tuned well.
    You're misunderstanding.

I'm talking about clicking down in 2 places at once as was mentioned earlier in the thread. You could have 35 buttons in there and it wouldn't matter because when you click down in multiple places the whole screen may click. It would be more on the screen's detecting the multi-touch, which it already does.

I've already said having multiple buttons would help the click be more consistent.
    05-15-09 11:06 AM
    WIFI ------ if you look at the new pictures on the home page , there is a picture with the battery cover off , now i think it 2nd or 3rd line from the bottom it says something "" MAC , if im correct and my eyes are ok lol

so im thinking this might have wifi
    Storm 2 Wifi

I just made a thread for this fact WITH a picture.

Edit: Here is the picture.

Picture removed by the request of RIM sorry folks!
    05-15-09 11:13 AM
    I hear that Verizon will launch the Storm 2 and it will be in July and it will have wifi. Their aim had been for March but was pushed back. Or is that forward? get confused on this. I was also told that the os will be 5.x instead of 4.7 and something about liquid crystal screen (don't have a clue of what a liquid crystal screen is).
    05-15-09 11:17 AM
    Not to wild about the hard buttons moved to the screen, but thats me..
    Agreed. I love the hard buttons on my Storm. It's the only way I answer calls, since it's always in Landscape mode trying to switch into Portrait when pulling the phone out of my leather case.

I love my Storm, nothing but good things to say about the hardware. Sure, the OS has some bugs, but nothing terrible.

My concern is hearing about all these "click screens getting stuck in" and won't click anymore?
    And people's hard buttons are falling off?
    What's going on?! I've had my phone since January (4+ months now) and have not experience any of these problems. I'm a heavy user as well, but I take really good care of it....like a new born baby.

Any thoughts on what's causing the stick screen glitch? Am I going to get this eventually? Or are there just defective production models out there?
    05-15-09 11:21 AM
    [QUOTE=.MgB.;2563662]Storm 2 Wifi

I just made a thread for this fact WITH a picture.

Edit: Here is the picture.

Picture removed by the request of RIM sorry folks!

I'm fairly certain that is a BT before MAC and I would assume that is the MAC address for the Blue Tooth radio. If you look at the sticker under the battery on your 9530, there is a BT MAC address there too.
    05-15-09 11:24 AM
    im not impressed at all. what we need is MORE buttons not less. and how hard would it be to throw a trackball on this bad boy? like really? its 2009...cars are flying in japan...can a get a frickin trackball?
    F*** the trackball. That's the dumbest idea ever. Not sure how you old *Blackberry* users ever put up with that sh*t.
    05-15-09 11:26 AM
    ^ Ah... well played, guess I got a little too excited. :]
    05-15-09 11:27 AM
334 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD