Well it's our day today. Today we are not tied to our storms or Verizon. So what are all of you Storm owners going to do? There are so many possibilities now. I think I am going to stay with the Storm for a while until I find another Phone that I can't live without.

Having the Storm for 20 months but enjoying it for the past year. It took about 6 months to get the phone the way I wanted it and I am sure if I decide on a new phone it will take that long to get accustomed to something new.

I like the IPhone cause I have an ITouch which I love. The Android phones are confusing at best. Nothing yet on a Storm 3? I don't know if I could do the Storm again.

In my area Verizon has the best coverage but do I need the best?

Wondering how you all feel about today?

George
    07-21-10 09:09 AM
    Well it's our day today. Today we are not tied to our storms or Verizon. So what are all of you Storm owners going to do? There are so many possibilities now. I think I am going to stay with the Storm for a while until I find another Phone that I can't live without.

Having the Storm for 20 months but enjoying it for the past year. It took about 6 months to get the phone the way I wanted it and I am sure if I decide on a new phone it will take that long to get accustomed to something new.

I like the IPhone cause I have an ITouch which I love. The Android phones are confusing at best. Nothing yet on a Storm 3? I don't know if I could do the Storm again.

In my area Verizon has the best coverage but do I need the best?

Wondering how you all feel about today?

George
    I'm sitting and waiting. I'm a network engineer and sys admin so I work with my users' phones and set up which lets me see the good and not so good with the popular phones and platforms.

I'm with you regarding the iTouch and not finding any Android apps that will replace them and not finding a time and billing app that looks better than what I use with my Storm.

I may differ from many because I have the luxury of BES server which is a good thing.

I can't forget that my Storm is a very good phone, messaging and tethering device. Those are really the most important but I believe the X also works as a hot spot.

One concern is I see a developer I know switching from iPhone development to Android development and with no interest in Blackberry app development.

A good reason to hold off may be price and competition. It can only be good for consumers if the rumored Verizon iPhone, new Blackberry OS and more Android phones are all out in a matter of months.
    08-06-10 09:40 AM
    What does everybody think about the Blackberry Torch
    08-12-10 10:26 PM
    I think too little too late on the Tourch! RIM is just falling too far behind the other developments, both in OS and hardware. Droid has much increased memory and 1 ghz processors and an ever expandiing app market. And RIM is just updating the old OS and minor tweeks to the hardware.
    08-14-10 12:49 PM
    I am keeping my S1 too. It is not what I expected but after all this time I have learned its limitations. I bought it because I had a touch and figured the S1 would be the same thing. Wrong!

AT&T does not cover where I live, so I am stuck with Verizon, or I was until I recently installed a signal repeater in the house and a directional antenna 40 feet on a pole over my house. I live in southern Va. where, mostly, AT&T phones say "no service".

My jaw dropped to the floor the day I learned that there is only 128 MB app storage. The operating system uses most of that, so you really have to control what apps you install on it.

I saw 1 Gig internal memory and 8 Gig sim and thought I could use that space like on the touch for apps. The joke is on me this time. Next time I get a phone, I will know exactly what I am getting before I get it.
    08-15-10 09:34 AM
    I am keeping my S1 too. It is not what I expected but after all this time I have learned its limitations. I bought it because I had a touch and figured the S1 would be the same thing. Wrong!

AT&T does not cover where I live, so I am stuck with Verizon, or I was until I recently installed a signal repeater in the house and a directional antenna 40 feet on a pole over my house. I live in southern Va. where, mostly, AT&T phones say "no service".

My jaw dropped to the floor the day I learned that there is only 128 MB app storage. The operating system uses most of that, so you really have to control what apps you install on it.

I saw 1 Gig internal memory and 8 Gig sim and thought I could use that space like on the touch for apps. The joke is on me this time. Next time I get a phone, I will know exactly what I am getting before I get it.
    Well I think that the original Storm was a good learning tool. Like a lot of us I will use my experience with the Storm to make sure I get a great second Smart Phone this next time. Instead of leaping this time I will be learning before I buy the next phone. I have made a list of things I want. I don't think I am going to be too picky just looking for some things that don't need a battery pull every day. I am wishing RIM a lot of success but the phone I want will be a personal device not for business.

It's been a good 21 months but it's not going to last too much longer.

George
    08-15-10 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD