Hey guys. I bought a couple of Storms from Best Buy on release day and they've been giving me a lot of problems. I was wondering if Verizon had granted those who got the first units a longer grace period for returns besides the usual 30 days. Thank you guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 02:54 PM
    I believe it was extended to January 15th.
    01-22-09 02:56 PM
    Yeah, I believe you had until January 15th to return them as many times as you wanted with no hassle from Verizon. I used that 3 times. lol.
    01-22-09 02:57 PM
    return them for new ones? what;s the point your still getting a device that isn't going to work 100%
    01-22-09 02:58 PM
    It wouldn't have mattered since you bought them from Best Buy. The extended return period only applied to people who bought the phones from Verizon, otherwise you're subject to the return policies of the place you bought them. In your case: Best Buy.

After that period expires, you can take the phones to a VZW corp store for anything falling under the 1 year manufacturer warranty, but you can't out and out return them, just exchange.
    01-22-09 03:00 PM
    return them for new ones? what;s the point your still getting a device that isn't going to work 100%
    Good first post. Would read again. A+++
    01-22-09 03:00 PM
    I agree. That was a good post I have 3 Storms. 2 Back ups :P Ill be doing some money making down the line lol
    01-22-09 03:53 PM
    Hey guys. I bought a couple of Storms from Best Buy on release day and they've been giving me a lot of problems. I was wondering if Verizon had granted those who got the first units a longer grace period for returns besides the usual 30 days. Thank you guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If your wondering if Verizon has made a special accept ion because you got an early first batch phone. Then the answer would be negative, no, nada, nope.
    01-22-09 04:14 PM
    Very true.

bigman2 - It wouldn't have mattered since you bought them from Best Buy. The extended return period only applied to people who bought the phones from Verizon, otherwise you're subject to the return policies of the place you bought them. In your case: Best Buy.

After that period expires, you can take the phones to a VZW corp store for anything falling under the 1 year manufacturer warranty, but you can't out and out return them, just exchange.
    Also very true.
    01-23-09 04:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD