First let me say Hi to everyone as I'm new to the crackberry forums as well as blackberries in general. I bought my storm on Saturday and cannot decide whether to keep it or not, hopefully you all can answer some of my questions/ address my concerns to help me decide.

1) I cannot access my OWA mail for work. I've tried everything. I've had the BB software try and detect my settings, have entered things manually, have tried everything from POP to IMAP and in between. Our IT department simply says they do not support blackberry exchange (whatever that means). I don't really see how this can be the final answer (how can i log on in 2 minutes via the browser but can't set up an email account). The IT people said that the OWA supports microsoft active sync and is compatible with Nokia's HTC's and Iphones. Any suggestions? I've tried to both forward the emails from OWA to a gmail account (doesn't work) and pull them from a Gmail account (doesn't work). Is there a way around this? (this is my MAJOR issue, if i cant get my email, what's the point?).

2) Every time my BB turns on and off, it automatically establishes my AIM and Gchat connections. I've looked at the settings and on the forums, but can't find any "don't load on startup" options, but there has to be a way. Right?

3) I have a Mac as my computer and the link provided on blackberry.com doesn't work. it crashes or doesn't recognize my BB. I also can't use the disk VZW provided which told me it would allow my mac to at least sync my itunes. I've read there is a service I can pay for, but at this point I'm pretty frustrated that something can be advertised as an "iphone killer" but isn't mac compatible. Really isolating the consumer base.

I realize that this is the first OS iteration and it will inevitably get better, but I'm wondering if its worth waiting around or if I should just find another device.
    11-25-08 03:24 PM
    I believe the AIM launcher has a box you can un-check to keep it from loading the connection on startup. Phone is updating right now, so I can't tell you for sure, but mine doesn't connect on startup.
    11-25-08 03:27 PM
    Thanks, figured out both the google talk and AIM. Now just the Email and the Mac compatibility issues.
    11-25-08 03:29 PM
    1. I have the same problem with my employer. You need to use desktop redirector its a blackberry app that allows you to receive and send emails with your blackberry. The only catch is that you have to have your computer running to receive or send emails
    2. You can change that setting for messenger I just use instango its a all in one messenger app II supports gmail msn yahoo google talk ICQ twetter and another one I think it

So short answer get redirector and instango!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD