usb charging doesn't seem to work....i have lighting bolt...meter berry show high temp, but percentage doesn't go up...
    12-15-09 08:50 AM
    So its been a day. How is everyone finding the battery life. Mine is showing some very discouraging signs. Off the charger at 6 AM, by 7 AM I was down to 85% were normally I would be at 98%.
    Off the charger at 5:45, at 8:00 I'm at 94%
    12-15-09 08:59 AM
    idk if its just my phone or what, but ever since i upgraded my OS to 5.0 (even on my S1) whenever i try to make crackberry one of my bookmarks on the BB browser it shows the HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error. and now its doing it whenever i try to download the YouTube app, but the strange thing is that whenever i type either one (m1.crackberry.com, crackberry.com, m.crackberry.com, youtube.com) into the address bar, it pulls it up no problem.
    12-15-09 09:02 AM
    usb charging doesn't seem to work....i have lighting bolt...meter berry show high temp, but percentage doesn't go up...
    chargin through the USB- > PC is always slow...er
    12-15-09 09:04 AM
    my usb charging is fine.

-calls are connecting faster.
    -browser is a tad bit faster. socialscope, viigo, berryweather doesn't take as long to update.
    -phone boots in about 2.5 minutes now...was like 4-5 before.
    -battery life seems good so far. took off the charger at 5am. it's 10am now. down to 82% after one 5 minute phone call, an email, browsing the web, BBMing, SocialScope and Viigo running, and playing a game for about 10 minutes. usually a phone call will use about 10% of the battery alone.

I'm not having any problems today with this OS. It's perfect.
    12-15-09 09:05 AM
    never mind i reset discharge rate, and all is working now...
    12-15-09 09:05 AM
    I've downloaded the OS but app loader will not see it I deleted vendor xml deleted DM and re installed it and still won't see help! I am in win 7.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    12-15-09 09:09 AM
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    You downloaded the OS but did you install it?
    12-15-09 09:12 AM
    You downloaded the OS but did you install it?
    Yes i did install but the dm will not see it niether app loader i deleted the xml file
    12-15-09 09:13 AM
    Yes i did install but the dm will not see it niether app loader i deleted the xml file
    weird. i would suggest to uninstall the OS and try to download it again or reinstall. sometimes depending on where you get it, it doesn't include all of the files needed.
    12-15-09 09:18 AM
    Grr. I hate when I can't install new OS. My computer hates me. I've done everything I thought I should do. Deleted the old OS, Deleted Vendor, Hooked up the device to run the new OS and?????

I get the 3rd party apps from my 9530...not sure how they popped up, but I would like the new OS.

Can anyone help me? (This is why I'm better at what I do for profession...technology has gotten to difficult for me...lol)
    12-15-09 09:19 AM
    Restart your computer

12-15-09 09:21 AM
    Grr. I hate when I can't install new OS. My computer hates me. I've done everything I thought I should do. Deleted the old OS, Deleted Vendor, Hooked up the device to run the new OS and?????

I get the 3rd party apps from my 9530...not sure how they popped up, but I would like the new OS.

Can anyone help me? (This is why I'm better at what I do for profession...technology has gotten to difficult for me...lol)
    Disconnect from the internet and retry
    12-15-09 09:24 AM
    Disconnect from the internet and retry
    ?

disconnect from the internet? where?
    12-15-09 09:27 AM
    Restart your computer

Done that deleted and reinstalled the os and dm blah I am so
    12-15-09 09:32 AM
    So after playing with the NEW Leak.

I found that you can no longer get the keyboard to come up in the homescreen.
    12-15-09 09:45 AM
    ?

disconnect from the internet? where?
    on your pc and then run apploader....DM checks the net for the latest carrier OS and usually will not update unless you cut off that route...then it will be forced to look at the upgrade sitting on the PC...
    12-15-09 09:53 AM
    Done that deleted and reinstalled the os and dm blah I am so
    Did you check to make sure you uninstalled any other OS...the only one on your PC should be the one you are trying to upgrade to.....

delete all OS, reboot, reinstall the update, reboot, then kick off apploader....
    12-15-09 09:55 AM
    Does anyone know how to change the number of thumbnails per row in the pictures section of media. Mine is set for 4 and I can't seem to find the option to change it.

Also I have noticed that saved pictures in the media folder look much blurrier. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Last edited by Lonman06; 12-15-09 at 10:03 AM.
    12-15-09 09:58 AM
    Does anyone know how to change the number of thumbnails per row in the pictures section of media. Mine is set for 4 and I can't seem to find the option to change it.
    I thought I read somewhere that with the new build that was no longer an option.
    12-15-09 10:03 AM
    on your pc and then run apploader....DM checks the net for the latest carrier OS and usually will not update unless you cut off that route...then it will be forced to look at the upgrade sitting on the PC...
    Im not using DM. I go through Loader.exe
    12-15-09 10:03 AM
    As far as the battEry life is concerned, since getting the phone when it first came out I have never been above a 5 percent discharge rate per hour. Now today I am at 12.5 percent per hour. But this is just off of the initial charge over night, so hopefully after a complete discharge or two I will see an improvement.

As far as the click is concerned, it feels like a brand new phone, in a very good way. The bottom buttons are no longer hard to press in at all, so this improvement in itself makes the update worthwhile for me. Just hoping my battery life gets a lot better!

12-15-09 10:09 AM
    Ok I'm an EDGE user unlocked 9550 on Rogers. This OS has some Edge issues. I'm losing my browser after most every reboot. I have had to resend my service books via computer cause I can't login from my BlackBerry.

the phone shows EDGE at times with no data at all, other times it bounces down to edge. Mobile network options set to GSM and 2 g and APN settings for telus removed.
    I'm on Rogers and was having a similar issue prior to this update. After removing Rogers' APN settings my edge/EDGE issue was better. Service books seemed random - sometimes I needed to resend after a restart (register from Host Routing Table usually did the trick), other times didn't.

Restarted about 5 times since I updated yesterday and haven't had a single issue. All running smooth so far.
    12-15-09 10:09 AM
    okay, so before I make this jump.. can someone clarify that the home-screen icons update? I've got a simple clean theme where I put my weather icon in the top right... It never updates so if this will allow this... i will be ecstatic!
    12-15-09 10:17 AM
    Cant beleive they fixed the bottom button issue! Just to clarify I have not installed, just reading what other people are saying.
    12-15-09 10:20 AM
668 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD