I know that BB's use java and that there is not a file structure per say, but was wondering if anyone could extract the cod file for the one theme that's on the Storm?

the cod files for the themes are actually an archive of XML files plus the pictures used in the themes.

I wonder if there is a way we can manually write a theme... without plazmic? by comparing the calendar entry part of a theme for bold etc and manually write it into the xml files and reassemble the cod??

I am getting at my wits end waiting for plazmic... so I want to do something about it now.

I just dont know how to get hold of the one theme that's already on the storm.
    02-10-09 07:38 PM
    you should be able to pull the file from...

C:\Program Files\Common Files\research in motion\

then I think loader files.

I am not infront of my computer right now. I will get the full path when I get home.
    02-10-09 09:58 PM
    you should be able to pull the file from...

C:\Program Files\Common Files\research in motion\

then I think loader files.

I am not infront of my computer right now. I will get the full path when I get home.
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files\[Your OS Version]\Java
    02-10-09 10:09 PM
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\research in motion\Shared\Loader Files\[Your OS Version]\Java
    Oddly enough the only OS version that is in that folder for me, is the 8330 one from my curve. There is no 4.7 one??
    02-10-09 11:15 PM
    That's because you haven't loaded one for the Storm yet....

Also, you cannot decompile the COD file with anything that's available to end users.

And, you can use javaloader to grab files off the device.... but why bother when you can just get it from the loaded OS directory.

BTW, what you propose... won't work.
    02-10-09 11:20 PM
    I wasn't thinking of writing the entire cod file... but I pulled one apart from the curve (renamed to zip and opened the file) There are a bunch of files inside, and some contain xml. Are you sure that we can't just change the xml to add the calendar function to the today screen??

...There has to be something we can do... explore... I am getting frustrated!
    02-10-09 11:45 PM
    This sounds interesting and I love the idea. Honestly think something has to be made in similar fashion as emobile tho. Btw I'm getting irritated with e mobile. Sorry its not bad but requires a lot more work for the storm. Like showing what is being hovered so you know what to click on.

Anyway regardless... I don't know if its possible because its likly even if it could be done the file might need to be signed... Any guesses?
    02-11-09 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD