So I downloaded .132 about 3-4 days ago. Everything ran well as soon as it booted up, there was no "bedding in" time. I was happy with the OS but didnt notice too much different from .113 that I was on previously. When I installed I removed some other languages via DM if that makes a difference. But I would boot up with about 36mb free memory(normal for .113 and .75 for me) and it would leak down to around 15-20 in a couple hours and stay there pretty much. The same as when I had .113. UNTILL today when on my app menu I condensed it and put applications in folders so i would only have 16 icons showing. (this means no scrolling needed). When I checked my free memory again it was at 46!! Never ever has it been that high or even close. I was so shocked. it has been at least 8 hours and I am sitting at 39.4mb free. Also my phone is very very quick. I can not move my thumb quick enough to have the blue selection box not follow me. The browser is definitely quicker and overall seems better.

Overall I now like .132 the best by a good about. The camera is the same as .113 which is good and the browser is noticeably faster. My free memory is the highest it has ever been and seems to hold there and recover well. I really dont care about an official release now. The only thing that bugs me is when I am listening to music I cant take a picture while the music is playing. The camera and music both stop. I can use my phone for calls and messaging but not pics or music untill I reset.

Anyway I just thought that was a weird occurrence of consolidating my menu and then my memory jumps. ALSO battery life and signal are great.

APPS: facebook, pandora, aim, CB, quicklaunch, bolt, quick search, buzzme, youtube, quickpull, and yankees (Oh and cozper glow theme, but running zen theme as of now). I did have weatherbug and app world but I read they were big leakers so i deleted to test it out. Dont see a difference really.

Hope this helps some people!
    04-27-09 11:29 PM
    I have heard that if you keep the icons to approximately 12+/- it really helps with speed...and also instead of moving icons to folder but to hide them. I am glad for ya. I know OS usually take a few days to settle. .132 struggles with battery life for me...but I keep my charger handy at all times so I guess no biggie.
    04-27-09 11:39 PM
    Yes I did also hide a few, i forgot to mention that. Sorry to hear about your battery life. Mine has been off the charger for about 3hrs and is at 98% with a sending a couple emails. Also recovered memory from 39 to 41. I was thinking about using the condensed .132 to get better speed but it seems like I dont need to.

olta, hope you find an OS that fits your phone as well as .132 fits mine
    04-27-09 11:50 PM
    You know what I noticed with memory? It's also kind of interesting...
    So, I boot at 49mb...it drops say to 48.2, then it drops again to 47.8 while just sitting...so then I play with the phone, the memory comes back up to 48.5, right...so then if I set it down again it starts dropping again but not from 48.5...it drops below 47.8 (from the lowest reading)....do you get this example? and it just keeps going like that....
    04-28-09 12:01 AM
    Hmm I think I do. I have had times when at boot up it leaks a bit just sitting there with no use. after I am done browsing or texting etc, I will check again and it actually recovered some AFTER usage.
    04-28-09 07:19 PM
    Never got more than 38mb at boot. Tried folders, hiding, combination. Using meterberry, I see it usually hover at 20-25mb. Using .132, any ideas?

Apps: facebook, google maps, weatherbug, meterberry.
    Theme: Crystal clear, or precison Zen when battery starts dying.
    04-28-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD