My first question is, when will I get over the need to constantly check my memory? I've had the S2 for about two weeks now and I'm still checking it's memory level every time I turn around. It hovers in the mid 90's, but I'm still paranoid about checking it.

Second, I've installed Quick Launch, and love it, but what are some other "must have" apps and maybe a really good theme?

Last, I was thinking about Vlingo Plus, but I can't find it in the CB app store. Is it only available via the BB app world?
    05-13-10 02:22 PM
    No you should have plenty of app memory unless you install everything in the app world. I like meterberry just for the % drain and the ability to log and monitor pretty much the vitals on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 02:33 PM
    1. You shouodnt worry about the memory, that's the least you should worry about. I understand coming from S1.

2. Here's a OTA for the them I've been using. Really neat and its free... http://rockee.endlessobsessions.com/...day_WB_5_0.jad

05-13-10 02:49 PM
    I still check sometimes out of habit with meterberry but like someone above me said, meterberry is still good for checking %, battery temps, battery life etc. It's a Storm1 memory OCD thing that only Storm1 users can say they experienced. You should try out one of the Blackberry 6 themes. I am running the WJD 6 theme and it's great. Elle is still good as ever also. For apps, you can now get whatever you want basically and not really worry about it. Drive Safe.ly is a recent download of mine and I like that one
    05-13-10 03:01 PM
    No more need to worry about the memory. After awhile you'll forget about checking, so just enjoy the phone!
    05-13-10 03:16 PM
    Welcome to the S2!

I agree with the others about checking the memory. I got rid of my Storm 1 mainly because of the memory problems. It got to the point where I was checking it every hour or so. When I got my S2, the habit (& concern) was so strong that I kept doing the same for about the first month. Now I occasionally (maybe once or twice a month) check it just out of curiosity & it never varies more than 1-2 megs. Don't worry about it & enjoy.
    05-13-10 05:22 PM
    Some good free apps are quickpull, battery watch, viigo. themes you can't go wrong with anything by Natemz (check for his themes in the theme forum)

05-13-10 11:14 PM
    Coming from a Curve I am also anal about my memory (5.0 was a huge drain when I loaded on the 8330). I still use meterberry for checking battery drain, but I've also found a couple third party apes and themes that leaked memory and meterberry was very helpful in isolating them for quick deletion.

05-14-10 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD