Ok so my buddy has an iphone and he has a lock app that acts as a fingerprint scanner.

Now how this app works is that he locks the phone and then it asks you to hold your thumb on the designated area and when he does the phone unlocks and then he locked it again so that I could try and when I tried to unlock it an alarm sounded lol.

Now I have no idea how this app works or even what its called and when I asked to hold his phone again he didnt let me, so Im kind of hesitant on this app and I wanna ask if anyone knows how this app works ?

Edit: and yes I guess I have to ask could it be done on the storm lol
    12-01-09 12:09 PM
    The scanner locks your iPhone using your fingerprints. Well, that's what your more naive friends will think. It's just a big joke.

Our scanner is made up of a simple interface that asks you to put your finger on the screen. Then the application pretends to analyze a big database before locking or unlocking the phone.

In reality, two invisible buttons are hidden at the top of the screen, to the right to lock and to the left to unlock. You just have to push in the zone to make them think that the analysis is real.

If someone uses the app without pushing in the upper part of the screen the fingerprint is not recognized.

So you can then decide at the start of the scan and so trick your friends by making them think that your iPhone can scan fingerprints too!

App Shopper: Digital fingerprint scanner : Protect your phone (Entertainment)
    12-01-09 12:20 PM
    Lame......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 12:25 PM
    The scanner locks your iPhone using your fingerprints. Well, that's what your more naive friends will think. It's just a big joke.

Our scanner is made up of a simple interface that asks you to put your finger on the screen. Then the application pretends to analyze a big database before locking or unlocking the phone.

In reality, two invisible buttons are hidden at the top of the screen, to the right to lock and to the left to unlock. You just have to push in the zone to make them think that the analysis is real.

If someone uses the app without pushing in the upper part of the screen the fingerprint is not recognized.

So you can then decide at the start of the scan and so trick your friends by making them think that your iPhone can scan fingerprints too!

App Shopper: Digital fingerprint scanner : Protect your phone (Entertainment)
    See I knew somthing was up
    That would be pretty cool if it was real though (I know there out there but not for phones just yet/I have the door lock fingerprint scanner for my office in my house and I must say its amazing I love it!!!)
    Last edited by CB.Mike-D; 12-01-09 at 03:07 PM.
    12-01-09 02:52 PM
    My old Treo 600 had an app that did the same thing....Lame
    12-01-09 03:02 PM
    lame? sure. but if there was one for the storm i would def get it just because my wife is very gullible. lol.
    12-01-09 03:19 PM
    stormgrounds.com/bb/phonelock/phonelock.jad
    01-24-10 12:00 PM
    Correction, this app actually does work, not by fingerprint scanning (thats a bluff) but by the amount of time your finger is touching the screen, you have to preset the amount of scans 1 to 30, only you know amount,so if i set it for 5 scans, then i remove my finger after 5 scans, if i leave it on for any other amount, it comes up access denied.
    10-14-10 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD