I bought the Storm the day that it was released. I waited seven months for this device to come out. This device was one of the main reasons why I did not keep the iPhone. I was on vacation when I bought the device. The OS lag and the bugs did not bother me since I was mostly using it for entertainment and testing purposes. I am a power user and usually try to get all the use that I can out of my Blackberries.

Today was really the first day that I used the Storm for work. I became more and more disappointed in the device as the day went on. The device became simply almost unusable at one point. The more I asked the device to do, the more it spit back freezes and errors at me. The lag, which did not bother me greatly before, became extremely annoying. These are only my thoughts and observations; however, I think that the individuals that are not having issues with their devices are not using them enough. I know that RIM will resolve most of these issues however time is money. I think that some people are disappointed because we all have high expectations from RIM. This is only a compliment to a company that we admire and respect.

Also, please remember that RIM has to work with big red, which is one of the hardest to work with in my opinion. Just my two cents.
    12-03-08 09:07 PM
    My only suggestion to you is to upgrade to .75 if you have not already, and remember to close apps when your done with them. If you still run into problems then I would say do a bat. pull.
    12-03-08 09:12 PM
    Yes VZW must share in the blame as well. It's mostly Verizons fault BUT RIM needs to step up to the plate and take control because in the end it's their name that will get the black mark.

At any rate most if not all of the users that like it are not power users and it's just a fun toy for them. Serious users that rely on their phones for business will run out of patience fast. It took me 10 mins before I said "the **** with this thing." ; )
    12-03-08 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD