Picked up my Storm this morning and this is my first Blackberry. I know I'm not the only one on here that bought their first Blackberry today that happened to be a Storm. I wanted to start this thread and have all the addicts (don't worry I'm well on my way) list their favorite and most useful apps for us newbies to check out.

So if you can, just reply with the name of the app, what it does/what it's good for, and how to get it. I know this would help me out and I think some of the other BB newbies would be interested in this as well. Thanks!
    11-21-08 02:04 PM
    BB Messenger wife has a curve i have my storm keeps us in contact instantly (well almost).....
    11-21-08 02:05 PM
    If you have contacts in gmail, you can use google sync.

twitterberry if you use twitter

Myspace / facebook have apps that you can d/l
    11-21-08 03:59 PM
    Virtually all of my apps from my Curve did not come over to the Storm. I'm wondering if the Soft Reset program from the Pearl and Curve will work on the Storm? Anyone know for sure. Also, the WeatherBug only has one icon now, the one that gives the temperature. The other one with the high/low temp and current weather conditions is gone?
    11-21-08 04:10 PM
    11-21-08 04:13 PM
    Virtually all of my apps from my Curve did not come over to the Storm. I'm wondering if the Soft Reset program from the Pearl and Curve will work on the Storm? Anyone know for sure. Also, the WeatherBug only has one icon now, the one that gives the temperature. The other one with the high/low temp and current weather conditions is gone?
    You can still get the other icon, it's under WeatherBug settings, which is listed under options...
    11-21-08 04:14 PM
    BB Messenger wife has a curve i have my storm keeps us in contact instantly (well almost).....
    You guys probably have unlimited text, but is it true that IM is charged against your SMS usage and not Data?
    11-21-08 04:16 PM
    BBM!! (Blackberry Messanger). i don't know many that's not on BBM. It will be your new AIM/Yahoo Msgr. The catch....you gotta have friends with Berrys.
    11-21-08 04:26 PM
    I tried downloading the myspace app and it worked, but I don't see the myspace icon anywhere, not in Home or the apps folder. I'm using the Storm. Anyone else?
    11-21-08 04:26 PM
    You guys probably have unlimited text, but is it true that IM is charged against your SMS usage and not Data?
    BBM is free anywhere (including international), PIN to PIN communication. And its instant fast, with Delivery and Read receipts.
    11-21-08 04:29 PM
    I tried downloading the myspace app and it worked, but I don't see the myspace icon anywhere, not in Home or the apps folder. I'm using the Storm. Anyone else?
    Try checking the download folder. That is where I found mine.
    11-21-08 05:14 PM
    Try checking the download folder. That is where I found mine.
    Initially I checked and it wasn't there. What I did to make it work was go to the blackberry website and they had an option there to download the app to the phone straight from the computer. After that, it showed up in the download folder.
    11-21-08 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD