Well, I have had OS .86 since about an hour after it was posted here. I have not had one issues what so ever with it until today.. I noticed today that my scrolling in SMS/MMS was not working right(which now I have figured out with some help from others that you have to wait for a couple seconds till it works.)

The biggest problem was this evening when I went into a location that didn't have good service. I first notice the "SIM Card Rejected" (or whatever its says) so I went and tried to change the connection back to 1X, which I had never had the problem so I was trying to remember what I have read about it. In the process of doing that I got a complete freeze up, had to do a batt pull and then got the **** Media Card/Verizon screen BS twice! I haven't had that since the first 2 batt pulls after .85.

Wonder why the no service area would trigger all this mayham??:
    01-13-09 10:51 PM
    Well I have had this os for a day and it has been pretty solid compared to .83 when I installed that leek. So far I have had zero problems, hopefully an official version come out soon for verizon.
    01-13-09 11:08 PM
    Yeah I was like "haha all these people with problems!" and then dangit if mine doesn't start!
    01-13-09 11:09 PM
    I found an issue after about 24 hours I have to do a battery pull because it slows down to a halt.

For example this morning I woke up with a missed call in a voicemail, tried to check my voicemail and i've got it so my password gets automatically typed after 3 seconds and suffice it to say, that didn't happen. Had to power cycle the phone just to check my voice mail.

Also, I find after using voice dialing about 6 or 7 times that stops working and it messes up the phone to the point where I need to pull the battery (and media card to fix it )
    01-14-09 12:17 AM
    Still going strong over here.
    01-14-09 01:37 AM
    Well, I have had OS .86 since about an hour after it was posted here. I have not had one issues what so ever with it until today.. I noticed today that my scrolling in SMS/MMS was not working right(which now I have figured out with some help from others that you have to wait for a couple seconds till it works.)

The biggest problem was this evening when I went into a location that didn't have good service. I first notice the "SIM Card Rejected" (or whatever its says) so I went and tried to change the connection back to 1X, which I had never had the problem so I was trying to remember what I have read about it. In the process of doing that I got a complete freeze up, had to do a batt pull and then got the **** Media Card/Verizon screen BS twice! I haven't had that since the first 2 batt pulls after .85.

Wonder why the no service area would trigger all this mayham??:
    how did you go and change the connection of your service? thanks.
    01-14-09 01:43 AM
    I also ran into the SIM card rejected issue because of lack of service (train was coming out of the tunnel) and then had issues when trying to turn it off and back on to get rid of the message. Didn't have the freeze, though, when changing connection, nor the media card issue. Just the Verizon screen, and after trying to turn it off via button in home menu.

By the way, to change connection type, go to Manage Connections, Mobile Network Options and select 1XEV instead of Global. But maybe it would be better to just have Verizon activate your SIM card.
    01-14-09 02:02 AM
    I also ran into the SIM card rejected issue because of lack of service (train was coming out of the tunnel) and then had issues when trying to turn it off and back on to get rid of the message. Didn't have the freeze, though, when changing connection, nor the media card issue. Just the Verizon screen, and after trying to turn it off via button in home menu.

By the way, to change connection type, go to Manage Connections, Mobile Network Options and select 1XEV instead of Global. But maybe it would be better to just have Verizon activate your SIM card.
    which one is better to have on 1XEV setting or Global? Also, when I am not in 1XEV (3G Network) will I be able to get whatever service they have, probably 1X?
    01-14-09 02:04 AM
    In the US, you'll only get Verizon CDMA service (1XEV or 1X), so Global has no real use and therefore you don't really need the SIM card. But since you have it and it will be of use if you travel, there's no pain in activating it, I believe (I haven't done it myself yet, though). And that should eliminate the SIM card rejection.
    01-14-09 02:08 AM
    I am not sure if this is a .86 problem or because I am in China right now, but this os does not work well at all for me. I am not able to send or receive calls (yesterday with .85 I did not have any problems). I am on my 5th battery pull, as I get a white screen with 'app error' and have no choice but to pull the battery.

Also, since Ive been in China, email has completely stopped working. SMS messages are about an hour delayed from receiving, and BB messenger shows me as 'unavailable' (this was with .85 which was always reliable for me before).

Phone settings are set to global... going back to .75 to see if this will work. Loved .85 in the US.
    01-14-09 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD