Should be able to load it ok I dont have a unlocked phone so I cant be sure. Hopefuly someone else that has one can confirm that you can load it ok.
    12-16-09 11:09 AM
    Has anybody else experiencing the speaker phone activating for a few seconds and then returning to normal headset while talking in the phone after installing .428
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Oh CRAP...sigh. Yes, I did. I thought it was my imagination...my god daughter must have misdialed me and I answered it and thought it seemed awful loud. It reminded me of the speaker phone thing with the 8330. I had hoped it was my imagination but it sounds like it wasn't.

I really, REALLY hope they didn't introduce this bug back into their handsets. It sucks...especially if you are somewhere quiet and someone calls you from somewhere loud.

This was labeled as the "speaker phone blast" in the 8330 forums.
    12-16-09 11:23 AM
    Has anybody else experiencing the speaker phone activating for a few seconds and then returning to normal headset while talking in the phone after installing .428

mine did this with .320. not all the time but sumtimes. PS as for the log thing, has no one tried Fancy log. I have been using it since i got my S2, its great.
    Last edited by dellagregg; 12-16-09 at 11:40 AM.
    12-16-09 11:33 AM
    Where are the pop up letters you speak of. Just upgraded to .428 and I don't see them. Do you have to activate this in the settings?

EDIT TO ADD: NVRMD I found it in the settings. Thanks.
    12-16-09 11:38 AM
    For those with the bing problem, did you have the bing icon on your home screen? if so did you try it and let it install bing? if you have answered yes to either one or both of those questions, go in to options > applications and delete bing, then hide the icon left on your home screen. Then you should be able to go back and set your defualt search provider under browser configuration to google.
    Are you posting ASKING if this worked to get the other search providers back?

Or are you posting SAYING this fixed it and restored the other search providers for you?
    12-16-09 11:53 AM
    The phone locks itself when I put it into the holster now.
    Also screen rotation takes FOREVER.

I really wanted this one to work. I love the new features but can't put up with the slowness. I run one theme (V4 BW1) and have youmail installed. That's it.

Went back already.
    12-16-09 11:53 AM
    For those with the bing problem, did you have the bing icon on your home screen? if so did you try it and let it install bing? if you have answered yes to either one or both of those questions, go in to options > applications and delete bing, then hide the icon left on your home screen. Then you should be able to go back and set your defualt search provider under browser configuration to google.
    Are you posting ASKING if this worked to get the other search providers back?

Or are you posting SAYING this fixed it and restored the other search providers for you?
    Never mind... I just tried it anyway.. and nope. Didn't fix. Guess I'll just wait for VZW or RIM to fix the service books.
    12-16-09 12:07 PM
    Please check Options -> Password -> Lock Handheld Upon Holstering
    Hmm... I don't have that problem.

I really wanted this one to work. I love the new features but can't put up with the slowness. I run one theme (V4 BW1) and have youmail installed. That's it.

Went back already.
    How did it perform when using the STOCK theme? or without YouMail installed? Just curious if one of those two might have been causing the slow down for you?
    12-16-09 12:09 PM

Went back already.
    That stinks. Might it be your theme? I have the Pro Dave theme running as well as a couple other themes installed plus about 50 apps (including YouMail). My rotation speed is blazing fast.
    12-16-09 12:20 PM
    the leak just bricks my s2 Ive tried it on a few different computer downloaded it from a few different places i get error 507 every time
    12-16-09 12:30 PM
    oops - sorry - I have an unlocked 9550 running .320. Can I use this leak?
    Yes..as long as you have a 9550 - delete the vendor.xml file and flash away!
    12-16-09 12:34 PM
    That stinks. Might it be your theme? I have the Pro Dave theme running as well as a couple other themes installed plus about 50 apps (including YouMail). My rotation speed is blazing fast.
    I agree 100% I am also using the Dave theme as well as MIRO and both work AWESOME. I am like my 5 year old with a new toy this is great, buttons work awesome, FINALLY have my emails in different inboxes (thank you), super fast screen rotation even with a ton of apps OPEN.

I have installed just about every app I would want (which I could never do with my S1) and this puppy is running like a champ. LOVING LIFE with this leak.
    12-16-09 12:44 PM
    Not sure if this is just me but I am having issues sending MMS messages. MMS text is no problem but when trying to send picture messages I hit the send icon in the upper right corner, it highlights and I click it and nothing happens at all. I then tried to hit the BB key and select SEND from the menu and still nothing happens. It does not do this on ALL pics but most of them. I have already reset the ohone twice and no change. Anyone else?

I think I am going to go back to the previous build I sent too many MMS messages this sucks! Otherwise this build is great!
    Last edited by XSFSPD; 12-16-09 at 03:59 PM.
    12-16-09 01:16 PM
    I have installed just about every app I would want (which I could never do with my S1) and this puppy is running like a champ. LOVING LIFE with this leak.
    Big 'ol ditto on that! There are many things I love about this S2 over the S1 but by far the best thing is the gigantic amount of memory. I'm reloading all those fringe apps I would have to delete from my S1 cuz I was running out of mem! I hate to read that other folks are having problems with this install or with the OS after installation.
    12-16-09 01:18 PM
    the leak just bricks my s2 Ive tried it on a few different computer downloaded it from a few different places i get error 507 every time can anyone help.
    12-16-09 01:30 PM
    Suggest this for your 507 problem - http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

Also, some computers do bad when connected to the internet, and trying to upgrade your blackberry; I try to do mine from my laptop.
    12-16-09 03:14 PM
    anyone notice when you try and set your alarm, when you scroll through the numbers the dial goes either way; either forwards or backwards if you swipe it one way.....
    12-16-09 03:16 PM
    Voice dial is much improved with a more human sounding voice. My bluetooth earpiece connection is also much better with better range and no static. That is definitely an improvement I've seen

12-16-09 03:28 PM
    This has been taken out of all OS version above .320. RIM took it out and it's normal.
    Not true. I still have it on my 9520 running 5.0.0.402.
    12-16-09 03:30 PM
    Voice dial is much improved with a more human sounding voice. My bluetooth earpiece connection is also much better with better range and no static. That is definitely an improvement I've seen

Hey your right... The voice dial has changed dramatically. The voice sounds more human for sure.
    12-16-09 03:48 PM
    Can someone post a step by step on how to install this update?
    I have tried a few times but the Desktop software refuses to find the new os - It just pops up the 5.0 update and doesn't find the leaked 5.0.0428 os.

Thanks
    12-16-09 04:03 PM
    Can someone post a step by step on how to install this update?
    I have tried a few times but the Desktop software refuses to find the new os - It just pops up the 5.0 update and doesn't find the leaked 5.0.0428 os.

Thanks
    I 2nd this motion. I can't figure out how to load it. Please.... and thanks in advance.
    12-16-09 04:25 PM
    Why do people always says delete the vendor file? I have done all my leaks on S1 and now on S2, I never had any issue installing or trouble with the OS other than the known bugs. What is the purpose of the vendor file? and how would it effect me if I didn't delete it?

PS. I would really like to know the answer, not trying to be smart about it.. as I know some people tend to read between the line.
    12-16-09 04:34 PM
    I 2nd this motion. I can't figure out how to load it. Please.... and thanks in advance.
    I'm sure its been covered many times, but in a nutshell how I do it from my Vista based laptop:
    1. dl leak
    2. run leak to install files
    3. turn off wifi in laptop
    4. plug in phone
    5. close desktop manager when it pops up from phone plugging in
    6. navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    7. run loader.exe
    8. follow its instructions (note I only have the current leak so it doesnt prompt what version to install, it just picks the new one it sees on my harddrive)

Thats all I do. Never bricked a phone yet... Installed all the leaks for the Storm1 and now the Storm2 one.
    Good luck!
    12-16-09 04:46 PM
    Why do people always says delete the vendor file? I have done all my leaks on S1 and now on S2, I never had any issue installing or trouble with the OS other than the known bugs. What is the purpose of the vendor file? and how would it effect me if I didn't delete it?

PS. I would really like to know the answer, not trying to be smart about it.. as I know some people tend to read between the line.
    I dont think I've ever deleted a vendor.xml file...
    12-16-09 04:51 PM
668 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD