A few questions I have about the app store:

1. Is it still set for Spring? And do we know if it will be sorta like the iTunes app store? That model appears to be working well. Personally, I just want something to make apps more available and a larger array of them.

2. Can anyone make an app?
    01-14-09 11:22 PM
    We do not know much about the plans for the 'app storefront' (this is just it's tentative name) except for what was told at BBDC. We do know that the app center and app storefront will be one entity. They announced that it is has a target march 09 release date. The app center will be controlled by your service provider. The main application screen will provide you with a list of all applications that are available for install from the particular carrier for the specific device model and OS version (It will not display incompatible apps). When looking at an application it will give you a full description and the logo for the specific app. You will be able to access the Options> Advanced Options> Applications screen from within the App center. For the first build, all downloads will be controlled by the browser. The way revenue will be dispersed is that 80% of revenue going back to the developer and the other 20% will be going to Paypal and RIM for infrastructure and administration.

You can find out this and more by signing up for updates. They only sent me one update since November and it discussed what I mentioned here.

http://www.blackberry.com/storefrontinfo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 11:40 PM
    Hmmm...Thanks for the info. Sorry, I was a bit confused I guess with there being an 'Application Center' already on the Storm. I'll check out that link!
    01-15-09 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD