When this OS first leaked I LOVED it. Couldn't have been happier with it, but in the past few days it's gotten very VERY buggy. From my lock and ringtones not working, to having to do battery pulls (which I NEVER had to do before upgrading to .99, and I've had the storm since launch day), to weird **** like VZ Navigator randomly popping up. But with all this, I still don't know if I want to downgrade back to .75 because even though there's alot of bad stuff happening, there's alot of good with this OS (mainly being that the video camera actually works and the browser is pretty damn fast). I just don't know if I should downgrade back to .75, which I never had any problems on what-so-ever or if I should stick it out with .99 til the next leak or official one comes. Sooo confused
    02-06-09 01:29 PM
    i had the same thoughts as you and actually downgraded to 75 from a previous os.
    once there i really hated the slowness of it so i went back...i think it was 85 at the time.
    like many have said it is a matter of what works for you and what you are willing to deal with. for now i am going to stick with 99, it's not that big of a headache for me.
    hang in there and you will see how great it will become.
    02-06-09 01:53 PM
    I can deal with the bugs, but when they all start happening at the same time, I start to go nuts. I think I'm gonna stick it out, maybe perform a wipe of my phone (I know it's not needed) and reinstall the OS and see if it works better for me. i really don't want to let .99 go, it's a great OS.
    02-06-09 01:57 PM
    For me it was easy: after 2 days and 3 crashes I've moved back to slow but stable .75. I can stand when it slow, but can't live if it crashes during important (or not) business (or not) calls :-)
    That really sucks that .99 isn't working out for some folks. It's been rock solid on mine. Did you try a JL Commander wipe before install? Try and limit the 3rd party apps you put on it to see how it runs?
    Mine has been working solid, but has anyone else noticed when you click the BB button twice really quick it brings up the app switcher. That didn't happen on .75
    02-06-09 01:58 PM
    I've had ZERO problems with .99. In fact, it has been the most stable OS Ive run on my Storm thus far. I bought mine off eBay and I assume it had .75 on it, as soon as I got it i put .85 on without even trying .75. I had very few problems with .85 but when .90 came out I was clamoring for the full keyboard in portrait so I did a full wipe and installed. .90 fresh. I had all sorts of problems from the camera not saving to random reboots. I thought I was going to have to downgrade .85 but when I saw .99 was released I upgraded over .90 right away. I've had no problems at all thus far.
    02-06-09 02:01 PM
    Why is it that when I search the forums I can't find the sticky thread on how to wipe your phone?? for gods sake I'm putting in "how to wipe storm" in the search engine and nothing comes up
    02-06-09 02:02 PM
    BoSox... try and lower your tap interval and see if it improves.
    02-06-09 02:03 PM
    Why is it that when I search the forums I can't find the sticky thread on how to wipe your phone?? for gods sake I'm putting in "how to wipe storm" in the search engine and nothing comes up
    Try "jl commander"
    02-06-09 02:04 PM
    I've been using .99 since it was leaked and I feel like this is the first time I can actually use my blackberry like I normally would use a blackberry. Before I was very cautious about how many apps I had running, cleaning the memory clearing the event logs and such...i still do the latter every now and again, but I am able to run several apps at once now and the phone still responds quickly. I normally have facebook, myspace, viigo, gmail, 3jam sms running at all times. I wonder what it is about the phone that everyone's OS is experience is not the same. I have read horrible errors on here but I have never encountered the majority of them.
    02-06-09 02:04 PM
    Here ya go Dayz

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

The search engine on this really does suck.
    02-06-09 02:07 PM
    .99 has been great for me as well. Last night I was listening to music, other apps running included facebook, gmail, google talk, and twitter with no problem whatsoever. So far this os has been very stable no lock ups or freezes, I am loving it. It is however a little slower than .90, which I can bear.
    02-06-09 02:08 PM
    Here ya go Dayz

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

The search engine on this really does suck.
    Thanks you, I appreciate it
    02-06-09 02:09 PM
    That really sucks that .99 isn't working out for some folks. It's been rock solid on mine. Did you try a JL Commander wipe before install? Try and limit the 3rd party apps you put on it to see how it runs?
    Yes, I did a clean install.
    I think it is all about what apps you are using and in what sequence. Diff apps , especially 3rd party can leave some stuff in memory/cashe which can somehow interact with what started after, and so on.
    This explains for me why for some it works, for some is not.
    02-06-09 02:16 PM
    did the wipe, currently reinstalling .99, I hope this works out better for me.
    02-06-09 02:21 PM
    Yes, I did a clean install.
    I think it is all about what apps you are using and in what sequence. Diff apps , especially 3rd party can leave some stuff in memory/cashe which can somehow interact with what started after, and so on.
    This explains for me why for some it works, for some is not.
    I deleted everything I could through the DM. VZNav, Visual Voice Mail, I think a couple of the foreign language packs that were defaulted. I left Docs to Go on because I use that a lot. I ONLY installed Weatherbug just to see how it would react. I was cautious because .90 REALLY sucked for me. The only 3rd party app I've added is that signal locator utility. I've been running smooth.
    02-06-09 02:22 PM
    Try and limit the 3rd party apps you put on it to see how it runs?
    mines working better due to that. i chose to not restore my back up or 3rd party apps and reload apps individually.
    some of the ones i had didn't work or i didn't like. it obviously took some time but was worth it in how it ran.
    the biggest thing when done this way was having to reenter all my contacts.

i do notice it to run better so far...we'll see
    02-06-09 02:22 PM
    i chose to not restore my back up...
    OH YES!!! I did (or didn't I guess) do that too. I manually reset my configuration. If you resend your service books through BIS it will set your emails back up. Aside from that it's just options and bookmarks really.
    02-06-09 02:26 PM
    OH YES!!! I did (or didn't I guess) do that too. I manually reset my configuration. If you resend your service books through BIS it will set your emails back up. Aside from that it's just options and bookmarks really.
    right, i forgot about that...i did have my emails and a bbm convo (which i thought was weird) It surprised me to see that they were saved.
    02-06-09 02:29 PM
    Oh that is weird. I remember I had to set up my BBM again.
    02-06-09 02:31 PM
    Oh that is weird. I remember I had to set up my BBM again.
    yeah your supposed to...i went through a whole thread with someone about that not being possible then i see the on going convo on my device after i wiped and loaded 99...it wasn't important to me but it made me do a double take

like your sig...great quote
    02-06-09 02:35 PM
    LOL thanks
    02-06-09 02:37 PM
    did the wipe, currently reinstalling .99, I hope this works out better for me.
    this may sound silly to some...but i have actually done full wipes and install of OS up to 3 times before it was smooth running. (this was over a period of a couple weeks giving it a chance after each load)
    I don't understand why and others may say i'm crazy or placebo effect.
    With 83 and 85 this worked for my device. it is time consuming and tedious and don't recommend to anyone without patience.
    02-06-09 02:43 PM
    I got to think it has to do with your third party apps or some other settings. I have had .99 on my phone for a few days now and everything is solid.

One thing I have noticed that I no longer can get the blue cursor to turn into a transparent box for editing by holding my finger on the screen. Anyone else?
    02-06-09 02:43 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD