Ok just a few questions guys..

What version OS are you running on your Storm2?

How much power drain does your Strom2 eat? I am running Meterberry and my Storm2 seems to suck almost 4% an hour.. Is that normal?

And last what is the least amount of "Phone Memory" I can have before I will notice my Storm2 start slowing down?

Thanks
    09-09-10 02:16 PM
    4% with what kind of usage?
    09-09-10 02:26 PM
    1. Running .713 official from VZW

2. With barely any use which means every 5 minute update on Twitter and light BBM usage, I'll get about 8-10 hours without needing a charge.

3. I think it's 10MB but before I dumped a lot of apps/games/themes the phone would lag ridiculously at around 70MB ... keeping in mind I don't use any of the shrink-an-os stuff.
    09-09-10 02:29 PM
    Running a .713 based hybrid (Lyricidal)

4% per hour with moderate usage is pretty normal from my experience. I usually get anywhere from 2% to 8% depending on how much I'm using it. Frankly, I feel like .713 is battery hog (specifically while using phone) compared to some of the earlier OS versions, but some of my apps don't run well on older versions, so I'm sticking with .713.

There are a lot of factors which can cause your device to "slow down", available app memory is only one of them. The Storm 2 *should* have plenty of app memory to handle any amount of apps and the OS, compared to say the 9500/30 which frequently had issues with very low memory. More often than not, "slowness" is caused by the processor being overloaded -- and a rapid/significant drop in memory could be in indication that an app is gone "rogue" and hogging resources, thus causing the entire device to lockup/overheat/drain battery/etc. I guess my point is that with this model running this OS, the actual amount of MB you have in your app memory isn't nearly as important as how much memory is leaking from the device during operation (i.e. a change in app mem since startup).
    09-09-10 03:32 PM
    I'm the same as Pete and agree 100% with what he said...

I think it would help some to list all your apps you're using, and what's your memory at now? I've found that it doesn't matter so much what the memory is at, but how much it's dropped since the last start up, as Pete explained.

I use MeterBerry to reset my device in the middle of the night. It's probably not needed everyday, but I think it just helps with any memory leaks that some apps might cause, and it makes me feel better...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 04:31 PM
    I'm running the standard OS .713
    I have followed most of the "energy saving" tips, I have WIFI off unless in use, bluetooth off, Backlight down to 30% etc..

I just wanted to see if there was any other ways of saving some power before just buying a larger battery. Wasnt sure if I was using to much power or not.

Is the standard OS ok or would going to the .713 Hybrid be better? Any pros/cons to running the Hybrid? As you can tell I am not to familar with these other OS systems. Should I upgrade and if yes where can I find this OS?
    09-09-10 05:46 PM
    Running stock .713 myself I go a full day under normal usage. Charge at night abd use my phone as an alarm clock. I run iHeartRadio at work that app drains the battery like nobody's business. usually I tap into my usb on my laptop when using iHeartradio
    09-09-10 05:54 PM
    [/LIST][LIST]
    b4,
    I'm running the standard OS .713
    I have followed most of the "energy saving" tips, I have WIFI off unless in use, bluetooth off, Backlight down to 30% etc..

I just wanted to see if there was any other ways of saving some power before just buying a larger battery. Wasnt sure if I was using to much power or not.

Is the standard OS ok or would going to the .713 Hybrid be better? Any pros/cons to running the Hybrid? As you can tell I am not to familar with these other OS systems. Should I upgrade and if yes where can I find this OS?
    I leave BT and WiFi on, I have BerryWeather set to currant location and updating every 15 minutes, Yahoo messenger set to log in automatically so it's on when my device is running, Twitter logs in automatically and updates every 15 minutes, I browse typically about an hour or two total per day, make calls about an hour per day, and since I got a spare battery I have been leaving my device on at night and swapping them at the end of the day; usually they'll last about 24 hours.
    As far as apps go I can't answer that, I only have 8mb used including 2 themes. Mem change from startup usually averages about 1-2mb which recovers on its own most of the time, and no longer a concern since I use two batteries.
    To answer the question of "Should I do this or that?" I submit the proper question might be "Do I want to?" because everyone's mileage with the Storm2 varies.
    09-09-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD