Hi guys. I recently got a Storm 2 (on Verizon) and haven't owned a berry in years. So I have a couple of questions that are pretty newbish, but after spending a lot of time searching the forums I couldn't find any answers.

Hopefully I can get some help via this post and not get too flamed in the process.

1.) How can I change the default "Sent from my Verizon Blackberry" signature applied to all messages I send?

2.) How do I get my calendar appointments to show up on my home (today?) screen?

3.) How can I get a weather icon with my current conditions on the home/today screen?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.
    08-09-10 09:10 AM
    1) Signature option can be found on your BIS carrier site or Email Settings option on the device.

2) You can get a 3rd party theme with a Today preview (there are many out there) or if you are using the stock VZW theme click the BB button from your application screen and choose Options. You should then see a choice for Layout. Select that and choose Today. That will give you Messages, Phone and Calendar on the homescreen.

3) You need a 3rd party weather app that offer that feature. I use Simple Weather (Paid - it gives you the option to display the weather directly on your homescreen wallpaper image). There are some free ones around that will do what you are looking for (eg Weather Eye or Weather Bug)
    BlackBerry App World - Weather
    08-09-10 09:18 AM
    ^^^^^^^^Excellent!!!

Here is one of the third party themes that will do that for you and still keep the Precision Zen look (use the link on my signature). Screenshot included.

8 Icons with Calendar and Messages Today
    - No weather slot
    - 3 Today events

http://rockee.endlessobsessions.com/...e_8i_Today.jad
    08-09-10 11:26 AM
    ^^^^^^^^Excellent!!!

Here is one of the third party themes that will do that for you and still keep the Precision Zen look (use the link on my signature). Screenshot included.

8 Icons with Calendar and Messages Today
    - No weather slot
    - 3 Today events

http://rockee.endlessobsessions.com/...e_8i_Today.jad

404 on that link, but thanks for the replies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 01:36 PM
    404 on that link, but thanks for the replies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Awww.....you are right. Try to PM the developer if you are keen on getting the theme.
    08-09-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD