I got a Storm for Christmas and so far I love it. However, I'm having a few problems which have me wondering what the heck is going on. First off, sometimes at the top of my home screen it will say "SIM Card Rejected", however I don't notice any difference in performance and all my songs are available to me. Has anyone else experienced this or know what this means?

Another problem I have is rebooting. Some days the phone will go really slow for awhile and performance will be choppy, then it will reboot and everything is fine. Sometimes it does this twice in a day, other times it's perfectly fine for the day.

I recently updated from .75 OS to .85, but the problems I'm having now occurred with the .75 aswell (I was hoping .85 was going to correct this). Any help/information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    01-02-09 09:24 AM
    If you are not traveling to another contry take the sim card out and set your network to 1XVE

options, mobile network, network technology = 1XEV

or you can call VZ customer service and have them register the sim card.

as far as the restarts make sure you are closing apps out by hitting the BB key and clicking on close or exit. Running apps in the background will use memory and battery life, this can be the cause of your slow downs too
    01-02-09 09:48 AM
    I got a Storm for Christmas and so far I love it. However, I'm having a few problems which have me wondering what the heck is going on. First off, sometimes at the top of my home screen it will say "SIM Card Rejected", however I don't notice any difference in performance and all my songs are available to me. Has anyone else experienced this or know what this means?

Another problem I have is rebooting. Some days the phone will go really slow for awhile and performance will be choppy, then it will reboot and everything is fine. Sometimes it does this twice in a day, other times it's perfectly fine for the day.

I recently updated from .75 OS to .85, but the problems I'm having now occurred with the .75 aswell (I was hoping .85 was going to correct this). Any help/information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just a FYI.....the SIM card has nothing to do with your music as music files are stored on the microSD card. mystics7 is right.....have VZW register it or change your network to 1XEV.........
    01-02-09 09:57 AM
    you dont have to call vzw or take out the sim card. Just change your mobile network from global (the default setting) to 1XEV.

Options > mobile network
    01-02-09 10:02 AM
    Sweet, thanks for the information.
    01-02-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD