So after ordering on 12/6, I got my Storm today. In the little I've played with it, I love it. Apparently mine was made in September in Canada. The only issue I have is the screen click problem in the bottom right and left of the screen in landscape mode. Folded a business card in half and put it between the battery and cover and the screen click problem is totally gone. I'm torn on leaving it like this or having Verizon send me a replacment. Others say they don't have the issue so either their fingers are numb, or they just really got a good phone because clicking from the top of the screen is totally different than clicking on the bottom when in landscape. Suggestions?
    12-15-08 07:42 PM
    replace it. I wasn't sure if I should replace mine because I thought my screen was fairly good, and only the corners were slightly bad. The replacement made a world of difference and surprisingly the phone fixed other problems that I didn't even notice my old phone had (smaller screen gap, solidly placed buttons, screen and buttons are practically at the same level, buttons only slightly higher).
    12-15-08 07:45 PM
    Yeah I'm not comfortable with leaving paper by the battery which can get hot. Although I'm absolutely shocked at how much of a difference it made with the clicking. I'd just hate to play the replace game with Verizon and get the same issue on a new phone.
    12-15-08 07:52 PM
    Yeah I'm not comfortable with leaving paper by the battery which can get hot. Although I'm absolutely shocked at how much of a difference it made with the clicking. I'd just hate to play the replace game with Verizon and get the same issue on a new phone.
    I understand where you are coming from; thankfully for me it only took one time, but I definitely recommend you keep playing the game until you get a storm with no evident hardware issues, because software can be addressed but hardware can be a burden on you in the future.
    12-15-08 07:58 PM
    I think I will. Question is do I call right away and have them send another, or wait a week or so before requesting it? I just don't want to wait too long and end up getting a refurb. I want NEW.
    12-15-08 08:00 PM
    I'm not really sure what the name of the thread but there is another solution to it than putting cardboard or paper back by the battery. It said something to the effect of loosing screws by the battery. I own a Curve so I'm not sure where you would loosen the screws. It's in here somewhere or maybe can point you in the right direction better than me. GL
    12-15-08 08:03 PM
    I'd probably request a new one, i'd keep playing the return game till your satisfied
    12-15-08 08:05 PM
    Get your replacement as soon as possible. You don't want a refurb and RIM needs these, assuming they get back to them, so they can figure out what to fix.

A statistical sample of several thousand should be enough to get their attention and engineer an update.
    12-15-08 08:11 PM
    To the OP: Why did you get a phone with such an early manufacturing date? I got mine today, and it was made on 12-10-08. It has a PERFECT screen, and came with OS version .75. You sure you are reading the date right? It's in Day/Month/Year format.
    12-15-08 09:11 PM
    Yep I'm sure. Just got off the phone with tech support and they are sending me a replacement via 2 day fed ex. In the meantime, I'll try the screw thing too. Seems simple enough.
    12-15-08 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD