Ok to start this out I want to make a few points very clear. In the past 10 years I have been working in the IT field and have had my hands on MANY devices from windows mobile to blackberrys to regular every day phones. I have little to no bias about who makes the product as long as the product works for what we need it to do and satisfies the person using it.

point: Apple, Rim, LG, Microsoft, whatever who makes it I don't care as long as it WORKS.

Another point I want to state is that If you a person who DOES NOT LIKE touchscreens for example if you picked up the iPHONE and cant stand the touch screen this is NOT a phone for you. If you have been itching to get your hands on a touch screen device but passed on things like the iPHONE because it wasn't business oriented or it wasn't on your provider. THIS MORE THEN LIKELY IS DEFINITELY the phone for you.

I am not going to get into huge details about tons of things untill I get more time with the device to verify all my claims I only had about 30 minutes using the storm.

The lady in the Verizon kiosk saw me walking up and practically threw the phone at me. She new what I was there for and she new that's what I wanted.

so now that thats all out of the way ONTO THE FUN.

I grabbed the phone and the very first thing was bring the menu up to check out the claims about how slow navigating the menu was. It wasn't as zippy as flipping the icon screens on the iPhone but it definetly was not slow to the point that I believe it would become annoying. I was able to move around the menu pretty quickly and select what I want decently fast. Once again if the speed of the menu ends up bothering you I wouldn't be suprised if a update speeds it up a tad but its no slower then a ton of phones I have been in contact with. As far as applications opening they opened pretty quickly and once in the application it didn't seem very slow and seemed to react pretty well.

Size: The pictures and side by side comparisons do no justice to the actual size of this device it is smaller then you would even think. Its like a super computer rapped up into a nice neat little package that you can drop in your pants pocket.

Screen: If you haven't seen something like the bold or have been using a iPhone for a long time this screen is going to blow you away. Its sharp, Very easy to read, video looks awesome on it this will be far from one of your complaints to pretty much anyone picking it up IMO.

Surepress: Yes yes I know you guys all want to know how it actually feels with all the mixed views on it from so many people. The truth is I have been using a iPhone for over a year now and when I picked it up and started pressing the screen to activate things and touching things to highlight them. I personally did not feel that it would be bothersome at all. It seemed completely easy to press on all edges of the screen didn't feel annoying in the least but this isn't to say that the edges don't get worse after hours and hours of use I have no clue.

To make it clear and simple if you have no problem typing on a qwerty keyboard the press of this thing doesn't take more pressure then a regular key its light and easy to press unless your a baby and have absolutely no finger strength =).

As far as lag in typing with pushing in the screen I didn't notice any after typing out multiple paragraphs and things seemed to be pretty snappy.

Gestures:
    I will agree with some people by saying the gestures aren't quite as solid right now as those of the iPhone swiping around bringing up the keyboard and menu worked nicely however there was a few instances that the software didn't respond to my gestures but this wasn't a hardware thing for sure sense most the time it worked just fine.

Unfortunatly the data network was not active on the device (she said it wouldn't be untill tomorrow) so for web browsing I have no info for you.

Now onto the famous "GAP" above the keys on the bottom of the phone. There is a gap there but its not big like people claim I think the reason it stands out so much is simply because the edge of the screen is lighting up and making light come through it. It really is no differen't than that of the gaps in most qwerty keyboards on many devices. I honestly don't think this is going to be an issue. if they would have blocked the light you may have never noticed it to be honest.

Camera: the camera seemed a bit on the slow side right now but I believe this is software based as well. However the pictures are really really good compared to most the phones I have seen.

If you have questions that I didn't answer that you want to know ask but I don't want to state anything as official for me until I give the device a full work through.

DON'T ask me about the software version. I didn't look I didn't care I wanted my review to be based on the device they put in my hands after all this is the one she threw into my face and other customers. (most people wont care about the firmware on it)

I will give my full impressions after a week of use. These statements are based on 30 minutes of use.

I used the iPhone in comparison in this review many times simply on the fact that there is no other phone on the market that is this closely compared. Verizon finally got there touch screen phone.
    11-20-08 06:37 PM
    Awesome review!

Thanks!
    11-20-08 06:43 PM
    np - TBH im thrilled that I think we finally have a device that we can give to all the people who ask us for a iPhone. When a company spends so much money implementing a solution that works it can cost some money and time to just throw iPhones on there. Its often not that we are against the product. Most the time we are concerned about security and implementing on the network/cost and making it fully compatible with everything used so for all you that nag your IT guys about getting something that they don't support IT may be because it costs or is not secure enough or whatever depending on the company the cost of the device itself can be pocket change compared to getting it running on the network.
    11-20-08 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD