I searched threw a few topics and FAQ's and couldn't find an answer to some of my questions about the invisible shields / ghost-armor.

I have read many reviews and decided to preorder the full body coverage for my Storm, but I have some questions.

1 - When applying the IS will the liquid used have any chance of screwing up my screen?

2 - Having the IS on will it make my touch less sensitive and more difficult? As in less responsive, also to what extent if any?

Thanks in advance.
    11-07-08 07:55 PM
    I heard the IS makes the phone's texture like that of an orange or snake skin.
    11-07-08 07:58 PM
    1 - no. You are supposed to take battery out of your phone before you put it on though.

2 - can't guarantee it but I asked some I work with who has on iPhone with it on his screen and he said that it did not make any difference to the touch response.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 07:58 PM
    It doesn't affect the screen's sensitivity, but it might make your finger drag a little bit when scrolling.

Buy a Best Skins Ever if you want an IS. Same exact material, but less than half the price.
    11-07-08 07:59 PM
    As for the liquid it is just a small amount you use so that you can line everything up and let it dry. When it is dry the adhesive grabs a hold and will not move or come off unless you pull on it.

As for the surface of it. Think of the black rubbery feel of a new non slip camera or outdoor device that is as close as i can think of how it feels. It does make the devise non slip in your hands and on other surfaces. As for the response it should not hurt the response of a touch screen at all. A friend of mine has it on his Dare and I only got a few min to play with it but did not notice any adverse affects from him having it on his devise. With that said we were in a mall when I looked at it and I could completely see through it but there was distortion it was not enough not to get it. IMHO Also i did not see it outside with the sun on it so not sure about outside use.

Hope that helps

Edit:

I am not trying to start a war here just giving my opinion.....

A friend of mine has the "Best Skins Ever" on his iPhone. And after looking at both of them I might mention that it was not a side by side comparison it was like a week later..... But when i felt my friends iPhone it did not feel the same. The slip part and the texture were slightly different. Enough that I would chose one over the other probably not. As for the money goes the only difference there is the Invisable shield's lifetime warranty verses Half price Best Skins Ever and no warranty. So your choice.
    Last edited by WG; 11-07-08 at 08:21 PM.
    11-07-08 08:11 PM
    I didn't like the IS on the screen. It felt sluggish for me. I used the I.S. on my iPhone, but for the screen, I used a regular screen protector.

11-07-08 08:34 PM
    i think i am going to IS the whole phone until Boxwave comes out with a screen protector & then swap the screen part for the boxwave screen protector.
    11-07-08 08:38 PM
    i think i am going to IS the whole phone until Boxwave comes out with a screen protector & then swap the screen part for the boxwave screen protector.
    I just looked up boxwave and was wondering if you know if that is the same screen protection that Verizon uses?? it look the same....
    11-07-08 08:59 PM
    I just looked up boxwave and was wondering if you know if that is the same screen protection that Verizon uses?? it look the same....
    i don't know...i purchased a boxwave for my Treo a couple years ago & it still looks great! it actually made the screen clearer!
    11-07-08 09:39 PM
    I hope the verizon screen protector is a boxwave....i will buy it along with the phone...the docking station...and the silicone cover thing!
    11-07-08 09:40 PM
    I've heard the same thing about IS being orange peely and ur finger dragging a lil bit cuz of the texture. I've never heard anything bad about GA (Ghost Armor). Although i'm pretty sure both will keep ur phone looking brand new. I personaly will go with GA, don't want an orange peel look. Even if it is a slight one. I want nothing but perfection when it comes to my Storm. So there's my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD