In my time hanging around here and HoFo, I have never heard a single complaint about either BeckyMae or colorware for custom painting. The cost is due to the disassembly and prep, not the paint.

I would get mine painted, but like nflBlitze1 said, much needed warranty.

I kinda regret shelling out for phantomskinz, since I am fairly certain mine will be getting exchanged in the next few months for the buttons falling off.

Maybe the 2nd gen will be dependable enough to shell out the $$s.
    01-08-09 06:38 AM
    I'm actually ordering one this weekend. I want to sit down and put ALOT of thought into how I want it to look.

I don't understand why so many people complain about prices for $7 apps, $60 dock w/charger for spare batteries and etc. To me its like purchasing a luxury car, then complaining about the price of premium gas or how much the tires and maintenance is for it.....
    01-08-09 07:03 AM
    $100 is not a lot of money. Heck I can spend that in one evening take the family out to dinner and a movie. Maybe not quite a $100 but pretty darn close, and that only lasts one night, at least the colorware would last longer.
    01-08-09 09:19 AM
    $100 isnt a lot of money, But with the issues the storm has it may not be long before you need a warranty exchange.
    01-08-09 09:41 AM
    Why paint a $500 device? You must be crazy if you dont think the Storm is already sexy.
    I agree; u must make love to your Storm as do I...................
    01-08-09 09:50 AM
    Its called personalizing, everyone will have them Storm in either a Seidio case, Blackberry case or caseless.... A little color never hurt anyone.
    01-08-09 10:00 AM
    Its called personalizing, everyone will have them Storm in either a Seidio case, Blackberry case or caseless.... A little color never hurt anyone.
    Yeah personalizing for $129+????

No way, buy a Seido case for like $20..there's your color!
    01-08-09 10:15 AM
    Yeah personalizing for $129+????

No way, buy a Seido case for like $20..there's your color!
    Hellz ya... and if you need a replacement you get to keep your case for your next phone.
    01-08-09 10:20 AM
    jcoelho your tag "why can't I get a Jay-Z Blueberry", with Colorware you can.
    01-08-09 10:24 AM
    $129?! They seriously have to be kidding. Are the panels made of titanium?

Personally I think the Storm looks pretty sharp.
    01-08-09 10:33 AM
    SNAP!!! $129.00 bucks to paint it, i had to go thru and check it all out, plus have to be without my storm for 2 - 3 weeks, good thing i have a backup curve LOL tempting, but then i would have to peel off this invisible shield i have a mediocre relationship with lol
    OMG wait a minute!!! You ship it to them and they paint it!!!

I thought it was replacement panels you would install!!!

SCREW THAT!!!
    01-08-09 10:35 AM
    OMG wait a minute!!! You ship it to them and they paint it!!!

I thought it was replacement panels you would install!!!

SCREW THAT!!!
    obviously colorware is not for everyone. It is fairly expensive, like others have said and what i will say is colorware is very respected within its business circle. They are known to do high end work on whatever services they offer, its not like when you send in your storm they will crack it open, spray pain the parts then tape it back together, everything is done correctly and professionally. You pay a premium for it.
    01-08-09 12:32 PM
    Having a stock storm, especially in 6 months will be like driving a red pickup in New Mexico.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 01:02 PM
    Having a stock storm, especially in 6 months will be like driving a red pickup in New Mexico.

Exactly!!!
    01-08-09 01:17 PM

I might have to disagree, seeing that there is only 1 Colorware Storm on the forum so far...
    02-14-09 07:59 AM
    You better love it and hope you never have to do a return because it voids all warranties.........
    02-14-09 08:01 AM
    You better love it and hope you never have to do a return because it voids all warranties.........
    Dont really care about the warranty, Colorware provides their own warranty. My biggest issue is that the phone is still a piece of $hit compared to my Curve. I'm told that the next official OS release will fix everything and will be somethin like .143...
    02-14-09 08:05 AM
    Yea the Colorware lookds nice but with this thing why would you even want to take a chance at voiding the warranty? I checked the TOS and it does void the warranty. Not to mention the prices they charge for those things
    02-14-09 09:55 AM
    Hey Guys, I never really post here but I had to. I was in agreement with everyone about how the storm already looks sexy. Then i went to the site and started playing with colors, especially super here colors, Ironman, silver surfer, transformers, superman, etc..this s*** was sick , really made me think about it..big problem is the time and warranty, but i can now see myself doing it. If i can Buy a 100+ jawbone, invisashield, cradle, seide case, why is everyone complaining about price...this was the cheapiest PDA Verizon had in a long time. if your old enough remember the I730s I payed for 2..over $1200
    02-14-09 11:11 AM
    Also for you jay Z fans think about all those button down shirts you guys bought to wear with jeans, just to like him...kinda of a waste of money as well...LOL,
    02-14-09 11:14 AM
    ^^ White would be badass. It would be renamed "The Blizzard".
    NOPE it would be the STORMTROOPER! HA!
    02-26-09 11:22 AM
    i want mine black and red.. then i would do it again and do it blue
    02-26-09 11:57 AM
    hmmm i wish colorware would paint the buttons too
    02-26-09 12:30 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD