Sorry if these are kind of simplistic but I could use a little guidance. I use a non-BB phone on AT&T with unlimited data. I am building a BlackBerry focussed web site and want to be able to test it on a device (can't get anywhere with the simulator) so I'm looking to buy one or two BB units.

I'd like to get a basic BB (8320, 8820) with the smaller display and a Storm, my leaning toward the 8820/8320 is for WiFi so I should be able to use the browser without a SIM card or plan for testing, the Storm seems to be a different story as it has no wifi.

So, to the questions...

If I buy a used, unlocked storm that lists as capable on Verizon and T-Mobile should it also work with my AT&T SIM card?

What classifies as working? All I want to do is browse the web site I am building, would I be able to do so without having a Blackberry specific plan from AT&T?

Are there other questions I should be asking but due to my lack of BB experience I don't know enough to ask? )

Thanks for any help.

Chris.
    03-24-09 08:22 AM
    Welcome to crackberry! Here's a link to what's called the 101 lecture series. It is great for newbies with lots of useful info...hope it helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series
    03-24-09 08:33 AM
    Thanks, I have read many of the faq's and while they are very interesting I couldn't figure out if I need a specific BB plan to be able to use the browser or if I can just insert my card and go.
    03-24-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD