So the store manager called me personally yesterday to tell me that it was first come first serve and they would be receiving 11 Storms..

I am there 2 hours early.. and I didn't even get one and I was first in line. The rep that helped me said they only had 2... so the first 2 people should have gotten them..

They come back out and say they are gone already and I demand to talk to the manager who I spoke to yesterday. She then tells me that they didn't get what they were suppose to get and the 2 available today were claimed already by people on a list.. and the other 9 were also claimed by people on a list..

I was also told on Tuesday/Thursday and last night by the manager that there was NO list.

I have never had so many fumbles on a cell phone or any type of electronics purchase until dealing with Verizon.. unbelievable.
    11-21-08 07:56 AM
    Where are you at? I was told they where not to hold any.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 08:00 AM
    That is BS. Sorry...
    I'd be pissed too!
    Enough to cxl my VZ account.
    I'll take your Storm :-)
    11-21-08 08:00 AM
    This was in Plano TX off the Dallas North Tollway.. some other crackberry.com forum posters also got screwed out and they were like 3rd in line..
    11-21-08 08:01 AM
    Talk to the manager, and call CS
    11-21-08 08:01 AM
    wow, really suprised to read this. you need to go to another store.
    11-21-08 08:02 AM
    Talk to the manager, and call CS
    Already talked to the manager.. she couldn't do anything.. she said the two storms available that morning were already gone.. which baffled me..

The guy who was 5th in line actually got one of the two.. apparently he just called yesterday and they said they would get one for him and the box had his name on it and everything..

Yet the manager called me the night before and said "First come first serve" so I'm just baffled.
    11-21-08 08:02 AM
    wow, really suprised to read this. you need to go to another store.
    All the stores in the DFW area opened at 7.. so Its already too late.
    11-21-08 08:03 AM
    That is why BB should have taken more control of how this rollout was going to be handled and not have left this up to VZW. When Apple rolled out the iPhone, they had control of the situation and told AT&T how it was going to be done. That way you don't end up with the mess that's happening now with VZW totally screwing up the Storm roll out.

IMHO the rollout should have been delayed a week or so until they got the OS right.
    11-21-08 08:04 AM
    The same thing (almost) happened to me. I called numerous times this week to hear "there's no list... there's no appointments..." and then last night I walk in there to talk about my plan and she says "well I wouldn't bother waiting in line in the morning because we only got 25 and they are already gone." ALREADY GONE?!?!? I WAS FUMING. I yelled and I said I was told no list and she said someone would call me at 7 AM to take my order and give me overnight shipping. It is now 9:05 and I have yet to receive a call. I will NOT give that Verizon my comission so I hope they don't even bother calling me at all.
    11-21-08 08:05 AM
    I am so disappointed in VZW at this moment. They really screwed up big time... spent all their money on Marketing and not getting the phones in peoples hands.

I am jumping ship if I do not get my phone today
    11-21-08 08:05 AM
    I think you got ripped off by employees! If you go back in tomorrow look and see if the sales reps are rockin the storm... if so, you know where your storm went...
    11-21-08 08:06 AM
    I think you got ripped off by employees! If you go back in tomorrow look and see if the sales reps are rockin the storm... if so, you know where your storm went...
    Somehow I have a feeling that is what occurred.
    11-21-08 08:07 AM
    Sounds like head bustinng! I would be so pissed! Take action

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 08:07 AM
    That is why BB should have taken more control of how this rollout was going to be handled and not have left this up to VZW. When Apple rolled out the iPhone, they had control of the situation and told AT&T how it was going to be done. That way you don't end up with the mess that's happening now with VZW totally screwing up the Storm roll out.

IMHO the rollout should have been delayed a week or so until they got the OS right.
    ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ON!!

you just got JERKED... and i would def call customer service... but either way they don't give a cr#p.. everyone needs cell phones now good times or bad..

I would go back later today and call him out on it... then ask him to "step outside" to whip his *** up and down the sidewalk. thats how mad i am right now... and i wasn't even first in line!!
    11-21-08 08:08 AM
    I am so disappointed in VZW at this moment. They really screwed up big time... spent all their money on Marketing and not getting the phones in peoples hands.

I am jumping ship if I do not get my phone today
    No offense, but you sound like a little kid... So, if by the days end you are not holding your own storm you are jumping ship? That sounds ridiculous to me! Especially since the OS isnt even that stable. You just want what you want when you want it.

Again, no offense. I just find it amusing how upset people get over the littlest things.
    11-21-08 08:09 AM
    i was second in line and i didnt get one either. i waited in line for 3 hours in the cold and i was told that they had to order me one because i was an existing customer and the phone were only for new customers that they did get in. they got 20 of them. i was so furious and i couldnt talk them into letting me get my upgrade. thats rediculous cause they told me yesterday that my upgrade was fine and i could get one.
    11-21-08 08:12 AM
    What a bunch of a-holes you should call corp and place a formal complaint about that store. Didn't a CS rep come on CB and tell us that it's against co. policy to have a list? That's why every store is supposed to do a first come/serve? Sorry to hear the BS you had to go through.
    11-21-08 08:12 AM
    No offense, but you sound like a little kid... So, if by the days end you are not holding your own storm you are jumping ship? That sounds ridiculous to me! Especially since the OS isnt even that stable. You just want what you want when you want it.

Again, no offense. I just find it amusing how upset people get over the littlest things.
    I'm just upset I was lied to
    11-21-08 08:14 AM
    i was second in line and i didnt get one either. i waited in line for 3 hours in the cold and i was told that they had to order me one because i was an existing customer and the phone were only for new customers that they did get in. they got 20 of them. i was so furious and i couldnt talk them into letting me get my upgrade. thats rediculous cause they told me yesterday that my upgrade was fine and i could get one.
    Wow! sounds to me like VZW is using the same AT&T/Bold tactics of selling on the first day to only new customers. Did you try another store? My friend went to 3 diff stores before the last one finally let him upgrade to the bold.
    11-21-08 08:17 AM
    I'm just upset I was lied to
    I can understand that. Sorry if I came off as being abrasive.
    11-21-08 08:18 AM
    All of this nonsense of store only selling to new customers is total BS. It was the sales manager at the store saying to him/herself "lets only sell these bad boys to new customers... its a quick way to make a lot of commission." F'ing AHoles!
    11-21-08 08:19 AM
    I called yesterday and the store said they'll have 60 phones. I got there and there wasn't 60 people in line I'd say 20 got phones and they said oh thanks for waiting to order your phone lol..

Best buy called me yesterday stating they won't have the phones till saturday
    11-21-08 08:22 AM
    I got 1 of only 5 units from 12th and Market in Philly!
    11-21-08 08:22 AM
    Same thing happened to me. My friend is a manager and told me first come first serve, and that doors would open at 8 am. Well they opened the doors at 6 am and when I got there they were all gone. I will get mine Friday of next week. Not too bad, but still very disappointed with Verizon. I guess we all should have expected this from them since they have never had a phone come out with this much hype. pi$$ poor, but no reason to leave them.

oh, and the guy next to me wanted to pay full retail and order one like I did and they would not sell him one. They only want new customers or current customers who are in their 2 yr window. Verizon really crapped this up.
    11-21-08 08:26 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD