So it looks good...the real test will be to see how it runs....AND if they decide to make use of openGL and the chips video functions...

I can paint any car and make it LOOK nicer...but that doesn't mean it will run very well or better....when i was younger i bought many cars that looked good but just didn't run well

I think to IMPROVE the Storm they need to make use of the video functions of the chip and openGL..
    A-FREAKIN-MEN

this would REALLY help to reduce the perceived "lag" some people get pissed about. I really don't get why the storm is running on software rendering
    05-14-09 07:16 PM
    I want one. I'm REALLY hoping they made obvious hardware improvements and that you're able to trade in your first gen storm for a second gen one. That'd be nice
    05-14-09 07:16 PM
    so when can i get my grubby lil hands on it! lol
    05-14-09 07:17 PM
    Need more info.

I like the buttons but that's the only thing I can tell right now
    05-14-09 07:18 PM
    Looks good.

Appears to attempt to fix the complaints and weaknesses like the feeble buttons that tear off.

I like the slicker look and hidden, black convenience keys.
    Looks like the screen was just extended to include the physical hardware buttons and the phone slimmed down. Same OS, same camera. RIM is basically acknowledging that the Storm 1's hardware was flawed...

And don't even tell me it wasn't flawed when you need to buy stickers, business cards, n torx screw drivers to get it to click properly...
    Looks good so far. The change of adding the buttons to the screen will help the light bleeding that many currently see around those buttons and the problem of them getting snagged on holsters. I can't wait for more photos or a video to see it in action.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    it annoys me when people act like someone owes them something because they came out with a new, better product or something like that.

Happened with the iPhone and the pricing, now it's happening here. Not going to lie, I feel a little tug of it too, but then I let reasoning set in.

Just saying.
    Damn. Sorry I asked. I did not say that they owe it to me. Go back and look. Some companies have done things like this in the past.
    i love this!!! i hope the software is fixed... i was thinking about picking up the iphone if it ever comes to verizon... but the storm 2 is looking hot!! nice and thin.... and i like how the new buttons are...
    05-14-09 07:19 PM
    It doesn't say insert sim card so I assume that its a CDMA device. Not surprised there was no radical change since its just a refreshed model with a couple new features like wifi and I'd assume extra memory and maybe the screen is HD but that's pushing it lol. Irony that they are keeping the same camera hopefully they make the camera software better

05-14-09 07:20 PM
    You know what will be funny, is when they launch it and it has like .109 OS on it....poopy
    05-14-09 07:20 PM
    Well this is still a while away yet
    Why?

It's right there in Kevin's hands all ready to go? The original Storm was even released early with ill-prepared software.
    05-14-09 07:22 PM
    Looking really slick.. Not sure If i like the buttons on the screen as this was in an early mock of storm 1.. have to see what hardware changes are inside.
    05-14-09 07:25 PM
    LTE?....if not Ill wait for version 3
    05-14-09 07:25 PM
    That not kevins hand.

05-14-09 07:26 PM
    I don't think this kevins phone, prolly kiki the guy that showed the Onyx to us.

05-14-09 07:27 PM
    A. crackberry is the freaking best how did you guys get pics so early?? B. hopefully this new screen is some kind of amazing because i dont know anout all of you current storm users, but with mine trying to click on a button on the outside bottom of the screen is like pulling teeth from a tiger... C. the biggest question yet...is there any way to tell if this thing will have wi-fi!?!?! regardless of all these issues i will be the first one in line at verizon whenever this beast gets released. thinner and slicker with a bigger screen? sign me up..
    05-14-09 07:29 PM
    with keys on screen looks like room for wifi
    Looks pretty slick.. wouldn't mind having it to go along with my iPhone
    I hope RIM does what Microsoft has done with the Zune. When the Zine 80 was released, original Zune 30 owners got a free upgrade to the new firmware. Hopefully something like that will happen with the Storm...
    I hope RIM does what Microsoft has done with the Zune. When the Zine 80 was released, original Zune 30 owners got a free upgrade to the new firmware. Hopefully something like that will happen with the Storm...
    it'd be great if verizon released a free upgrade for our OS, except for the fact that my screen probably still wont click. a free upgrade to a new Storm 2 would be ideal, as if this new Storm comes out before I've had mine for a year, they will owe me a brand new Storm. This whole Storm phenomenon is bull and the people that put up with it should be given a medal. (including all RIM employees that tested and all of the servers that uploaded leaked OS)
    05-14-09 07:33 PM
    The original Storm was even released early with ill-prepared software.
    And you really think they're gonna try that again?? lol
    05-14-09 07:34 PM
    I really don't feel that they should be obligated to give Storm owners a discount. When I bought my car, I didn't expect them to give me a discount when the new year's model came out. It's the same idea here.
    Well, if your car really sucked and had multiple issues, would you not expect something then?
    05-14-09 07:34 PM
    I must admit people here wanted storm 2 for wrong reason, because there is nothing wrong with storm and they are working on getting 5.0 very soon which will be stable. remember last winter lots of people thought that storm was supposed to be best BB device but ended up very huge disappointed because of unstable OS, but understand that storm was BB's first ever touchscreen device.

also most important of all is that no smartphone is perfect and all have some sort of a problem when first release to the public then things gets better later with updates
    05-14-09 07:36 PM
    it'd be great if verizon released a free upgrade for our OS, except for the fact that my screen probably still wont click. a free upgrade to a new Storm 2 would be ideal, as if this new Storm comes out before I've had mine for a year, they will owe me a brand new Storm. This whole Storm phenomenon is bull and the people that put up with it should be given a medal. (including all RIM employees that tested and all of the servers that uploaded leaked OS)
    OS upgrades are always free... are they not?

Highly doubt they will be giving away free Storm 2's to current Storm owners.
    05-14-09 07:37 PM
334 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD