Hi I'm a new blackberry user. Came over to the Storm as a longtime Treo user. I'm using Blackberry Professional Server and one strange issue I'm having is that when I first synchronize my contacts all the entries were in alphabetical order but the first contact. I ended up deleted that contact and everything was fine until I created a new contact in outlook. The contact showed up on my Storm but alas it was at the top of list not in alphabetical order. I've checked the filters and searched online to no avail. I'm hoping someone here can help. BTW overall loving the Storm. Especially since I loaded the leaked update. Thanks Don!

Thanks,
    12-02-08 01:04 PM
    Might be something as simple as there being an accidental space before the first letter of the contact name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 01:13 PM
    Check the titles of the contacts? Also if sort by first naem, last name etc
    12-02-08 02:10 PM
    Hi thank you both for your responses but the issue remains regardless of whether sorting by first/last name and there are no spaces infront of the first letters on either name. Also there are no titles being used. It's very strange and I wonder what makes my setup unique? i.e. why aren't other people having reporting the same issue?
    12-03-08 01:58 PM
    May I ask what the first 2 contacts in your list are?

12-03-08 02:04 PM
    May I ask what the first 2 contacts in your list are?

Sure.
    Amy Stuchen is first and then Betsy Aaron, so it lists them by last name like this:
    Stuchen, Amy
    Aaron, Betsy

Interestingly if I scroll down to the Ss she is listed alphabetically and it is not a duplicate contact.

The first contact I was having trouble was Bob Meyer. I just ended up deleting that contact.
    12-03-08 02:36 PM
    hmm...maybe the contact app is having a brain fart. Have you tried changing the BB contact sort? Go from sort by last name to first name, save, and then change it back? Are you sure you're sorting by last name and not company?

12-03-08 02:59 PM
    I've tried the changing sort order that did not help. It sorts everything by the first name except the first contact (Amy's). And yes I'm not sorting by company.
    12-03-08 03:21 PM
    Weird. I changed around my contact sorts and can't replicate your issue. There has to be something in how you're setting up these contacts that's causing this. Categories maybe? Are you syncing OTA or you sync your contact list through DM? If it's the latter, try deleting the misbehaving contact and recreate it on your Storm and then resync to DM.

12-03-08 03:27 PM
    I'm syncing OTA.
    12-03-08 03:47 PM
    Is anyone else where you work having this issue with their BB?

12-03-08 03:56 PM
    I'm the only one using a BB here. I'm the test case. I just tried adding a new contact on the BB. Shows correctly and then I did the reverse added a new contact in Outlook and it synced and shows up correctly. I guess I should delete the contact in question and re add it and see what happens.
    12-03-08 05:40 PM
    I'm the only one using a BB here. I'm the test case. I just tried adding a new contact on the BB. Shows correctly and then I did the reverse added a new contact in Outlook and it synced and shows up correctly. I guess I should delete the contact in question and re add it and see what happens.

I am going to go out on limb here and ask something that I wouldn't normally ask for this situation but have you tried a battery pull to reboot the phone?

I am just curious...

I do recall running into this issue at one time or another but I believe it was a space or something the way they typed it in.. It was a while ago so I can't fully remember.
    12-03-08 05:51 PM
    Hi Noaim,
    I did do a battery pull didn't change anything.

I also have no deleted and recreated the Amy Stuchen contact and guess what it's not sorting correctly. It's driving me nuts but I guess I'll learn to live with it.
    12-03-08 05:58 PM
    The only other thing I can suggest is to get RIM to help you out with this. Maybe it's a BPS issue with Storms? I don't get it. 99.9% of the time, this kind of problem is user error. Maybe try searching/posting on RIM's support board might get you an answer.

12-03-08 07:53 PM
    It could be a glitch in the os install could try re loading the os

12-03-08 08:13 PM
    I have the exact same issue with my contact list. I tried everything and am not sure why this happens
    12-03-08 08:16 PM
    Chavist are you also using Blackberry Professional Server?
    12-03-08 11:40 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I accidentally deleted my brother and when I re-added him it's not in alphabetical order and I've tried sorting them.
    03-01-09 06:21 PM
    I just got a Bold 9630 and it is doing the same thing. Has anyone resolved this issue?
    06-10-10 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD