I actually love this phone so far, except I like many others i am experiencing the sluggish os. I know that RIM will come out with a fix for the bugs and it will be an awesome device.

Does anyone know when a firmware update might be expected and if it will address the sluggish lag issue.

Also if you use auto on/off. When it turns back on, the device never turns back on the wireless. I have read that this is bug, however I hope it is going to be address as well.
    11-27-08 08:52 PM
    Did you delete VZNav/Visual Voicemail and the other programs that you won't use? It definitely speeds it up quite a bit.
    11-27-08 08:56 PM
    Unfortunately I use both of those programs. If they aren't running it shouldn't mattter anyway. Right?
    11-27-08 09:04 PM
    BoyGenius has an update on this

Can't hyperlink yet so copy and paste.

w.boygeniusreport.com/2008/11/26/story-or-no-story-the-verizon-blackberry-storm-os-has-issues/#more-9943

Add the Ws
    11-27-08 10:27 PM
    I have no problem with auto on/off and having wireless come back on. First thing I get is my emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 10:32 PM
    Wjss, I wish I could copy and paste that link, but I believe that I have just encountered another storm bug. How do you copy n paste
    while in the browser?

I will have to do it on my pc.
    11-28-08 08:37 AM
    Happy to say its a not another bug. When in your browser the 2 finger method doesn't work.

When in your browser simply switch to Cursor Mode. Put the cursor at the front of the text you want to copy. Then click down and drag the cursor to the end of what you want. Then the rest is the same. Just menu Copy. Then menu Paste.

11-28-08 08:48 AM
    Uh oh

Somebody wanna post a link for us?

11-28-08 08:51 AM
    Here is the link. I posted from my pc.

Boy Genius ota firmware update for blackberry storm

P.S. Thanks czm200 for the copy n paste tip. I still wish the 2 finger method worked though.
    11-28-08 09:05 AM
    Has anyone else experienced the sluggishness with this device or do I just have a bad egg?

I am used to my pearl where when I click on something, it opens instantly. My storm just seems a little slow.
    11-28-08 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD