Hi, there was a great feature of my trusty old moto q that i recently retired, where i would type a phone number, and it would list contacts that matched that number. what was awesome was that it would do a matching type thing where if i have Annoying Client stored as 212-953-1120 and i typed 212, it would start showing all contacts with area code 212 and then when i typed a 9 it woul show all contacts with 212-9 and then 212-953 it would show all of them with the same exchange/area code. this was great for one big reason, if a annoying client/bill collector/telemarkter was in the phone as 212-953-1120 but they also own 212-953-1121, 1122, 1129, etc i can still figure out the call was from them by typing it in.

does this make sense?

PS.

people are saying "make sure you close all your open apps" , my question is HOW?! i cant find a task manager. how do i see what apps i have "hidden"??? do i just have to rememebr? if so that sucks! but i doubt thats the case...
    11-25-08 12:56 AM
    For the apps question hit the BB menu key on the bottom of your phone & hit CLOSE.

As for the other question, there is not yet functionality in the Storm that does what you want YET.
    11-25-08 01:35 AM
    For the apps question hit the BB menu key on the bottom of your phone & hit CLOSE.

As for the other question, there is not yet functionality in the Storm that does what you want YET.

that would be how to close the app you are in, but what if you have 5 apps hidden and you dont know what they are?
    11-25-08 01:37 AM
    bb button then switch applications
    11-25-08 01:41 AM
    that would be how to close the app you are in, but what if you have 5 apps hidden and you dont know what they are?
    Like Crack said, just hold the BB Menu key down and a list of open apps will appear. There are five or so that will always be open, they are being pushed info and have to be. Phone, Browser, Home Screen, BBM and Messages. You can close these but they will show back up. Just close out the others.
    11-25-08 01:43 AM
    also if you hit the bb button like 3 times semi fast it brings up app switcher however this doesn't work in all applications...
    11-25-08 01:44 AM
    any hope to be able to do the lookup based on number down the road? or do no BB's have this? i really loved this feature.

also, i would like to use the dial pad to spell a name, is that possible? on the q you dial the number, it shows the number, but also shows names that match that based on spelling.
    11-26-08 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD