OK I have had the Storm from day one and I am running OS .75. I cannot check out all the OS leaks as I need to reset my BES corporate connection. So my questions is will they new OS's, if it they ever come out, fix the following frustrations:

1. Lag when changing apps/screens (Running with 25MB free memory and pull battery frequently)
    2. Email issues - Suretype keyboard clisk stall when typing email. Occasionally hitting above keyboard and inserting text where it doesn't belong, somehow sending emails out partially spell checked because of lag device confusion.
    3. Copy/Cut and Paste - effort to pick information is very frustrating. Can't see under your finger, can't pick corners.
    4. Inconsistent implementation of click. Sometimes you need it and sometimes you don't.

Just recently used a BB Bold again and my stress level dropped 50%. If the new OS's don't fix the majority of the Storms issues I am out of here.
    03-13-09 07:39 AM
    Have you read the hints and tips section? Also, there was a useful video that shows how to select with ease.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 08:23 AM
    There is a rants and raves section.

03-13-09 08:36 AM
    hopes you just leave.

Really. You're too lazy to read through and figure out the OS's do for the most part fix your issues, and if you want new technology deal with some issues. If not go away.

Is tired of whiney bitches
    03-13-09 09:15 AM
    hopes you just leave.

Really. You're too lazy to read through and figure out the OS's do for the most part fix your issues, and if you want new technology deal with some issues. If not go away.

WOW are you representative of the crackberry community? I expected more.
    03-13-09 12:12 PM
    Have you read the hints and tips section? Also, there was a useful video that shows how to select with ease.

Thank you for your constructive advice as others answering this thread have not done so. Yes I have read all the hints and tips and applied most if not all plus I have religiously read this forum from day one. They improve the Strom marginally. I realize that many issues appear to have been improved via OS update leaks (that I am not able to try because of my BES situation) but their are hardware limitations that will never be overcome. Do the leaks really plug the holes I listed or are they just bandages?
    03-13-09 12:46 PM
    /yawn......
    03-13-09 12:48 PM
    All 4 of your issues are software issues that the newer OS leaks have fixed.

1. Lag is almost non-existent with my storm running 4.7.0.109, although once every few days I notice that my storm restarts on its own when the memory leak uses up too much memory. I find the moderate memory leak to be acceptable considering the performance improvement over 4.7.0.075

2.Email issues... I find typing in landscape mode the easiest mode to type in... my keyboard rarely lags when typing and I actually type as fast as I did on my 8830... If you insist on typing in portrait, i think the newer OS leaks are less laggy and have less issues, although I cannot confirm that for you. I use full qwerty in both landscape and portrait mode (full portrait qwerty was added in OS .99 i think)

3. I have heard that with 4.7.0.112 and up has a new copy/paste function that is easier to use... I haven't upgraded yet, so I can't confirm, but I haven't had too much trouble with the .109 copy/paste function.

4. Not sure what you mean there, but if it is implementation of select/click with the surepress screen, it should be a software issue. I've never had any problem knowing how to select/click with the surepress screen

Finally, I've found the community at blackberryforums.com to be very helpful with general questions... I browse both that site and crackberry and although crackberry has more information, blackberry forums is a little more friendly...
    03-13-09 01:27 PM
    /yawn......
    Go lay your head down then
    03-13-09 01:30 PM
    I'll throw myself in the "whiney bitches" category when it comes to that phone. Don't listen to nay-sayers. Talk all you want about what you don't like, and what you do like, RIM will see what's up and then make the changes.
    03-13-09 01:31 PM
    OK I have had the Storm from day one and I am running OS .75. I cannot check out all the OS leaks as I need to reset my BES corporate connection. So my questions is will they new OS's, if it they ever come out, fix the following frustrations:

1. Lag when changing apps/screens (Running with 25MB free memory and pull battery frequently)
    2. Email issues - Suretype keyboard clisk stall when typing email. Occasionally hitting above keyboard and inserting text where it doesn't belong, somehow sending emails out partially spell checked because of lag device confusion.
    3. Copy/Cut and Paste - effort to pick information is very frustrating. Can't see under your finger, can't pick corners.
    4. Inconsistent implementation of click. Sometimes you need it and sometimes you don't.

Just recently used a BB Bold again and my stress level dropped 50%. If the new OS's don't fix the majority of the Storms issues I am out of here.
    Dont blame you. I have had all those problems too. But the new OS's really do fix a lot of them. The selection problem was always an issue for me even with the tips, but the new selection tool is apparently really cool on .113 (i only have .109). The inconsistent screen clicking--for that you should really read the tips--once you understand how certain things work, it will make it easier. The lag is almost completely gone with .109 and apparently perfect with .113
    03-13-09 01:33 PM
    hopes you just leave.

I agree ^ Especially because I sell verizon products and I for one and tired of people insisting they want the storm, not doing any research, and then complaining about it non stop until they eventually return it. I look at the phones when they are returned and they are stock just like the day they got it. No icons moved, nothing deleted, etc. Kinda sad how stupid people are sometimes. ID10T errors all day long lol
    03-13-09 07:46 PM

You can update the OS without having to get your IT department to reset your BES password. And the process is really simple. All you have to do is back up your device in DM, install the upgrade, and then do a restore in DM. Your BES activation will start automatically, without having to reset the password. The only issue I have had in 3 ugrades using this method is that sometimes the BIS mail accounts have to be deleted and readded in order to get them to work again. If this fails, it only takes a few seconds for your IT person to reset a BES password.
    03-13-09 09:11 PM

I had most of the problems you had and more. I upgraded from 75 to 109, and adjusted the torx screw and download a new theme I liked and I went from getting the box ready to pack it up to loving my phone more than my laptop or any other gadget. The best advice I can give you is to make the jump and upgrade. It'll fix all those problems. Just follow the tutorials and you'll be fine. Best of luck to you!!!
    03-13-09 09:17 PM
    hopes you just leave.

If you feel that way about it why waste your time posting? Why not just skip the thread and move on to a topic thats worth your time and energy?

I agree ^ Especially because I sell verizon products and I for one and tired of people insisting they want the storm, not doing any research, and then complaining about it non stop until they eventually return it. I look at the phones when they are returned and they are stock just like the day they got it. No icons moved, nothing deleted, etc. Kinda sad how stupid people are sometimes. ID10T errors all day long lol
    The phone I saw advertised on tv is nothing like the phones I've had. You sell VZW products tell me why didnt they have better quality control? I'm on my 3rd phone and come tomorrow Im taking this one back to get another one. How many phones do I have to return before I get one that works the way it should or better yet similar to the what's advertised?
    Last edited by tug_slug; 03-13-09 at 09:35 PM.
    03-13-09 09:26 PM

If the Storm is not working for you, get something else that will.
    03-13-09 09:29 PM
    WOW are you representative of the crackberry community? I expected more.
    I think alot of us are just getting a little tired of all these Storm-bashing threads right in the main Storm forum... There's a rants and raves forum for threads like this, it should be used. The main part of the forum should be used for posts that are actually informative.
    03-13-09 09:32 PM
    I'll throw myself in the "whiney bitches" category when it comes to that phone. Don't listen to nay-sayers. Talk all you want about what you don't like, and what you do like, RIM will see what's up and then make the changes.
    Yes..... AND DO IT IN THE CORRECT SUBFORUM......
    03-13-09 09:36 PM
    The phone I saw advertised on tv is nothing like the phones I've had. You sell VZW products tell me why didnt they have better quality control? I'm on my 3rd phone and come tomorrow Im taking this one back to get another one. How many phones do I have to return before I get one that works the way it should or better yet similar to the what's advertised?
    If you are going on your 4th phone I would have to go with operator error of technological error.
    03-13-09 09:45 PM
    You can update the OS without having to get your IT department to reset your BES password. And the process is really simple. All you have to do is back up your device in DM, install the upgrade, and then do a restore in DM. Your BES activation will start automatically, without having to reset the password. The only issue I have had in 3 upgrades using this method is that sometimes the BIS mail accounts have to be deleted and readded in order to get them to work again. If this fails, it only takes a few seconds for your IT person to reset a BES password.
    Are you sure about this (retaining the BES activation via DM back up)? I thought I tried this once before and it didn't work and I had to have BES reset. I relaize they can reset easily but I don't want to overdo my welcome by updating OS's every other day.
    03-16-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD