Every time I try to locate a phone number using the "Find" function, my Verizon Storm wants to add a new contact. I can manually scroll through the list and find the person I am looking for, but not with "Find'. This isn't so bad when trying to find a last name beginning with A or B, but it gets kind of tedious when you start getting to the M's.

I remember this working when I first got the phone. I recently began synchronizing with Outlook, but don't remember the problem begining at that point. I obviously have something mis-configured but have not been able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.
    03-25-09 10:41 AM
    Bump. Anyone?
    03-25-09 09:13 PM
    As you are typing you are not hitting enter by any chance are you? The phone should narrow the contacts as you type more and more letters. If you misspell the name by one letter and hit enter it will try to create a new contact.
    03-25-09 09:36 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull. Sometimes things shake themselves out after a pull.
    03-25-09 09:46 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I somhow managed to switch to a different default mailbox in my e-mail settings. Once this was fixed, everything seems to be working as it should.
    03-26-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD