it does look el cheapo, but getting the 2 cords with it does make a pretty good deal, i'm just going to have to wait until I have a use for a second battery before its on my toy list
    01-06-09 12:43 PM
    I use the BB Dock and it works great. Too bad it won't work with the extended battery.
    01-06-09 12:46 PM
    Folks, the one at crackberry charges the phone and spare battery at the same time. It comes with a ac plug in and a usb cord. It is what you want for less than half the price. The only downside is that to charge the phone it has to be plugged into the usb on a computer.
    01-10-09 04:36 PM
    Very nice looking. When it comes to battery chargers I like to stay with OEM stuff. I really like the design of that charger though, very nice.
    01-10-09 04:39 PM
    Nice tip !
    01-10-09 10:26 PM
    I was just checking out some of these on ebay today and the cheapest I saw was around $7. I guess to take a chance buying cheap ones off ebay but what a bargain LOL
    01-10-09 11:16 PM
    I will wait and see if Seidio comes out with one that charges a spare battery as well and fits with there case on.
    Plus one that does not look so fugly hopefully.
    01-10-09 11:52 PM
    Too rich for my blood! I like the fact that it charges a spare battery though.
    01-11-09 12:13 AM
    I will wait and see if Seidio comes out with one that charges a spare battery as well and fits with there case on.
    Plus one that does not look so fugly hopefully.
    Its in development.
    01-11-09 12:25 AM
    Wow, that is awesome. Thanks mate.
    01-11-09 12:35 AM
    *bump*

I know the $60 price was steep how about $25?

KiDiGi - BlackBerry Storm 9500 USB 2nd Battery Cradle
    02-02-09 01:34 PM
    I thought more people might be interested in this charger... since it is now found cheaper
    02-02-09 04:18 PM
    I wouldn't touch any of these that claim "rapid" charging.

Wait for an OEM solution, IMHO.
    02-02-09 04:51 PM
    I thought more people might be interested in this charger... since it is now found cheaper
    Does it charge the phone and the simultaneously battery via 1 USB plug? Do you have it/are you happy w/it?
    02-03-09 10:49 PM
    Does it charge the phone and the simultaneously battery via 1 USB plug? Do you have it/are you happy w/it?
    I ordered the one today from Seidio (I finally cancelled my order here at Crackberry's shop for the OEM, seems BB is running behind).

The Seidio one will charge both the phone and the spare at the same time and I understand it will do so from USB as well. Plus, it's only $29.00 !!
    02-03-09 10:54 PM
    I ordered the one today from Seidio (I finally cancelled my order here at Crackberry's shop for the OEM, seems BB is running behind).

The Seidio one will charge both the phone and the spare at the same time and I understand it will do so from USB as well. Plus, it's only $29.00 !!
    link? I'm at the seidio website and I dont see a dual charging dock.
    02-03-09 11:30 PM

I couldn't find it either. Is it portrait or landscape? I have the BB Storm 'Pod charger' now and I really like the landscape. Of course looks come in second to function but, if I could get it all....
    02-04-09 06:37 AM
    Amzer Desktop Cradle with Extra Battery Charging Slot For Blackberry - BlackBerry Storm 9530 - Fommy.com

I have not ordered, but this looks promising. May no be as pretty as the OEM, but its not bad looking also those who have skins or cases might have better luck with this docking station.

***EDIT***
    found cheaper!
    $25
    KiDiGi - BlackBerry Storm 9500 USB 2nd Battery Cradle
    I would not trust non-oem products. Especially after reading this article
    Man killed by 'exploding mobile phone' - Times Online

Better off purchasing OEM spare battery charger and be safe.
    BlackBerry D-Series Mini External Battery Charger (ASY-18976-002) - MSGDigital
    02-05-09 09:00 AM
    As far as this one goes (KiDiGi - BlackBerry Storm 9500 USB 2nd Battery Cradle), I got the following emails from the seller:
    ME: I was looking at "BlackBerry Storm 9500 USB 2nd Battery Cradle" and had a question. Does it charge both batteries (in the phone and in the cradle) and sync data from the phone all with one cable (USB)?
    SELLER: Dear Mr. Chris

Thanks for your inquiry.

I'd like to let you know with a usb cable it can only charge the phone and sync data at the same time.

with an ac adapter, it can charge the phone and battery simultaneously, it can aslo sync data with a usb cable, three functions at the same time.

If you have any questions, please contact with me.

ME: Ok. That sounds fine but from the pictures I only see one port. Where do the ac and us cables connect when used at the same time?

SELLER: Dear Mr. Chris

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes there is only one usb port at the back of the cradle, sorry for the mistake, because some of the cradle with two ports at the back.

so it can only charges the phone and battery with the ac adapter at the same time, charges the phone and sync date with a usb cable simultaneously.
    Thanks & Regards

Doesn't sound like what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by ckelly33; 02-05-09 at 09:26 AM.
    02-05-09 09:22 AM
    This one USB Battery Charger Cradle For Blackberry Storm 9500 US - eBay (item 280307836241 end time Feb-04-09 20:48:54 PST) sounds no better but I am waiting on clarification from the seller to find out.
    02-05-09 09:24 AM
    Any charging cradles out there that work with Seidio Innocase on the BB?
    02-05-09 09:37 AM
    I'm waiting on Seidio's charger. According to them it will be able to charge a Storm with an Innocase and a spare battery...
    02-05-09 09:52 AM
    I have the $29.99 one that came out at launch. I love it!
    02-05-09 09:54 AM
    I got my Seidio spare battery charger on Friday....no LED light when I plug it in to the wall (and yes, I have the switch set for A/C power). After fiddling with it and checking with other wall outlets, I finally got the gree LED light. I inserted my spare batter and the LED went to red. Thinking all was well, I left the house for two hours. When I returned, I was surprised to see the green LED. I put it in my Storm and after reboot, checked the battery status. 65% !!!!!

I am not impressed. I see the CB store has the OEM one ready to ship, though. Guess I'll go back to it (got tired of the delayed ship dates, so went to Seidio. Bit mistake!)
    02-16-09 12:28 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD