I bought the Storm the day that it was released. I waited seven months for this device to come out. This device was one of the main reasons why I did not keep the iPhone. I was on vacation when I bought the device. The OS lag and the bugs did not bother me since I was mostly using it for entertainment and testing purposes. I am a power user and usually try to get all the use that I can out of my Blackberries.

Today was really the first day that I used the Storm for work. I became more and more disappointed in the device as the day went on. The device became simply almost unusable at one point. The more I asked the device to do, the more it spit back freezes and errors at me. The lag, which did not bother me greatly before, became extremely annoying. These are only my thoughts and observations; however, I think that the individuals that are not having issues with their devices are not using them enough. I know that RIM will resolve most of these issues however time is money. I think that some people are disappointed because we all have high expectations from RIM. This is only a compliment to a company that we admire and respect.

Also, please remember that RIM has to work with big red, which is one of the hardest to work with in my opinion. Just my two cents.
    12-03-08 09:15 PM
    Are you running .75 ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 09:18 PM
    I want to wait for the official release. Hopefully the new OS will be released this week. Although not one OS will ever be perfect, I want to prevent as mush as possible in replacing current issues with new issues.
    12-03-08 09:23 PM
    Nice Keynote address... heh ... couldn't resist.

I agree with your assessment. I have been using the device and most of the minor quirkiness goes away with extended use. I think you have clearly stated the issue, and with more patience, many people would have a much better experience.

Although, I think there are some legitimate issues that RIM and VZW need the address before the potential success of the device is negatively impacted.

I am not planning to return mine, but as evidenced by some in the forums, there are clearly some unhappy campers.
    12-03-08 09:26 PM
    If I wouldn't have updated the OS, I would have had no choice but to switch back to my pearl until the new release came out . You're right .65 with heavy use will not work.
    Good news, .75. Has made it a whole week, my biggest b1tch now is send in the sms magically becomes save draft, I can live with that...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 09:33 PM
    I have to admit my Storm is still laggy even with .75 update. It seems like it always gets stuck in landscape in front of one of my customer's. I don't have any problems with the click on my screen or many of the other problems I have read here so I have great hope that RIM will fix the problems with future updates.
    12-03-08 09:49 PM
    I use mine for business since day one.

The .65 software was very buggy. The new .75 cured some of those issues for me.

The only major complaint I have is simply that it cannot keep up with how fast I want to type....that is my biggest complaint. I don't know how a software update could even fix that.
    12-03-08 09:59 PM
    Raydee ... I just experienced the longest lag since I've owned my Storm. And for the first time, my device didn't switch back from landscape to portrait until a reset. I don't know if it was indicative of the 4.7 service update or just a hiccup.

I'm running .75, and have noticed a freezing of the screen with a big white space in place of the icons on the screen. Kinda weird.

Guess I'll see if the problem exists after the next update.
    12-03-08 10:05 PM
    The only major complaint I have is simply that it cannot keep up with how fast I want to type....that is my biggest complaint. I don't know how a software update could even fix that.
    I understand completely what you are saying. But, I am learning to just lift my fingers up faster to allow the screen to match my speed.

I thought about the same that you have though, and I think I came up with a solution. What if they came up with a software update had the option to disable the need for a click? Of course, then they would need to also enable gesturing so that you don't click on something by scrolling...
    12-03-08 10:08 PM
    I use mine for business since day one.

The .65 software was very buggy. The new .75 cured some of those issues for me.

believe it or not the typng does get better withthe new upgrade. with .65 my problem was i typed so fast the the letters lighting up and appearing in my message would be far beyond. I pretty much just learn to type and let them catch up when they did. with .75 I noticed that my fingers and the keys are more in sync
    12-03-08 10:24 PM
    Another issue that I am having is when I put the phone to my ear during a call. I end up touching the screen and accidentally turning the speaker on or initiating some other command. Any real solution to this problem other than installing a proximity sensor similar to the one that Apple uses on the iPhone. LOL
    12-03-08 10:27 PM
    Another issue that I am having is when I put the phone to my ear during a call. I end up touching the screen and accidentally turning the speaker on or initiating some other command. Any real solution to this problem other than installing a proximity sensor similar to the one that Apple uses on the iPhone. LOL
    This happened to me many times. Except instead of speakerphone, I had muted the call, allowing many "can you hear me now?" catch phrases...
    One solution I found for this is not to slam the phone into your ear so you don't click the screen.
    12-03-08 10:30 PM
    [QUOTE=jzcombo;1101429]This happened to me many times. Except instead of speakerphone, I had muted the call, allowing many "can you hear me now?" catch phrases...
    One solution I found for this is not to slam the phone into your ear so you don't click the screen.[/QUOTE]

Ditto this was my solution too, and keep my bluetooth very near by
    12-03-08 10:48 PM
    I do the same thing. Hold the phone to hard against my ear and it mutes it.. Over and over. It NEEDS proximity sensor and force it to profile when the phone rings.. Oh yea just incase RIM is looking, make the pictures a bit bigger for your contacts when they call..
    Had mine for 3 days so far.. Like it but buggy.. Most of the same complaints as everyone else here.. I have hopes that RIM fixes them all.. Please RIM..
    12-03-08 10:51 PM
    your issues are totally legit. i have been using it more and more for calls/emails/PDFs/docs for my business managers and lawyers and it has been laggy on occasion / VERY annoying. im gonna stick with it for now.

also, the .75 EFFED up my stability / brought more crashes etc so yes, do stay away.
    12-03-08 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD