I got an IS, but I'm not sure I could go 24 hours or what without touching my Storm ! Been loving my plain-Jane VZN stock shield.

Doctor Neutron
    01-10-09 10:22 PM
    50% off coupon code for Zagg.com = SHOWSP09

I ordered mine the other day and used this code. I figured it would be worth the try for the reduced price.
    01-10-09 10:59 PM
    First off, I wanted to say what a great help this forum has been for me. Thanks!

I purchased the Invisible Shield for the screen portion only of my Blackberry Storm after reading various opinions on it, because I wanted protection for the screen despite it being supposedly scratchproof. If there’s someone that is going to scratch something, it’s me – I scratched my nice scratchproof watch within about a month of purchasing it and I don’t even know how I did it. Anyway, this was a first time Invisible Shield for me. I put it on the evening that I bought it without having taken off the original plastic film protector on the screen that came with the Storm (until I went to do the Invisible Shield). The instructions were straight forward and I followed them but found that I could not slide the IS on the screen when I first went to put it on, so I had to lift it back up and got it dead on the second try. Major bubbles came out easily, but there was one small one that would not come out with the squeegee or any other hard plastic and it still remained twelve hours later. After 36 hours it is almost completely gone and is a very, very minor detraction and from what I’ve seen, I think IS is a worthy addition to the Storm. It’s crystal clear and I detect no interference at all with any of the touchscreen activities (although I never used the screen without anything on it). I don’t think I’ll get one for the rest of the body as I don’t think I need it moving forward the way I’ll be handling the pone. I also wanted to remark on how easy it is to clean the screen with the IS on it – I only have to give a light wiping with my 3M microfiber cloth to get rid of the finger smudges. It’s the easiest screen to clean out of any that I have or have had – monitors, other lcd screens, phones, digital camera screens, etc.

As for the IS for the body – I’m a little perplexed reading that the corners aren’t covered. Are the corners not the first thing to get roughed up on a blackberry? I know that was the case for my previous BBs when I was in the field a lot. Now if they’ll just come out with some more themes…
    01-13-09 08:41 AM
    I keep finding a trend Regarding Ghost Armor & Invisible Shield:

90% of the people supporting IS or GA have fewer than 5 posts and most of the time the first post is the one where they support the products.

Listen: If you glue anything on your phone, you can bet your a ss Verizon is going to give you a hassle come warrantee replacement time. I don’t care how well the product works keeping scratches off your phone; what good does it do when you have to swap it out for unrelated issues and they tell you “well you voided your warrantee because you glued a bunch of plastic all over your phone”. The first thing that is going to fail on this phone is the touch screen. What do you think they will tell you when they see you have glued on a film on your screen?

No thank you.
    01-13-09 09:14 AM

90% of the people supporting IS or GA have fewer than 5 posts and most of the time the first post is the one where they support the products.

Listen: If you glue anything on your phone, you can bet your a ss Verizon is going to give you a hassle come warrantee replacement time. I don�t care how well the product works keeping scratches off your phone; what good does it do when you have to swap it out for unrelated issues and they tell you �well you voided your warrantee because you glued a bunch of plastic all over your phone�. The first thing that is going to fail on this phone is the touch screen. What do you think they will tell you when they see you have glued on a film on your screen?

No thank you.
    Lmao. I had a problem with my phone and took the IS off, put it on piece of paper, shipped it back to IS and got a free replacement!
    There was no residual residue on the phone and Verizon had no idea. The phone COMES with a screen protector and even supplies you with others. Why would it matter where the product comes from?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 09:23 AM
    I tried IS with my iPod Touch. I am just not coordinated enough to apply these thin films. I've resorted to a holster. Not sexy, but it gets the job done. There are times when I needed to keep the phone in my pocket so sadly, I used a ziplock bag to surround the phone and then slipped it in that way. (Needless to say, I took no calls/emails that night!)
    01-13-09 09:25 AM

Listen: If you glue anything on your phone, you can bet your a ss Verizon is going to give you a hassle come warrantee replacement time. I don�t care how well the product works keeping scratches off your phone; what good does it do when you have to swap it out for unrelated issues and they tell you �well you voided your warrantee because you glued a bunch of plastic all over your phone�. The first thing that is going to fail on this phone is the touch screen. What do you think they will tell you when they see you have glued on a film on your screen?

No thank you.
    That made me laugh you have 15 posts as well you are apart of the "5 post" people as am I but I'm not going to come here and post something that I have no clue about. I've used IS on all of my previous phones its amazing and works well I have taken it off and gotten it replaced many times on different phones the IS isn't "glued on" at all it just sticks there and its really easy to pull off and it doesn't leave any residue at all.

I just ordered my full IS body and screen overage using the 50% off code I should have it next week and I'm going to put it on my storm no questions asked however I will use the paper trick thanks to this form.
    01-14-09 02:09 PM
    oops......
    01-14-09 03:11 PM
    I am on my second Storm because of the IS. I bought it at BestBuy the day the phone was released and figured I should put some kind of protection on the screen. Well, I followed the instructions, didn't want to use too much of the solution and waited until it dried. The right half of the screen was unresponsive. I took it back the next day and they had 1 storm left from a pre-order that hadn't picked it up. They replaced the phone and I returned the screen protector.
    I was very careful not to get any of the liquid into the phone itself on the sides, but it killed the phone. I just ordered a Clarivue because I've used that brand on other phones. Its not a "glue" type, so I'm hoping for better results with that.
    01-14-09 03:17 PM
    Its a POS!! I installed the full body in about an hour. After 3 weeks the POS pealed off like a candy wrapper. Don't waste your money. Did I mention the it is a POS?
    01-14-09 03:22 PM
    I got a ghost armor full body kit. the screen works perfectly fine with it on. i had a few install mistakes but otherwise it looks great.
    01-14-09 03:27 PM

No thank you.
    I humbly apologize for using my first post to give a detailed experience with Invisible Shield on a BlackBerry Storm in response to a forum question on users� experiences with Invisible Shield on the BlackBerry Storm. I was wrong and I admit it. I will post at least three more useless posts to forums (such as this one) before detailing my experiences again.
    01-14-09 03:47 PM
    I purchased the InvisiShield before my Storm arrived in the mail. I was also concerned about the water under the screen issue. I first installed the IS on the battery cover. Simple worked like a charm. So I ventured onto the side and bevels. I then put it on the screen. I applied the spray to the IS and NOT onto the phone. Then I applied the IS to the screen and turned the phone with the screen upside down. I then squeezed (is that a word!!) the IS bubbles and excess water. I then positioned the IS on the screen and left the phone upside down with the battery out over night.

Next morning, battery in and powered up. No problems what so ever!. I use the Siedio Holster Clip. Love the magnet sleeper function. It fits in the clip with the InvisiShield great. I believe the IS protects from scratch potential when inserting into the clip.

I would recommend the IS. It is a hassle to install, but I believe the added benefit of non slip feel in your hand is well worth the installation hassle. I also us the cradle at night to charge the storm. It fits in the cradle with the IS installed, but it is tight.....
    Greg
    01-14-09 04:35 PM
    Hmmm @ Thalinor...didn't know you had to have a certain number of posts to give your opinion or post your experience with a screen protector...

Anyway, I too have used the IS on several devices prior to my Storm with great success. I have been happy with their products since I began using them a few months back.

I applied my IS to my screen (only), let it dry overnight with the battery out, and haven't had a problem with it yet. I think they are way more durable that the protectors that Verizon sells. I have never heard of adding a screen protector to a device voiding any warranties.

Anyway, that's my post - and experience - be it one with fewer posts than required by Thalinor.
    01-14-09 05:36 PM
    Got my invisible shield for my ipod touch and for my storm. I like this product, took a little while to install but looks sooooooo much nicer than having a bulky case on what i would consider an already bulky device. I love it!!! make sure you wait for you BB to dry befor putting the battery back in after installing. I also wedged some paper on the sides of the screen to absorb the water as i pressed out the water from under the IS. Would recommend it to anyone!
    01-18-09 05:38 AM
    I loved the IS, but unfortunately dust particles loved the edges of the side pieces and it didn't fit in my charging pod =(
    01-18-09 01:00 PM
    Yesterday I went to Best Buy to get the IS. Since I'm one of the more uncoordinated people I know, I chose to pay the extra $10 to have the Best Buy employee do it for me.

She proceeded to soak my phone with the spray, while it was still on. I expressed some concern about that and she gave it to me to turn the phone off and remove the battery. After the phone was soaked, she placed the screen protector on the screen and squeegeed all of the excess liquid out, and into the side crack behind the glass lens.

I pointed out all of the liquid behind the glass lens. She insisted that it was fine and that it will evaporate. That evening my Storm was acting pretty quirky, so I removed the battery and didn't use it again until this morning.

The good news is that the phone seems to be functioning correctly. The bad news is that there are still liquid markings behind the glass. I don't know if these are permanent stains or something that will continue to evaporate.

Needless to say, I'm a little peeved.
    01-22-09 04:42 PM
    Invisible shield all the way!!! I installed it from day one and love it. I like the way it feels on the storm and it doesn't interfere with typing one bit neither does it affect the image quality IMO anyway.
    01-22-09 04:48 PM
    I have full body IS coverage and love it!
    01-22-09 05:09 PM
    Yesterday I went to Best Buy to get the IS. Since I'm one of the more uncoordinated people I know, I chose to pay the extra $10 to have the Best Buy employee do it for me.

She proceeded to soak my phone with the spray, while it was still on. I expressed some concern about that and she gave it to me to turn the phone off and remove the battery. After the phone was soaked, she placed the screen protector on the screen and squeegeed all of the excess liquid out, and into the side crack behind the glass lens.

I pointed out all of the liquid behind the glass lens. She insisted that it was fine and that it will evaporate. That evening my Storm was acting pretty quirky, so I removed the battery and didn't use it again until this morning.

The good news is that the phone seems to be functioning correctly. The bad news is that there are still liquid markings behind the glass. I don't know if these are permanent stains or something that will continue to evaporate.

I strongly advise you take it back to Best Buy and ask them to give you another one. That was VERY bad installation and it will most likely lead to some form of damage.
    01-22-09 05:36 PM
    I installed the Best SKins Ever shield which is basically the same as IS.

Installation was a mother and although I was very careful, I still got some dust particles under it. W/e, maybe that was on me.

After drying, it looks very nice although there is the orange peel effect issue. Overall, glad I bought it. (Even happier cuz it cost less than 10!)
    01-22-09 05:39 PM
    I installed my Zagg IS last night and it worked perfectly for me. i went a little over board though trying to make sure there was no fingerprints or dust. i just cleaned the screen with a streakless window cleaner with a lint-free cloth first(of course i sprayed rag )i also wore nitrle gloves to make sure there were no accidental fingerprints during the install and just followed the directions on the box after that. just take care to gently soak up the extra liquid during the install.
    01-22-09 06:53 PM
    I have installed the IS whole body on my storm but screwed up the screen part and had to remove it because I wiped it with a cloth and got lint under it and couldn't stand it. I really wish I hadn't because the IS on the body shows virtually no smudges or finger prints. Plan on replace the screen portion shortly.
    01-22-09 06:57 PM

I've installed IS twice since I had to have replacements but that's another story all together The instructions specifically say that you should spray the solution on the IS not on the device. I don't have them anymore but I think they went as far as to warn that it could possibly damage your device and they were not responsible for it if you sprayed it on the device. Just my .02 worth.
    01-22-09 07:16 PM
    I've installed IS twice since I had to have replacements but that's another story all together The instructions specifically say that you should spray the solution on the IS not on the device. I don't have them anymore but I think they went as far as to warn that it could possibly damage your device and they were not responsible for it if you sprayed it on the device. Just my .02 worth.
    yeah... I'm actually installing IS on my wife's Voyager as we speak. I installed it on my storm first and her and my dad ended up buying it for their phones. The package (that's right in front of me) says "We recommend waiting 24 hours after installing the invisibleSHIELD to turn on your device back on...since installation solution is used during the installation process, this allows the electronic device enough time to dry properly"

I absolutely love IS on my Storm. I like the fact that cases protect my devices, but I hate their bulk. IS is the perfect solution since it covers 99% of my device and offers superior scratch protection. I'm even considering it for my laptop and iPod.
    01-22-09 07:54 PM
176 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD