It would allow for the keyboard to register 2 presses or more at the same time...

Also, since it says "Activation Required" means that its CDMA right? GSM will usually say "Insert Sim Card?"
    Not sure how, I could imagine any click will press down more than 1 button unless the screen is flexible.
    05-14-09 06:59 PM
    Nice! I like it! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 07:00 PM
    it looks nicer but i hate my storm and i'd never get another
    05-14-09 07:01 PM
    Having multi-touch abilities would be sweet...is that a copyrighted term, oh well.
    05-14-09 07:01 PM
    Kevin, amazing pics!!! not much design difference, but they appear to have gotten rid of the seperate keys, smart idea.
    05-14-09 07:02 PM
    Hypothetical question... Let's say Storm 2 is released and my Storm 1 breaks. I have the insurance. Would they give me the option to upgrade? Would they give me a refurbished Storm 1?

Any chance they give Storm 1 owners a deal where if they reup at that point then they can get the discount?

TIA.
    05-14-09 07:02 PM
    this seems like more of a revision of Storm 1 as opposed to a whole new beast all together but we'll see what happens with this one
    05-14-09 07:03 PM
    It would allow for the keyboard to register 2 presses or more at the same time...
    Do you think? My husband and I were just discussing this. The screen sensors would still have to be there for it to know what you want to select... the extra buttons would just make the screen clicking easier, right? I'm not tech savvy when it comes to the actual BUILDING of these things.
    05-14-09 07:03 PM
    Hypothetical question... Let's say Storm 2 is released and my Storm 1 breaks. I have the insurance. Would they give me the option to upgrade? Would they give me a refurbished Storm 1?

Any chance they give Storm 1 owners a deal where if they reup at that point then they can get the discount?

TIA.
    I really don't feel that they should be obligated to give Storm owners a discount. When I bought my car, I didn't expect them to give me a discount when the new year's model came out. It's the same idea here.
    05-14-09 07:05 PM
    storm refresh maybe?
    05-14-09 07:06 PM
    I really don't feel that they should be obligated to give Storm owners a discount. When I bought my car, I didn't expect them to give me a discount when the new year's model came out. It's the same idea here.
    yea i agree with you. It sucks for me because i just got my storm like last week lmao haha...
    05-14-09 07:08 PM
    Well this is still a while away yet

05-14-09 07:09 PM
    God make the screen longer! Such a waste of space on the bottom!

Ehh what does it matter. Im gonna pass on this one anyway.
    05-14-09 07:09 PM
    it annoys me when people act like someone owes them something because they came out with a new, better product or something like that.

Happened with the iPhone and the pricing, now it's happening here. Not going to lie, I feel a little tug of it too, but then I let reasoning set in.

Just saying.
    05-14-09 07:10 PM
    Do you think? My husband and I were just discussing this. The screen sensors would still have to be there for it to know what you want to select... the extra buttons would just make the screen clicking easier, right? I'm not tech savvy when it comes to the actual BUILDING of these things.
    I agree, multi-click would probably be more on the OS. Don't see how multiple buttons would facilitate it any better.
    05-14-09 07:10 PM
    You just stopped me from buying the 9630 lol. Only thing is, have you confirmed that this will be indeed coming for Verizon, and not just for another carrier? And I see it only has a 3.2 megapixel camera. What are the upgrades over the original Storm?
    05-14-09 07:12 PM
    this seems like more of a revision of Storm 1 as opposed to a whole new beast all together but we'll see what happens with this one
    Yeah I thought there was gonna be a bigger difference physically between the 2 but it is the 1st pics so only time will tell. It looks a tad thinner but I wouldn't go out and buy 1 based on that alone
    05-14-09 07:13 PM
    So is it touch or like storm 1??

Looks good to me, wonder what its software and hardware upgrades will be.

And I wonder what networks it will go out on? everyone? the same as now? or new ones. I heard a rumour that Orange UK will have the storm 2 but not sure if that is as well as or instead of Vodafone
    I agree, multi-click would probably be more on the OS. Don't see how multiple buttons would facilitate it any better.
    Well... but don't you think multiple "screen click pressure points" would take care of some of the screen click issues people have with the Storm we have now? I wasn't saying the buttons shouldn't be there... wouldn't it make it better if there WERE more buttons under the screen to register selections? (Not for multiple key presses at once, but for easier presses overall.)
    05-14-09 07:14 PM
    So it looks good...the real test will be to see how it runs....AND if they decide to make use of openGL and the chips video functions...

I can paint any car and make it LOOK nicer...but that doesn't mean it will run very well or better....when i was younger i bought many cars that looked good but just didn't run well

I think to IMPROVE the Storm they need to make use of the video functions of the chip and openGL..
    05-14-09 07:14 PM

Also, since it says "Activation Required" means that its CDMA right? GSM will usually say "Insert Sim Card?"
    they sorrrt of do that now with some creative software development

the screen is a multitouch, so while the screen is "down/clicked" any additional "touched" could be registered as button presses
    05-14-09 07:15 PM
    You just stopped me from buying the 9630 lol. Only thing is, have you confirmed that this will be indeed coming for Verizon, and not just for another carrier? And I see it only has a 3.2 megapixel camera. What are the upgrades over the original Storm?
    Im sure they are putting this one out to correct their huge mistakes with the storm 1.

Buttons cant fall off anymore and they most likely added more points of contact behind the screen to make them all click better.

However, the screen still looks like crap. On the current storm you can barely see it in the sun light and the backlight starts to flicker after a while. This one looks to have the exact same screen inside so I wouldnt be surprised if it suffers the same problem.

Im kinda unimpressed actually. Hopefully TruePress is something revolutionary....then again, its probably just the fact that theres more than one point of contact...allowing for more than one input at once like said above.
    Here's an important question that has been overlooked: Kevin, what kind of jeans are you wearing in these pics??
    Hope your source isn't the same as the one who "leaked" the 9520.

We all know how that turned out!
    05-14-09 07:16 PM
334 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD