not sure if anyone recommended it yet , dont feel like reading 9 pages , but bestskinsever.com are just as good for a third of the price. ive ordered both and tested both.

figured id share w/ others.
    03-09-09 09:13 AM
    Put my IS on last night. Like many have stated, its time consuming and tedious (if you do it right!) but I love it so far. I ended up taking the pieces of of the buttons (phone, menu, back, end) because they were 4 individual pieces and I didn't like the feel. I really doubt if I can manage to scratch those, even after a night of cocktails.
    No troubles with water under the screen. As Reboaresound said, turning and spraying the pieces should solve any issues.
    No problems with screen/scroll sensitivity at all!
    03-12-09 07:36 AM
    I have a similar product called bodyguardz, and had no problem removing it with just a bit of force. I'm still not happy with my application (they give you 2 in the pack), and I may ask for a 3rd one to try yet again.
    03-12-09 07:46 AM
    not sure if anyone recommended it yet , dont feel like reading 9 pages , but bestskinsever.com are just as good for a third of the price. ive ordered both and tested both.

was wondering about that comparison myself thanks!
    03-24-09 12:29 PM
    I actually purchased my storm on release and threw on the ghost armor a week later. Everything has been working fine for me, but I also didn't use much of the spray liquid and let it dry for 6 hours before I put the battery back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 12:37 PM
    The Zagg I/S is great. It takes a little time and effort to install it however. There is no problem at all with the screen. Keep in mind however the I/S is a little rubbery feeling and your fingers wont slide as easily at first but this will pass once the screen gets some face grease on it. I have the whole body coverage model. The only thing I find is the screen protector has a bit of an Orange peel look to it once dry. No problem removing it at all.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-24-09 at 12:56 PM.
    03-24-09 12:51 PM

I recently had a pretty negative result with BestSkinsEver as compared to GhostArmor. I have had GA on my phone since release day and it's holding up great (except where I dropped the phone and the GA took one for the team protecting the phone). My friend went with BSE, which he asked me to install on his phone. It installed pretty much like the GA, but after drying and curing, the orange peel on the BSE was really significant. It looked bad. And due to the heavy orange peel, we never had a problem telling the phones apart due either.

Last week, he decided to take the BSE off the screen and install GA. He tells me he likes the smooth GA screen a whole lot better. He also thinks the screen is more responsive to touch, but I don't think so, myself. (BTW, he kept BSE on the phone itself since he said he liked the more tactile feel it gave him). Hope this helps.
    03-24-09 01:17 PM
    invisible shield works great! except i kinda got screwed out of 20 bucks when i got my replacement storm had to buy another 20 dollar zagg invisible shield. but 100%worth it!
    03-24-09 11:21 PM
    Pull the battery and leave it out till the screen and phone are completly dry. I love it, and it works well for me.
    03-24-09 11:39 PM
    THis is a great product. just don't fry the device.
    03-26-09 09:21 PM
    I second that james, save the device
    03-26-09 09:52 PM
    I have had the IS on my storm for several months. I am REALLY pleased with it. You must put aside at least an hour to apply the full body shield which is what I did. Keep in mind once the IS is applied to your phone you will not need to replace it. It will outlast your phone! I have dropped my Strom from several feet high and not even a hint of damage.

Additionally, the feel and look of the Strom is greatly imroved with the IS on. So, good luck to those of you who are thinking of purchasing this product. I high recommend it!
    03-26-09 10:14 PM
    I like mine, and have had it pretty much since it was available. i only wish there were a couple more tiny little corner pieces for the chrome surround at the top. That's really the only part that's actually exposed to get scratched or damaged at all.

short version: Get it.
    03-26-09 10:37 PM
    while i had the IS i loved it. i had full body coverage on it and it did just what they claim, i took my keys to it, my friends pocket knife, anything friends could throw at me i attempted to scratch it and nothing happened. the down side is that my case no longer fit on the storm with the IS on there. so after making a rucial decision i decided that since i had spent 25 dollar on a case, i took it off. but as long as you're not planning on putting it in a case afterwards, then you've got nothing to worry about.

*FYI* im just basing this off of the cases that i've bought for my phone. one off ebay and one from the vzw store. there MIGHT be cases that fit around it, but i've yet to find one
    03-26-09 11:34 PM
    I put the full body kit of IS on my Storm, and I haven't had any problems yet. Other than a couple edges started peeling back at the ends where I keep putting the thing into the holster and it keeps rubbing the IS off. I just snipped the loose stuff off with a pair of finger nail clippers and haven't had a problem since...
    03-26-09 11:41 PM
    I had the IS on the touch screen of an iphone, it adds a slight texture to the screen but I didn't notice any diffrence in response to my touching the screen. It was a little tricky putting it on just right, you must be paitiant with putting it on althought, you can pell it up and go again just have to go slow they say you can streach it out some. I used it for almost 6 months and actually tried to scratch it like they show in the videos, it was very resistant to scratches but i did manage to leave a slight mark in it with a house key, nothing close to "normal" abuse. I did remove it when i truned the phone in, work phone and company didnt want to pay the extra for it any more, it left no noticeable marks, sticy, or residue when removed. I am planing on getting the full body cover for my storm.
    03-26-09 11:48 PM
    I have the ghost armor full body for my storm and am very pleased with it. For added protection I threw on a seidio flex armor as well so Im good to go
    03-26-09 11:53 PM
    I have IS on my storm screen and it works great, but I applied mine after I watched my buddy fry his storm touchscreen. You have to be very careful with the solution not to let it go down into the gaps around the screen. You should probably power down the phone and pull the battery also just in case. I just kept some cloth laying right on the edge of the screen while using the squeegie to apply the IS. These are my observations.
    03-30-09 03:02 PM
    *I applied the IS to my storm by spraying the IS itself with the solution provided and not the phone. (be careful not to use too much)

*I then carefully lined it up and worked it down from the center out.(this is important because once it's down it's a bear to move)

*The screen is very sensitive still and seems to run 10 times better than the factory "film" that was provided. I never tried using it naked but I can type like a beast on it now. (also using bb crackman's 114v1)

*I never attempted to remove it so, sorry, can't help out there.
    03-30-09 03:19 PM
    I just installed my invisible shield. I'm pretty disappointed that the corner aren't protected...
    04-15-09 06:18 PM
    have it, love it, will put it on all phones in the future. works great on storm
    04-15-09 06:33 PM
    No one cares that corners will get scratched?
    04-15-09 06:46 PM
    I see that there are 4 common types of screen protectors that people seem to like on their Storm:

Seidio for $7.95:
    Ultimate Screen Guard

Best Skins Ever for $7.99:
    RIM Blackberry Storm 9500, 9530

Zagg Invisible Shield for $14.95 (screen only):
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Storm 9500/9530 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Ghost Armor for $14.99:
    BlackBerry - Blackberry Storm - Ghost Armor | cases, screen-protectors, shields, skins, covers, armor

After reading this thread for the past 45 minutes I am going to buy one, but does anyone have a coupon for any of those websites?
    05-08-09 03:40 PM
    I love my IS on my storm...had it for about a month now...full body protection...I even talked my dad into gettin one fore his dare...lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 04:23 PM
    Update Update
    I Talked W/invisible Shield And They Know There Is A Problem. They Are Having Staff Call People Who Have Purchased The Shield To See If They Are Having Problems. This Problem Is Wide Spread And Talked About On Multible Forums. I Suggested When They Come Up With A Fix They Should Send A Replacement Out To Everyone Who Ordered One Without Making Anyone Jump Through Hoops. I Also Stressed That Some Units Are Not Fixed Even After Taking The Shield Off And With The Shortage Of Phones They Need To Take Some Form Of Action Now.
    I wonder if you had as much trouble typing this as I did reading it.

Stop And Start And Stop And Start And Stop And Start And Stop And Start
    05-09-09 04:06 AM
176 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD