I finally got a perfect-working Storm. Here's the history, if anyone cares:

1st Storm
    Purchased from Best Buy
    Old 19502 - Canada 1

Bad Click screen, dirt under screen.

Replaced through Best Buy
    Old 19502 - Mexico 5
    Screen was fine, but two dead pixels on screen.
    Best Buy manager could not see them, acted like I caused the bad click screen on the first one, and would not replace it again. Called Verizon, 5 minutes, replacement on its way. Complaint headed to Best Buy in the morning.

Current Storm
    New model (forgot #) - Mexico 5
    Great screen, no dead pixels.

I will say that I do not notice any difference between either model concerning the actual screen moving in its place. It slides just as much (which isn't a lot) but overall I'm completely happy.

I hope that all of you eventually land a good model you're happy with, and enjoy your Storms.
    12-11-08 01:23 PM
    where do you find these model numbers? underneath the battery?
    12-11-08 01:33 PM
    Once I did the torx fix on my storm I have been wicked happy neve had an issue with the edges just thefact that the click was so deep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 01:36 PM
    model #'s supposedly don't matter I have 19502(mexico), in pocket for last 7 days, no dust under screen no dead pixels. Screen click is only thing I cant confirm, need to play with one that has the problem.

Mine clicks not as good in the corners then in the middle. But I don't know if that's considered the "click problem". Mine definitely can click in the corners just not as perfect as the middle

anyone know
    12-11-08 01:36 PM
    question. i have a lose screen also. i believe that it is supposed to move but not as much as mine. if i shake my phone i can hear the screen moving. After much thought, i recently asked for a replacement and it is on the way. Also, the gap on the volume key side is huge compared to the gap on the opposite side.

what is your gap/ screen problem? is it similar?
    12-11-08 01:39 PM
    I have the Canada model and havnt noticed any dust under the screen, or the loose screen issue. Im hoping im a lucky SOB.
    12-11-08 01:45 PM
    I have a Canada 2**** model and I think it is worse then the one I started out with. I am taking it to Verizon tomorrow and if they tell me I need another replacement- I am just going to trade it in for a new Curve. Oh well, I think the Storm is cool I just don't have the patience for it.
    12-11-08 01:52 PM
    So trading in for a new (old) curve?
    12-11-08 04:13 PM
    My first unit that I bought on release day was a 19502 - Canada 1. The bottom left and right corners in landscape would not click AT ALL. Received my replacement yesterday and it was a 19502 - Mexico 5. Click is 10x better and works great, but it has a dead pixel about 1/4 of an inch fromt he bottom of the screen. I'm thinking about just living with it as I don't want to go through the whole upgrade/restore process after waiting a week for a new one to come
    12-11-08 04:57 PM
    I was in the same boat, my current is from mexico 5 with 2 dead pixels and 3rd is on the way
    12-11-08 05:01 PM
    I'm going to hang onto the current one I have from Mexico because the screen click is so much better that I'm willing to deal with the dead pixel for a while until this whole fiasco blows over in fear that I'll receive another unit that don't click for ****.

I called Verizon today and had them notate my account to the effect that the replacement I received has a dead pixel and I'm going to hold onto it for now but might send it back in the future for a replacement due to a manufactures defect. The rep told me that was completly understandable and just call in whenever I wanted to swap it out and they would be glad to help me since my account is now notated.
    12-11-08 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD