I got to think it has to do with your third party apps or some other settings. I have had .99 on my phone for a few days now and everything is solid.

One thing I have noticed that I no longer can get the blue cursor to turn into a transparent box for editing by holding my finger on the screen. Anyone else?
    it still works...make sure your finger is in the same line as the cursor.

if it still doesnt change to a box move your finger anyway and you should see that it works. It doesn't always change to a box.
    change your hover period to 100 so it doesn't need to take as long to change
    02-06-09 02:48 PM
    Little help here. Wiped my phone, reinstalled the OS, but I don't have the application center icon. I went to the routing table thing and got the browser back, but not the application center
    02-06-09 03:00 PM
    Neo... I've heard people talking about running JL Cmdr twice in a row and getting better results that way. Even if it's placebo, if it makes your enjoyment of the phone better, have at it!
    02-06-09 03:02 PM
    Dayz... try it without the app center for awhile and see how it runs. You can always add that through DM later.
    02-06-09 03:03 PM
    Neo... I've heard people talking about running JL Cmdr twice in a row and getting better results that way. Even if it's placebo, if it makes your enjoyment of the phone better, have at it!
    exactly!!!
    my brother actually did the same as me...i think he posted somewhere on CB those same findings too
    02-06-09 03:10 PM
    it still works...make sure your finger is in the same line as the cursor.

if it still doesnt change to a box move your finger anyway and you should see that it works. It doesn't always change to a box.
    change your hover period to 100 so it doesn't need to take as long to change
    Thanks! The hover period was set to 1000! Guess it changed when I installed .99. Back to normal now.
    02-06-09 03:11 PM
    Dayz... try it without the app center for awhile and see how it runs. You can always add that through DM later.
    hey Capt, there's a question for you: is there a need for it anyway? is it in your phone just for convenience? since you can get the apps from here anyway.

just thought if you have one less thing on your phone it may run a bit smoother.

i know once the app center opens in March it would be smarter to have it on the phone.
    Last edited by neolantis; 02-06-09 at 03:17 PM.
    02-06-09 03:14 PM
    Thanks! The hover period was set to 1000! Guess it changed when I installed .99. Back to normal now.
    wow! yeah 1000 will make you wait forever...just remember there may also be times that it doesnt change to a box. I noticed this on CB mobile. just move your finger any way and it should do its thing.

ps: your avatar makes you look thin
    Last edited by neolantis; 02-06-09 at 03:20 PM.
    02-06-09 03:16 PM
    ...is there a need for it anyway? is it in your phone just for convenience? since you can get the apps from here anyway.
    I don't have it on mine... I'm bare bones. Just what I want/need. Nothing more.
    02-06-09 03:25 PM
    arrgg...my games are gone too. No mas Word Mole?? no bueno
    02-06-09 03:48 PM
    ha. I feel like such a newbie. How do I get the applications center back through DM? I know I don't need it right now, but once the application center comes availible I will, and I figure I might as well get it back now.
    02-06-09 03:51 PM
    When this OS first leaked I LOVED it. Couldn't have been happier with it, but in the past few days it's gotten very VERY buggy. From my lock and ringtones not working, to having to do battery pulls (which I NEVER had to do before upgrading to .99, and I've had the storm since launch day), to weird **** like VZ Navigator randomly popping up. But with all this, I still don't know if I want to downgrade back to .75 because even though there's alot of bad stuff happening, there's alot of good with this OS (mainly being that the video camera actually works and the browser is pretty damn fast). I just don't know if I should downgrade back to .75, which I never had any problems on what-so-ever or if I should stick it out with .99 til the next leak or official one comes. Sooo confused
    I have 9530 but I still say stick with .99.
    02-06-09 05:16 PM
    I'm very happy. Phone has been running alot smoother since doing the wipe. Still haven't figured out how to get my games or application center back =/. Little help
    02-07-09 12:45 PM
    I don't have any major problems with .99 but I'm running pretty bare bones. No VZ Nav, foreign languages, bloat ware or voice activated dialing. The only third party sofware I've installed is Google maps. Memory management and battery life are fine, I've never experienced a random reboot. The only freeze ups I got were the first day right after the upgrade. I installed the os over .85 which was installed over .75 with no wipes.
    02-07-09 01:21 PM
    .99 really chewed up the memory and battery - memory always in the low 20's.

Went back to .90 memory in the 40's. Everything else on the phone was the same.
    02-07-09 04:27 PM
    When this OS first leaked I LOVED it. Couldn't have been happier with it, but in the past few days it's gotten very VERY buggy. From my lock and ringtones not working, to having to do battery pulls (which I NEVER had to do before upgrading to .99, and I've had the storm since launch day), to weird **** like VZ Navigator randomly popping up. But with all this, I still don't know if I want to downgrade back to .75 because even though there's alot of bad stuff happening, there's alot of good with this OS (mainly being that the video camera actually works and the browser is pretty damn fast). I just don't know if I should downgrade back to .75, which I never had any problems on what-so-ever or if I should stick it out with .99 til the next leak or official one comes. Sooo confused
    Don't be on the fence... If you have the stomach for it go for it see how you like it... I personally love .99 haven't had any real issue with it... one or two battery pulls since I installed it a week or so ago now...
    02-07-09 04:33 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD