I know there is a lot out there on memory leaking already but everything i try does not help. I have to reboot my Storm at least twice a day now because the file free memory falls between 0-5mb very fast. I have Memory Eye installed to watch this for me and I have Quick Pull V2 installed to reboot every morning at 6am. Even after I do a battery pull my file free only goes between 22-25mb.

I close out my programs after I am finished using them - not by hitting the end key or the back button but by hitting menu close.

Is there a program that will help find what is causing the leak?
    I've used a lot of different blackberry models and I have never had this issue. And it sucks.

Thanks for the help.
    05-16-09 09:52 AM
    The only way to truly find a memory leak is to start removing your 3rd party apps, one by one, until you find out which one was causing the leak.

Themes can also cause memory leaks. If you are using a theme other than the one that came with the phone, try going back to the original theme to start with. Use the phone with the original theme for a few days and see what happens.

If that doesn't help, then start removing apps. Remove them one at a time and let it go a couple days in between removing them. Eventually you will remove one, the memory leak will stop, and then you have found the culprit.
    05-16-09 10:02 AM
    What OS are you running on?
    05-16-09 10:02 AM
    Figure out which app(s) leak and get rid of them... Plus why worry, as long as the device runs good who cares. Stop obsessing and enjoy the device..

PotBB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 10:03 AM
    I had this issue till I upgraded to .141. Now I am constantly over 40MB free! Get link in my signature
    05-16-09 10:08 AM
    OP, go to Options > Advanced > Applications

List EVERYTHING on that list
    05-16-09 10:28 AM
    Since u did usual steps 2 optimize app memory, try:

Browser > menu > options > browser configuration > uncheck support javascript, check prompt 2 enable js & set browser id 2 firefox.

+ in general options: check enable js location support.

Set GPS services 2 E911 only via options > advanced options > GPS.

If u have games, set 2 mute.

Do manual battery pulls.

Primarily these help w/speed & battery life. If zero effect on memory, i suggest wipe tho can't provide how 2.
    05-16-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD