Hey GALS,

Just wondering how you girls are liking the storm? Personally, I miss how my Curve was so cute and small, same w/ the Pearl. The storm is real nice, a bit big but I can deal... how are your perceptions on the storm? It is definitely not something I can just slip in my jeans anymore

-Minh

P.S. The new update did speed up my Storm and now I really enjoy it vs. using it with the .65 OS
    11-30-08 03:53 PM
    Hi

This is my very first BB, so I really cannot compare it to anything. The learning curve was steep and it took A LOT of getting used to, but I love electronic gadgets and learning how to use them so this has been a real hoot for me. LOL So far, so good -- I love it!
    11-30-08 04:08 PM
    That's awesome! Welcome to the Blackberry community
    11-30-08 04:20 PM
    Looks like you might also be a newbie? If so, welcome to you, too!
    11-30-08 04:22 PM
    Hey. i came from a curve also. and yes its so small and cute. i get compliments on my curve all the time. yes the storm is bulky but i still like the way it looks. typing in the storm was an issue (i can fly on my curve) but im learning and getting better everyday. i like the phone alot and cant wait for more apps, themes and wallpapers. welcome to bb nation
    11-30-08 04:28 PM
    I'm liking it very much so far. I had the enV in a sad and pathetic attempt to downgrade from a smartphone (had a Treo 700w).

The only thing I can't get to work is the sync with iTunes...(No Device Recognized)
    11-30-08 04:35 PM
    Hey. i came from a curve also. and yes its so small and cute. i get compliments on my curve all the time. yes the storm is bulky but i still like the way it looks. typing in the storm was an issue (i can fly on my curve) but im learning and getting better everyday. i like the phone alot and cant wait for more apps, themes and wallpapers. welcome to bb nation
    Me too! Very excited about new apps and themes!

I'm liking it very much so far. I had the enV in a sad and pathetic attempt to downgrade from a smartphone (had a Treo 700w).

The only thing I can't get to work is the sync with iTunes...(No Device Recognized)
    I came from an enV, too. I could type pretty darn fast on that baby. I'm catching up to my enV speed rather quickly with the Storm, which I am very happy about since I text a lot!

Did you install the V CAST with Rhapsody software that came with your Storm onto your PC? I did, even though I don't use V CAST or Rhapsody (LOL), and you can import all of your iTunes music to it and then simply drag and drop the songs you want into your device. It's pretty sweet!
    11-30-08 04:41 PM
    I'm new to the whole CB game too, but I am loving my Storm. Definitely took some getting used to but every day is better. Now I have to load .75 :O)
    11-30-08 04:45 PM
    I'm new to the whole CB game too, but I am loving my Storm. Definitely took some getting used to but every day is better. Now I have to load .75 :O)
    Welcome I loaded .75 last night and it was a snap. Took about thirty minutes or so. Let us know how it goes for you!
    11-30-08 04:49 PM
    I also came from the env and its really hard to get used to the keyboard. I find myself using SureType a lot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 04:52 PM
    Yeah well I got my curve in February and instantly fell in love! (Switched from T-Mobile to Verizon btw T-Mobile was HORRID) However I don't post often because my questions are usually already answered on the forums (hooray!) One thing that annoys me about the keyboard is that it still auto corrects me... sucks when I'm trying to use some slang or abbreviations haha
    11-30-08 04:59 PM
    Hey, I'm brand new to Blackberry but I can say that I think I'm going to really like the Storm. It has taken me a week to feel that way, though!
    11-30-08 05:00 PM
    One thing that annoys me about the keyboard is that it still auto corrects me... sucks when I'm trying to use some slang or abbreviations haha
    I just learned today about adding words and phrases to the custom dictionary so it will stop doing that. I thought that was awesome. LOL

Hey, I'm brand new to Blackberry but I can say that I think I'm going to really like the Storm. It has taken me a week to feel that way, though!
    Me too! By the way, my name is Leigh, too.
    11-30-08 05:08 PM
    I just learned today about adding words and phrases to the custom dictionary so it will stop doing that. I thought that was awesome. LOL
    awesome thanks for the tip
    11-30-08 05:13 PM
    awesome thanks for the tip
    sure thing
    11-30-08 05:19 PM
    I'm loving mine so far. I graduated from the 8830WE so I'm used to a big phone. I almost got a Pearl because it was small and cute but I prefer the large screen. Plus the black and silver Storm is sexy.
    11-30-08 05:36 PM
    Plus the black and silver Storm is sexy.
    You're so right.
    11-30-08 05:37 PM
    I like my storm too. But I think the full keyboard keys are too close together, even with my skinny fingers The only thing I miss about my Pearl is all my themes and apps :\
    11-30-08 06:22 PM
    I came from a Treo and I'm LOVING the Storm. The learning curve didn't take longer than other smartphone changes, which is quite the bonus considering all the negatives floating about.
    11-30-08 06:31 PM
    I'm sure the apps and themes will come. They better! lol
    11-30-08 06:32 PM
    Not a woman. But something I've run into with all capacitive touchscreens (iPod + Phone included) and was also noted by Adrianna Lee over at Phonedog.com: fingernails.

I work for a cable company as a tech and I actually keep my thumbnails longer than most guys. Have to in order to put a fitting on coax properly (peeling back the braid and foil). With a pressure screen its no problem. But it takes a small adjustment to not use the thumbnail to type on a capacitive screen

Or like me, I am still retraining myself from 3 years of cable work to put fittings on in a different manner Now if you ask me about cute, i'm gonna tell you it needs to be brushed steel with sharp edges and about 3 more pounds to be effective as a weapon in a bar fight
    11-30-08 06:41 PM

I couldn't get the iTunes sync to work with Desktop Manager because it kept crashing. So what I did was go to this link and download the sync by itself. When it installs it will then automatically pull up all your music and playlists and you can pick and choose what music you want to put on your phone. Just follow the directions on the screen and it is super easy!

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up
    11-30-08 06:58 PM
    I couldn't get the iTunes sync to work with Desktop Manager because it kept crashing. So what I did was go to this link and download the sync by itself. When it installs it will then automatically pull up all your music and playlists and you can pick and choose what music you want to put on your phone. Just follow the directions on the screen and it is super easy!

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up
    Good to know! Thanks
    11-30-08 07:04 PM
    Well, whenever I finally get mine I will let you know my opinion. Ordered on the 21st and still no word at all. Can't wait. I've been using a Pearl and love it. I used to have one of the old, old berries a long time ago. Much larger than the pearl. My biggest concern is...yep...my nails. Just something I can't go without. Hopefully it will not be a problem. If anyone is using with acrylic I love to hear how you are doing with it!

Just wish someone would design cute designer wristlets for the Storm soon!!! I'd be happy to design. Just wish someone would make them. I've already got my little coach one that I think will work pefect.

11-30-08 07:58 PM
    I'm a girl and I love the Storm. Typing is an issue, though. Still trying to get used to the nails. I used to use both thumbs. Now its my left thumb and right index finger.

Coming from the Curve, the Storm is big. But I love EVERYTHING big. = )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 08:11 PM
346 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD