Hi all. Day 3 with my storm and I am curious if some people are having some of these issues.

Back light: I have it set to 20. However, it seems when i turn my storm landscape it jumps back to 100 (or sometimes seems even brighter if that's possible) but when i go back to portrait it will re-dim a few seconds later. I thought maybe i was covering a light sensor with my hands, but I am not.

When the battery gets too low for radio: I have now used my storm twice to it shutting off due to lack of battery. When it gets low, I can use the media functions, but no radio functions (voice/data). That is understandable. However, once I plug it in...shouldn't I get these functions back? It still says too low power for radio...but its running on AC?! What is the easiest way to re enable the radio? How long do you generally need to wait before it's good to go again.

The whole not clicking that great on the sides: Mine isn't horrbile but I noticed if I shift the screen away from the edge, i can click it easier. Anybody else notice this?

These last two I had already brought up but still do not have clarification on yet:

Message notifiers: The little ones on the top work perfectly. The stars (and numbers on my email icon) on the icons do not. It started the other day. I would get a message and I would have stars on both SMS and Email (I separate them) and they would not go away unless I did a batt pull (when I had no new msgs). Now it is the opposite. They never show up when I have new messages. Oh, and everything works fine it seems in landscape...wtf?!

Gmail IMAP: Everyone says BB is know for email. So far, I don't see why. I use gmail. I have a macbook pro which I use Apple Mail on and an iPod Touch. Both are set up for imap. On both and online, all inboxes are synced. If i delete one message one place, it does it on the other two. My gmail on my storm is set up correctly that I know of. I only get new emails...nothing of my old saved emails in my inbox (about 30). If i delete via storm, it will update online. If i delete via apple mail/online, it does not update storm. This gets kind of annoying when I am at my computer dealing with new emails and deleting, etc but then I need to go through all the same emails on my storm...ideas?

I do love my phone...I just don't fully understand what it does sometimes. lol
    11-27-08 07:43 PM
    As far as when it says "battery too low for radio use", do a battery pull. It'l be fine once you put it back in.

Battery pull is like the Motrin for Blackberries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 08:19 PM
    Best advice I can give you for the battery problem, is not to let your battery drain cause then it is a pain in the **** to have to wait for it to get enough strength for radio use.
    11-27-08 08:27 PM
    thanks.

anyone else experiencing the same issues as me?
    11-27-08 09:14 PM
    anyone else experiencing the same issues as me?
    Yeah I've had a few of the same...the batt too low for radio even after plugging it in and the upper message notification works but not the lower. I've had a few others issues too. But my main concerns are the (lack of) battery life and the non-responsiveness / lag. But I'm not gonna sweat any of this too much for now. I'm hoping RIM is paying attention to the feedback they're getting from the forums and will address these things with the upcoming updates. Every new product is going to have a few bugs...the iPhone went through the same phase. Give RIM some time, and hopefully they'll address these issue for us
    11-27-08 09:25 PM
    I had the same issue with low battery I completely killed the bat then when charging the phone the radio wouldn't turn back on. So after it got to 10% I went into the connections manager. And turned it back on manually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 10:46 PM
    "Back light: I have it set to 20. However, it seems when i turn my storm landscape it jumps back to 100 (or sometimes seems even brighter if that's possible) but when i go back to portrait it will re-dim a few seconds later. I thought maybe i was covering a light sensor with my hands, but I am not."

I too am experiencing this issue and the brightness change when using this device at night is almost blinding. Wondering if this is normal, and is there any way to keep the back light at the same setting whether in portrait or landscape mode. Any thoughts?
    11-27-08 11:06 PM
    "Back light: I have it set to 20. However, it seems when i turn my storm landscape it jumps back to 100 (or sometimes seems even brighter if that's possible) but when i go back to portrait it will re-dim a few seconds later. I thought maybe i was covering a light sensor with my hands, but I am not."

I too am experiencing this issue and the brightness change when using this device at night is almost blinding. Wondering if this is normal, and is there any way to keep the back light at the same setting whether in portrait or landscape mode. Any thoughts?
    i think its just a bug
    11-27-08 11:46 PM
    yah deff has something to do with the light sensor going crazy .
    11-28-08 12:08 AM
    yah deff has something to do with the light sensor going crazy .
    its even better when you are running on low battery and trying to keep the screen off as much as possible...then you need to send a message...flip to landscape and its like BAM 100%

11-28-08 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD