Hi,

this is my first post on crackberry and sorry for my bad english. i switched from german forum to crackbery, i think it's more powerfull and with more information. I got my Storm a few days ago from Vodafone, it's a 9500.

Actualy there is someting that makes me crazy with the Storm: In my opinion, there is a problem with the accelerometer. I carry my BB in a leather case on my belt and every time i put it out of the beld, it turns to landscape mode. That's not really a problem, but very ofter the phone "hangs" and doesn't turn the screen to the right position (or it needs a long time)

so my killer feature for the next firmware: The posibility to turn off automatic screen rotation by accelerometer. it would be nice, to put this function on one of the keys on the side of the phone. for example: if you want to put in some longer text in landscape mode, you can rotate the screen by clicking the button on the rigt side of the phone and clicking it a second time to rotate back.

EDIT: did you ever try to unlock your Storm with one hand? i think it's impossible or someone has fingers like a *****... it would be nice, there where a possibiloity to unlock the Storm by pressing a combination of the buttons under the screen.

please post your wishes and improvements for the next firmware.

max
    Last edited by maxblue; 11-24-08 at 04:10 PM.
    11-24-08 03:56 PM
    I doubt that will ever come out.. That's just the nature of the beast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 03:59 PM
    That would be nice just for the reason in bed I lay on my side and sometimes it switches and makes me mad! =)
    11-24-08 04:00 PM
    The only problem I see with that is, the phone can rotate left AND right. Being able to switch it from a button would be annoying because you would have to cycle through all positions.
    11-24-08 04:04 PM
    yes that's right, laying on a table the accelerometer don't know how to turn the screen. sometimes, if you move the phone litte bit, the screens rotates.
    11-24-08 04:06 PM
    I agree with this addition to the phone. It should be an option anyway.
    We should not be stuck with "Automatic" screen tilts unless we choose that option.

I lay on my side in bed too and it flips constantly. It's also not set correctly, the accelerometer is way too sensitive. The angle it chooses to flip doesn't make sense. Plus, who in their right mind would have engineered this to flip in locked mode? If the phone is locked there is no need for it to do anything but wait for a call, text, email or whatever and do the apporpriate profile noise, etc....

I would also like to see RIM start to address the need for specific LED colors for specific events, and a reminder. I would like an app like BBAlerts to be implemented into the OS. This should just be standard.

That's my rant at the moment....
    11-24-08 04:06 PM
    for the most part, the screen says in whatever orientation it is in when you lay it down.
    11-24-08 04:14 PM
    I don't ser any point In having to turn the phone sideways at the home screen. It waste cpu cycles and causes it to freeze and or lag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 04:23 PM
    My Wish List:
    -MMS
    -Copy and Paste
    -True Push
    -Camera Flash
    ...Oh wait..this isn't an iPhone wish list.
    11-24-08 04:31 PM
    I don't ser any point In having to turn the phone sideways at the home screen. It waste cpu cycles and causes it to freeze and or lag.
    Agreed... I would like the ability to lock it myself.

The bedside mode is nice when using the Dock. However, I would like the Snooze/Cancel Buttons to be bigger and spaced farther apart.

Then it would be the perfect alarm clock.
    11-24-08 04:33 PM
    a true "locked" mode where the screen does not light up if buttons/screen is pushed when "locked".

would be nice.
    11-24-08 04:39 PM
    I wish blackberry would start their own forums for us to give our two cents about what we think should be done!
    11-24-08 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD